PDA

View Full Version : quick question

GunRex
08-10-06, 05:13 PM
Well my question is mostly about 0329 (Recon)... I was origionally DEPed in as Combat Engineer (forgot the number) and scheduled to ship Nov 11. Yesterday my recruiter asked me if i could leave Aug 11 as a Recon spot instend. (I am assuming he needed to fill a quota) Which i dont really mind im game for mostly anything and i told him ok.

I came home and started looking up some info on Recon and noticed their swimming requirements. I am fairly fit... was Cpt. of football team, lifegaurd on summer, blah blah blah.. so i am entirely confident i can get into the physical shape they need me too. but i havent swam in about 2 years, and am a bit worried about the 500meter swim time...

My question is after Boot Camp will they allow time for me to hit a pool and get into at least some amount of shape for the water, or do i hafta take the extra tests before i hit the MOS school?

I can swim the 500m im sure, but i dont know if it will be an acceptable time.... by doing this favor for my recruiter did i indirectly change my MOS to 0311? (Which is not a bad thing at all.... im just trying to get an idea of what to expect/hope for) Any ideas or help for hopeful future Marine?

GunRex
08-10-06, 05:23 PM
I was origionally DEPed in as Combat Engineer (forgot the number) and scheduled to ship Nov 11. Yesterday my recruiter asked me if i could leave Aug 11 as a Recon spot instend.

I meant Aug 28 not the 11, sorry for typo...

Smalcom
08-10-06, 05:27 PM
recon = 0321