PDA

View Full Version : AmyG 8/8/06 update

RetiredArmy01
08-08-06, 11:36 AM
Just to let you know Amy called from the airport just before she left Indy. She had to make connection in D.C., then to Georgia. She was traveling by herself. Their was one other girl that was suppose to ship but was two pounds under weight. (I should have such a problem) So I guess it will be two or three weeks before we here more. Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.

Lonnie
(AmyG's Dad)

jinelson
08-08-06, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the update Dad you should be getting another phone call very soon from her stating that she has arrived safely. Please dont expect much more than that in the way of telephone calls. She will most likely write her first letter home to you this coming sunday which you should get next week.

MillRatUSMC
08-08-06, 12:26 PM
Echoing Jim Nelson's words...we will be praying for the our fellow Hoosier...now that we are a distance away in Altoona, PA...I know that I don't have to tell you that you have a great daughter in Amy...because she doing what she said in some of her poems...
I been lucky...your daughter placed some trust in me...she allowed me to host some of her poems...I will place a link next...Amy's poems are by Cheyenne Stormer...
http://www.geocities.com/millrat_99/poetsindex.html
She has a great deal of faith...must be that acorn does not fall too far from the tree...

JWG
08-08-06, 12:41 PM
Yes, Lonnie, thank you for the update!

Always good to know how my Brother and Sister Future Marines are doing!

Please do keep us updated, continuely. As SSgt Jim Nelson and Ricardo have said.. don't expect a phone call after that first "Arrival" one.. but do expect many letters!

God Bless You... and God Bless Amy!

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

yellowwing
08-08-06, 12:53 PM
As with you Lonnie, we do our best to prepare young'uns. Its all up to her now. I presonally think she'll do just fine. She has the heart and courage to be one of our true warriors.

Out of the thousands of slackers populating our good Nation, you raised a good one. We say thank you!

Osotogary
08-08-06, 01:45 PM
Thank you for the update, Lonnie.
As one Dad to another; you must be as proud as the dickens. Your daughter Amy will do well.

RetiredArmy01
08-11-06, 06:18 PM
Update
Just got the offical form letter letting us know Amy is at PI. So here is her address.

RCT Gentry Amy I 3566
PLT 4037 4 BN P CO
Box 4037
Parris Island, SC 29905-4037

I already sent a letter.

Mama
08-11-06, 08:27 PM
Prayin' for her! I know she's gonna do great things though...
Thanks for the addy, will get a note out tonight :)

MillRatUSMC
08-12-06, 04:35 PM
Tomorrow a note will be out-going to my fellow Hoosier...soon to be a Marine...thanks Lonnie for the addy...