PDA

View Full Version : Army CIB

Old Marine
08-06-06, 08:58 AM
I recently read an article that stated that in the Army the CIB ranks higher than the MOH and can be worn above the MOH. Don't really know much about Army awards, but a person would think that nothing is higher than the MOH. Anybody have any answers. Maybe some of you X Doggies.:evilgrin:

rproctor922
08-06-06, 09:17 AM
Actually the CIB is a badge not a Ribbon so they too are not related to each other. badges like airborne wings, Air assault, and CIB, or EIB are worn over the ribbons if that is what you mean.

jerryk
08-06-06, 09:17 AM
well we wear our jump wings above all medals and ribbons ,i really dont know

bigdog43701
08-06-06, 12:41 PM
oldmarine,

in responce to your question i think someone else tounched on it. it is NOT saying that the CIB is higher than the MOH. on the uniform it is customary to wear first items such and shooting badges below all ribbons and then specialty badges, ie jump wings, combat scuba etc.

when full medals are worn then the MOH WILL be higher.

also the army says you can exchange your mc car for a cib...i still wore my car (it meant more than the cib to me).

BOOGIEMAN44
08-06-06, 01:05 PM
The Eib, (expert Infantryman Badge) And The Cib, (combat Infantryman Badge), Are One In The Same, Eib Is What You Earn In Pease Time... Now, I Said Earn... An Infantryman Has To Pertake Of 32 Test, All With Go's At Each Station, You Can Get A No-go And Retake The Test And Recive A Go And Carry On The The Next Test And You Can Do This Too Times, Upon Your 3rd No-go Your Out, Or Get A No-go And Retake The Test And Recive Another No-go And Your Out, The Cib, Has A Wreath Around The Badge To Seperate The Too And You Have To Be Under Direct Or Indirect Fire, In A Hostile Engagement, The Eib Test Is For Infantrymen Only, And Is The Highest Badge Award An Infantryman In Peace Time.

BOOGIEMAN44
08-06-06, 01:07 PM
And One More Thing..sorry, The Cib Is Not Higher Than The Moh, It Is Just The Highest ( Badge ) Worn By Infantrymen...

RLeon
08-06-06, 02:52 PM
My dad got an EIB. His stories about the test were pretty motivating...made me respect the Army a little more...but I won't tell him that. ;)

"hey, Army
were are you going
get off your tanks and follow me
I am Marine Corps Motor T.."
:D

BOOGIEMAN44
08-06-06, 03:39 PM
Rleon, I Have An E I B, Nothing To It, It Is Nothing That You Don't Learn In Marine Corps Boot Camp, It (might) Take Some Reg. Army Man Years To Earn One One, I Got It On The Frist Go-around, It Is A 3 Day, 32 Test Event, A Marine Corps Pvt, Just Out Of Boot Could Pass It, This Is In No Way Trying To Dish On Your Dad, I Respect All Military, But Nothing To An E I B Test.

Old Marine
08-07-06, 07:58 AM
Good Info. Thanks, Guys.