PDA

View Full Version : *Special* Daily Motivational - 8/10/06

JWG
08-10-06, 07:16 AM
We have another Motivational, written by our VERY OWN... Barret! AWESOME writing, BROTHER! :thumbup: <br />
<br />
(If you guys have writing, PM it to me.. I can either post it, or you can post it as the...

jinelson
08-10-06, 11:05 AM
Well done Barret, very well done indeed!

WannabeDevildog
08-10-06, 11:55 AM
Very good story Barret, very good. Thanks for sending it to Jon so we all could see it.
Alright, since we've started writing our own motos and It's getting harder to find 'em on the internet, I've taken the liberty to write my own as well.

Why The Marines?
by: WannabeDevildog

I am constantly confronted with the question "Why the Marine Corps?"
"Why not the Army?" they ask. "You'd be a lot safer in the Navy or the Air Force." Upon my decision to join the Marines, I have come to the conclusion that the general public does not understand, and maybe even fears the Marine Corps. I am always reminded of the quote "The only two people that understand Marines are other Marines, and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."
I'll admit that I, a future Marine recruit, do not know all there is to know about the United States Marines, but I do know this: They are the most elite fighting force on the face of the Earth, and are to be feared by the enemy and respected by all others. Maybe this is common knowledge, and maybe that is what concerns the American public about the Marines. They are fighters. They are trained to fight, and trained to win. Marines never quit no matter what the circumstances.
In the First World War, the Germans called them "Devil Dogs", and at Belleau Wood the Marines struck fear into the enemy when they began to kill at 700 yards. A distance unheard of at the time and only accomplished by Marines.
In the Second World War, the Marines faced the most ferocious, unforgiving military known to man at the time. The Japanese beat the hell out of every opposing force they ever came across, until the faced the Marines. The "Devil Dogs" beat back the Japanese almost single-handedly and won the war in the Pacific.
By the time the Korean war was in full swing, the Marines reputation had grown significantly. In fact, the enemy knew to respect the Marines, and even feared them. A captured North Korean Major said "Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the American Marines!" The Marines could be recognized by the khaki leggings they wore in battle, and a general order was given to all communist troops "Do not attack the First Marine Division. LEAVE THE YELLOWLEGS ALONE! Strike the American Army." The Marines were feared, and with good reason. It was the Marines that held the Pusan Perimeter, and stormed the beaches of Inchon to gain a foothold. It was the Marines that were surrounded at the Chosin Reservoir under the most unberable conditions imaginable, and yet, they still managed to fight their way back 40 miles to friendly lines.
And in Vietnam, even with the American public opposing the war, the Marines held their ground. They held at Khe Sanh, where any other fighting force probably would have surrendered or ran. They held at Hue City where some of the fiercest urban fighting occured. They held during the countless other encounters with the enemy in the jungles of Southeast Asia.
So why the Marines? Because I believe in the Marines. Because history has proven that the Marines can hold their own when the metal meets the meat. Because I have a sense of duty and am willing to lay down my life for the benefit of this great nation. And if I am to serve, I want to serve with the best. I want to know that I am one of the troops that is feared by the enemy and respected by all others. I want to know that the brothers at my side, just like me, joined to be one of the best and not because of enlistment bonuses, or because it was much safer than another branch. Because after earning the Title, I will be a part of this proud history that goes back further than the birth of this nation. I will have EARNED something that can never be taken away from me, and I will keep it with me for ETERNITY!

JWG
08-10-06, 12:22 PM
Yes, well done, again, Barret!

Zack, another AWESOME writing.. this is some great stuff coming out of the woodwork.

If any other Poolee has something written, or a poem, anything they want to write or have written, PLEASE do PM me with it, and it it will be put in the Daily Motivational! MOTO!!

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

Barret
08-10-06, 01:06 PM
Battle Plan against the U.S Marines:

Plan A: Surrender
Plan B: Die

:iwo:

And also, thanks for all the positive feedback on the story. Hopefully, I can churn out a few more.