PDA

View Full Version : Nuestro Himno(Our Anthem)

AVNSUPSGT
08-04-06, 08:05 AM
All,
Just came across this, and wanted to get an overall opinion. There has recently been a version of the National Anthem released, only it has a new spin on it....it's in Spanish. I've read a couple of news sites about it, and I'm really stunned that this is catching on. If you can find it on the net, listen to it and let me know what you think. I've had a couple have talks with some people at work, most of them being Mexican and they are seriously upset over it.
From what I've had translated to me, it's not in proper spanish, but in slang. It's artists include several well-known R&B artists, which might explain the slang.
Anyway, let me know what you think.

The Sgt.
:nerd:

outlaw3179
08-04-06, 08:11 AM
Its crap...it should not be in spanish.

sgtofrifleman
08-04-06, 08:46 AM
:iwo: Why are we changing our Nation to help them, if an American were to go to another country they wouldn't think twice about change there National anything for us. Sorry if you can speak or understand english then....GET OUT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

rktect3j
08-04-06, 08:54 AM
Our National Anthem is sung in English. Period. I don't know what that nonsense is that they are spitting out between their pieholes is but it ain't got nothing to do with America as far as I am concerned. Actually, it should be an arrestable offense.
Why did everybody have a ****fit when Rosanne Bar sung her horrific rendition of it in English but today people think they can do it in another language and its ok? That doesn't make any sense to me.

AVNSUPSGT
08-04-06, 09:01 AM
I agree with you both....however our left-wing buddies would start preaching "thier rights" if we were punish people. But??? Isn't it a crime to deface the Flag, which is a symbol of our Nation? I guess it's okay to tear away at our National Anthem if it will make a couple dollars. This "song" wasn't around prior to the immagration subject being brought up in the White House. My biggest problem is that our radio stations are playing this song, like it's a gimic. These aritst shouldn't be allowed to use thier public image and fame to promote such garbage. I agree with "rktect3j" when he said to learn the language, or leave. Learn to listen to it in our language, or leave it alone.

OLE SARG
08-04-06, 09:02 AM
English Is Our Language Here - And To Hell With The Senator From Texas Who Raised Hell About The Amendment Making English Our Language. If He Don't Like It Let Him Go South, Of The Border That Is. Some People Make Me ****ing Sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially The ****ing Bleeding Hearts!!!!!! When The Sob Dies, He Can Have His Tombstone Engraved In Spanish Until Then Keep Your ****ing Mouth Shut!!!!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi,

Osotogary
08-04-06, 09:30 AM
Perhaps these singers of our National Anthem in Spanish (slang or not) should go to another non spanish speaking country and try singing the host nation's national anthem in spanish and see what happens?