PDA

View Full Version : Jon Benet Ramsey in Daisy Dukes

fontman
08-04-06, 08:42 AM
Jon Benet Ramsey in Daisy Dukes
By Mike S. Adams
Friday, August 4, 2006

In the nearly ten years since Jon Benet Ramsey's death, I've spent little time pondering the identity of that little girl's murderer. I've known the answer to that question for years. And so have you. But one time several years ago - during the height of the media coverage of the case - I did hear one interesting assertion about the parents of Jon Benet Ramsey; namely, that there was absolutely no evidence they had ever sexually abused their little girl.

When I heard the assertion that there was "absolutely no evidence" of sexual abuse of Jon Benet Ramsey, I immediately recalled a picture of the little girl when she was around the age of four. She was wearing a brightly colored strapless dress that matched her brightly colored lipstick. Her makeup was as heavy as that of any hooker or drag queen in San Francisco.

This begs a fundamental question: Are we sexually abusing our little girls when we dress them up to look like prostitutes? Of course, I would submit that we are.

Fortunately, when the Ramsey case broke it was very unusual to see a couple dressing a small child like a hooker. Unfortunately, today it is commonplace. An episode I witnessed the other day illustrates just how little parents seem to think before allowing their little girls to dress and carry themselves in an entirely-too-adult fashion.

On my daily jog though my neighborhood I ran by the house of a man I know fairly well. His garage door was open and music was blaring out of a jam box inside - in fact, the music was so loud it was barely recognizable. But I could tell the song was "These boots are made for walking," which was popularized by Nancy Sinatra in the 1960s. His two grandchildren were dancing in the driveway to the recent remake of the tune, sung by Jessica Simpson.

As my neighbor's two grandchildren were standing in the driveway - while gyrating their hips like a couple of prostitutes - I noticed they were both wearing cutoff "Daisy Duke" style short and halter tops. The oldest girl looked like she was wearing mascara. She is 11 years old, by the way. Her younger sister is nine.

There is obviously something very wrong psychologically with the parent who actually dresses a four year old girl like a prostitute. There is also something wrong with the parent who allows a nine or even an eleven year old girl to dress herself like one - not to mention carry herself like one, too. It is not cute. It is simply crude and indecent.

But there is more to the equation than bad taste, here. In today's world, people who do not make sure their little girls are dressed like little girls are exposing them to extreme danger.

Shortly after I finished my afternoon jog, I went to one of the numerous websites (http://www.mapsexoffenders.com/) that can be used to locate registered sex offenders. I wanted to know how far those two little girls - the ones dancing like hookers - were from the nearest convicted pedophile. The answer: about 500 yards.

Parents of small children (especially little girls) need to do the following things after finishing this short but important column:

Log on to the internet and find the nearest registered sex offenders in your neighborhood.

Make sure you voice your complaints to local retailers who sell sexually provocative clothes marketed for little girls.

Make a note of the names of the companies that manufacture inappropriate clothing for children next time you see these products. Write them and tell them exactly why you will never, ever buy their products.

Tune in occasionally to The O'Reilly Factor to keep track of Bill's segments on Jessica's law - a measure designed to impose mandatory 25-year sentences on first-time child molesters.

Make sure that your lawmakers know you will not support them unless they support Jessica's Law. In other words, impose a simple ideological litmus test on all of your representatives.

I hope all of my readers will give serious consideration to the advice I have proffered today. Even if you reject some of my specific points, keep my general thesis in mind. Our little girls will be women far sooner than we would like. For the time being we should just let them be little girls.

thedrifter
08-04-06, 08:49 AM
Are we sexually abusing our little girls when we dress them up to look like prostitutes?

My opinion:

YES!
Some parent look at it has cute, but in reality there are some sick folks out in this world that see things differently...

Ellie

GySgtRet
08-04-06, 09:24 AM
My little girl looks so cute in thos daisey dukes. My little girl grewup and is now going to be 20 on October 31st. Born on Okinawa she always felt safe and so did we. After my last tour on Okinawa our daughter got a feeling of security and started to mature a little bit. Well in school of course there is nothing but a fashion show. She wanted to be up to date in fashion and we said NO...!!! Imagine that we starved our daughter of keeping up with other girls. We did not think that dressing like a tramp was appropriate. NO means NO and she soon came to accept our authority. She is in noway damaged by us being parents. She actually survived our parenting.

Osotogary
08-04-06, 09:45 AM
I always thought the roll of a parent was to not only prepare the offsring for adult life but also allow them to be children for as long as possible. Jon Benet didn't have that luxury.

"Some parents look at it as cute, but in reality there are some sick folks out in this world that see things differently..." Amen to that, Ellie.