PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Ball Fundraisers

Tegan
08-08-06, 12:17 PM
'tis that time of year again.. Marine Corps Ball. <br />
I have recently been put in charge of my shops fundraising for the Ball this year and I am wondering what other units have done or if anyone has any...

outlaw3179
08-08-06, 12:54 PM
This is something that worked great for us Tegan. Raffle tickets for 1$. They came in books of 100. If the Marine sold 100 of them their ball ticket was free. There were tons of prizes , Marine Corps stuff, cash prizes (500, 300, 200, 100), NCO Swords, Small tvs , some pretty cool stuff. So alot of the Marines what they would do they instead of getting the tickets and selling them they would just buy it for themselves. If you think about 100 x 150 Marines is 15,000$. This was a company fundraiser so we ended up making about 25,000$ by selling them to all kinds of people. Paid for all the drinks, food, and ballroom rental. Obviously your a smaller shop so tweak it and see if something like that can work for you.

yellowwing
08-08-06, 01:16 PM
Tegan notates that she is in San Diego. I think she would have to take a dump on purpose not to suceed in her task.

There's got to be a retired SNCO that will walk on broken glass for a good Marine Corps Ball.

fontman
08-08-06, 02:04 PM
Lots of car washes around here.

They really do good when the chicks helping the Marines are wearing bikinis, if ya get my drift...

:bunny:

Tegan
08-08-06, 02:38 PM
there are carwashes everyday here... im in a shop with (omg!) 5 other pfc's and we were all challenged by our SSgt to come up with a good idea. I want mine to be better:)

LEADEROFMARINES
08-08-06, 04:34 PM
In My Old Unit We Auctioned Off Marines For Dates. We Posted Fliers Around Little Hotspots In Oahu. We Had Non Rates, Enlisted, And Officers Alike. The Event Was A Huge Success. Hawaii Is Laid Back But It Wouldn't Hurt To Run The Idea By Your NCO's.