PDA

View Full Version : Theyre Shippin Out

DaveXIII90
08-07-06, 09:34 AM
To all of the Poolees/DEP's that are shipping off this monday, or if any are shipping out as well within the next few days, I would like to let all of you know we have more than alot of hope in you- we KNOW you all can do this. If it is too late, and they have already shipped, then atleast I tried to tell them this. If any of the poolees shipping this week can read this though, stay moto, dont let anything stand in your way. Remmember- your Drill Instructors may be tough as nails, sound like the end of the world when they get in your face, and make you do things that feel like the end of the world too- but in the end, when you all graduate- and im pretty sure you all will- you should realize that they sacrificed living a normal routined life so that in turn you would be able to achieve one of the most amazing things in the world. Just keep focused on doing your absolute best, keep your eyes on the Eagle Globe and Anchor. Im thinking about all of you. If, on the other hand, the poolees have already shipped off, we should use this thread to dscuss our views on the changes we have seen in these recruits from when they began asking questions, to the last few days at home, where they showed how being involved on this site helped them out in many different ways. GOOD LUCK POOLEES, OR SHOULD I SAY, SOON TO BE RECRUITS, AND SOON AFTER... Marines!

jinelson
08-07-06, 09:59 AM
Yes it seems that we have quite a few members that start the journey this week. Most post good bye and thank you threads but some choose to do the same another way like you saw in the Poolee Chat last night. The most rewarding thing for me is when they return as Marines and let us know it. Speaking of that we have a few due to graduate September 1st at both MCRD's, stand by and you will see what I mean.

WannabeDevildog
08-07-06, 10:14 AM
One of my best friends is graduating from MCRD San Diego on the 22nd. I can't wait to see the changes in him.

Poskew
08-07-06, 11:45 AM
Im going to die at Parris Island. I already accepted that.

jinelson
08-07-06, 11:57 AM
Not without permission or being so ordered you wont Poskew!

:)

DWG
08-07-06, 12:05 PM
I did PI in July-Sept. 68-"I pity the fools" I was from Florida and I thought I was gonna melt!

JWG
08-07-06, 01:39 PM
Yes it seems that we have quite a few members that start the journey this week. Most post good bye and thank you threads but some choose to do the same another way like you saw in the Poolee Chat last night. The most rewarding thing for me is when they return as Marines and let us know it. Speaking of that we have a few due to graduate September 1st at both MCRD's, stand by and you will see what I mean.
Sure is alot of our Poolee's shipping out. Can't wait for their arrival back!

Im going to die at Parris Island. I already accepted that.
:usmc:Yes, everyone dies at Parris Island.. and is born a MARINE! :usmc:

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

quillhill
08-07-06, 01:50 PM
It's a Poolee mass exodus. Heh. I swear, though I don't know any of these devil pups well, I am proud of each and every one of them.

I look forward to the next few months as these recruits come streaming back in, changing their avatars and proudly proclaiming they have earned the title.

I had a teacher in high school who told me that scariest, most challenging things were the things I should always try to do in life because those things would be good for me and make me a better person.

That's what these Poolees should know going into it, no matter how scary, no matter how challenging, this is probably the best thing you could have chosen to do with your lives and you will be better people for it.

MillRatUSMC
08-07-06, 05:35 PM
Yes, many are starting the journey that starts on some yelllow footprints...
Got an E-Mail from my dear friend and soon to be my sister Marine...AmyG...that she was leaving 7 August...which is today...
GO GIRL...
Those weeks will fly...