PDA

View Full Version : Medic Question

Juarez88
08-09-06, 01:52 AM
Hi, I was wondering if Marines have training for their own medics? I've read on a few websites that you have to enlist in the Navy for the training, is that true? If so, how would you be able to finally become a marine? And what role does the Navy training medic have with the Marines? I've been trying to figure out the process, but there's not alot of information on it. Sorry for all the questions, but it's a little puzzling. I would really appreciate some information,

thanks,

- John

LDO Capt
08-09-06, 09:00 AM
First, fill out yor profile, more people will talk to you. We have no medics, that is an army term we call the Corpsmen. They are in the navy and although they act, dress, and are some of the best guys your every going to meet they are not Marines. If you want to become a Corpsman talk to a navy recruiter.

jinelson
08-09-06, 12:17 PM
Welcome aboard Juarez, the captain is correct in his answer to you and also about completing your profile. I sent you an email with links that will help you take care of that, its a site rule for those in this forum. Please also read Sticky Threads 2 thru 5 in the Poolee Hall forum they are the rules that apply to you here.

Jim ;)

Juarez88
08-09-06, 01:33 PM
Profile information added. I would not want to be a Corpsmen, I want to be a Marine. Is there away to be transfered or anything similar like that to join the Marines afterwards? Maybe train with Navy in medic courses and then train with Marines? If that isn't possible, do Marines have any medical training used in the field?

John

LDO Capt
08-09-06, 01:41 PM
Marines use Corpsmen, they are in the Navy, no Marines are Corpsmen. We do get classes in First Aid, but not the advanced classes that that Navy Corpsmen get. I don't know how to put that any simpler....

rktect3j
08-09-06, 01:43 PM
Profile information added. I would not want to be a Corpsmen, I want to be a Marine. Is there away to be transfered or anything similar like that to join the Marines afterwards? Maybe train with Navy in medic courses and then train with Marines? If that isn't possible, do Marines have any medical training used in the field?

John
Yes. They are called Corpsmen and they are attached to Marine units. You have to join the Navy for this position.
Yes you can join the Navy first, go to basic training, go to Corpsman school and serve four years active duty. Then you can join the Marine Corps, go to boot camp and become a Marine where you will not be a Corpsman.

outlaw3179
08-09-06, 01:47 PM
You would have to go to bootcamp after your contract with the Navy expires. Ill be honest with you and I think most Marines can back me up . The Marine Corps. is a department of the Navy ( Mens department), so we tend to think of ourselves as a bit better. Physically , and mentally. But, when it comes down to it, our Corpsmen we treat just like one of our brothers. Our corpsmen sleep in the mud with us , they do the same humps, the train with us , they take care of us when were sick , they hear our *****es, our complaints , they sometimes are our councilors, and if needed theyll kick our ass to get us back in line when we need it. Corpsmen may not have gone to our boot camp but they are the closest to being a Marine that anyone can be without actually being one. Many a Marine consider Corpsmen Marines, I being one , just because Ive know some outsanding corpsmen who have given so much of themselves in peace time and especially during combat. Being a corpsman in my opinion is an honor . Just my opinion.