PDA

View Full Version : and we're here again.....why?

DWG
08-05-06, 10:12 AM
This was the header on an e-mail I received from a young Sgt. in the 1 MEF in Iraq. Below it were pictures of the muslim "peace march" in London with the usual "freedom go to hell". "death to America","Europe your 911 is on the way". Same crap as always! I have been corresponding with this Marine, and a few others, for several months. We met through the Any.Marine.com program, which I highly recommend. He meant this as a joke but I started wondering how this kind of thing is starting to affect our troops. This guy seems to be a heads up, squared away and motivated Marine who plans on making a career out of the Corps. He is on his second (at least) deployment and plans on deploying back to Iraq after a six month rotation to the States. He doesn't complain (if you don't count no beer, no women and HOT!) and he feels he's making a difference in the war on terrorism. He isn't a fobbit and takes 12 to 20 hour days outside the wire in stride. He is a perfect example of the inspirational young men (and women) that make up the Corps today, and I am proud of every one of them. But how long can we expect these young Marines, and old ones, to maintain any kind of morale level when they see "peaceful" muslims in the west, the Cindy Sheehans at home, and more thousands of shi'ite in Baghdad screaming death to America (a perfectly wasted opportunity to dispose of a lot of old napalm, in my opinion). Add to this the compulsion to have to identify every actor in an ambush as a "card carrying" terrorist/insurgent on active duty with real intent to commit lethal harm as compared to a human shield and I foresee a lot of unnecessarily dead and injured Marines. I hate comparisons of this war with Viet Nam but the press, politicians and , unfortunately,the Marine Corps senior staff seem to be determined to create another war "won in the field and lost in Washington". War crimes were committed by the U.S. Government in Viet Nam; not against the Vietnamese but against our own troops when they sent them to fight and die with no plan to win. We can't let this happen again! I know-write your congressman-but they don't seem to be listening anymore (again?). If we are not going to adopt the Israeli concept of "get to fightin' or get the **** out of the way" then we need to, dare I say it, pull out. We will have to fight and defeat this disease, now or later, but if our "leaders" don't have the will to see it through now, let's back away, nuk'em and submit a bill for 50 billion dollars for services rendered, payable in oil. Troops will die in battle, always have, always will; but to die because of the indecision of others is both a sin and a crime against our best and brightest. I will continue to communicate with the kids overseas and I will continue to be supportive and upbeat-but it gets harder every day with the constant din of peace loving muslims screaming hatred everyday and our politicians allowing it and our press celebrating it. Thanks for the opportunity to rant!

OLE SARG
08-05-06, 12:01 PM
You said it like it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

rb1651
08-05-06, 04:44 PM
Well said, Marine.

David Jameson
08-16-06, 08:07 AM
I agree ,To my sick ,twisted mind its looks to me like a lot of people on the left are trying very hard to make this another Nam only they are putting it on as fast track Sheen being their anti war movent ect.But more importantly something you said realy hit me .The comment about some off our so called senior staff.A lot of these people will hang their people out to fry if there is even a hint of misconduct.To my way of thinking they do this to protect or enhance their own carreers.As for a withdrawl now ,unless I here a lot of troops and junior officers saying lets book ,then I think we should stay.We can't let our brothers down that gave so much or are not with us to ask. AGAIN --Good point about SOME of our SSENIOR OFFICERS .That ring a bell with anybody ?:iwo: