PDA

View Full Version : Marine Needs Our Help

Shaffer
01-04-03, 10:22 AM
This was sent to me. It is legit. <br />
<br />
Marines and friends, <br />
<br />
The following provides a little information on a Corporal in my battalion who has just experienced a &quot;worst nightmare&quot; situation. His...

firstsgtmike
01-04-03, 11:40 AM
A check will be in the mail on Monday.

But more important than that. I stand up to give a hand salute to his CO, Major Hardin.

Thank you, Sir.

Art Petersn
01-04-03, 04:04 PM
Thank you for giving us the oportunity to help.

We should let them know the information came from Leatherneck.com

Shaffer
01-05-03, 09:17 AM
I too will be sending out a check on Monday. Both a personal check and one in the name of Leatherneck. In addition I am going to contact Major Hardin to see if we can take this to another level.

Good to see Marines helping Marines. A little will go a long way.

Semper Fi,
Jerry

Shaffer
01-06-03, 02:14 PM
Just got off the phone with Major Hardin. Sounds like a real hard charger. The address and purpose behind this fund has been verified. All contributions will be greatly appreciated. I cannot begin to...

thedrifter
01-06-03, 02:35 PM
Our Prayers and Thought go out to this Family..........

That's what we are all about.......

Marines Helping Marines..........

check is going out......

Sempers,

Roger and Ellie

JAMarine
01-06-03, 05:29 PM
As Shaffer has verified, this is legit and has been confirmed. I am also in contact with Cpl. Reno's Service and Support 1st Sgt., 1Sgt. Sheffield. It was the 1st Sgt. that got this "ball rolling".

I can not even imagine what this Marine is going through or what his and his baby's future will hold but can only shutter inside with the thought of loosing my wife. That thought alone is enough to make me contribute what I can.

Let your BrotherHood and SisterHood shine Marines. Write your checks and/or send your money orders. Do what you can. Like I read earlier; "Just a little from a lot of people will make a huge difference".

Do I know Cpl. Reno?
No, but he is my Brother and I know he needs my help.

Sempers Marines.

MillRatUSMC
01-07-03, 12:54 PM
Knowing that only dumb question is the question not asked.

My dumb question might be;
Who do we make out the check, money order to?
Major Richard W Hardin, 1stSgt Jeffrey D. Sheffield or Corporal Walter Reno?

Need info ASAP
So I can get it out on the snail mail.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Shaffer
01-07-03, 01:14 PM
I made it out to the 1st Sergeant and my memo said "Cpl Walter Reno fund". Could probably put it in the corporals name also. Shouldn't matter.

Thanks for help bro!

SF,
Jerry