View Full Version : Marine Double Amputee Mugged in Bethesda, MD

bdfairchild
08-04-06, 06:56 AM
These 5 clowns in Bethesda need a serious attitude adjustment.:usmc:

Read the story from the link below.

http://www.local6.com/news/9623442/detail.html

marinegreen
08-04-06, 07:06 AM
Those sorry azzed excuse of human parts, I pray to God that the remainder of there lives are filled with hurt and pain. What nobody seen them getting mugged ? man this just frost my nuts. Just goes to show you that the lil gang bangers have to be in there lil packs to get something and then they have to steal cuz there to fuq'en lazy to get a real job !!! May the Marine Gods wreck havoc on there miserable lives.SF

thedrifter
08-04-06, 07:09 AM
The words I want to use I would have to bleep out, but I beleive you understand....:mad:

Prayers Out for the Marine

Ellie

sgtofrifleman
08-04-06, 07:17 AM
Semper Fi Marine, i hope they are brought to justice, rot in hell muggers

sgt.lane
08-04-06, 04:39 PM
When the cops catch up to them I hope they are Marines!!!!!!!!!!!!

GySgtRet
08-04-06, 04:50 PM
with this Marine. He is indeed back in Buffalo. The D.C police are working on the capture of the punks that attacked them. From what LCpl Beyers told me it wasnt' in Bethesda but along Wiscosin Ave in D.C. He has said that he appreaciates any backup eespecially from Marines and his family. here is his email I am sure he won't mind if I give it to you all. Here is one of his replies to me:
I have a reply from LCpl Beyers and I wanted to share it will all of you:
Gny, thank you for your concern and support. It's nice to know there's a wave of support, especially from fellow Marines. We've been very busy with phone calls and emails from family, friends, media and police so forgive me for the delay on replying to your messages. Semper Fi,
LCpl Mark and Cpl Denise Beyers

dlauck@hotmail.com

Any support is welcomed. Especially by us Marines.

jay2120
08-04-06, 04:54 PM
thats bullsh*t man goes serves his country loses two linbs comes home and they mug him. I pray to God that the officers that grab them are Marines.

GySgtRet
08-04-06, 04:59 PM
efforts of recovery:

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_2503.shtml

I hope the link will work.

outlaw3179
08-04-06, 06:20 PM
Those f*ucking motherf*uckers! God that just completly infuriated me. Motherf*ckers have absolutely no damn respect for anything. I hope that they are found and killed.

MillRatUSMC
08-04-06, 07:14 PM
I don't believe there words enough to voice my anger towards these pieces of human $hit...
But it brings back the lesson, that no place is safe and you always have to be on guard and aware of your surroundings...
We will take care of our own, money will be collected to make up their loss.
We just pray that they won't have something like this take place again.

fontman
08-05-06, 08:02 AM
Wounded Iraq veteran, wife are mugged in D.C.
By Jeff Schogol, Stars and Stripes
Mideast edition, Saturday, August 5, 2006

A Marine who lost his right arm and leg in Iraq said he and his wife had to try to fend off five thugs who mugged them last month in Washington, D.C.

Lance Cpl. Mark Beyers, 27, has been finishing his rehabilitation at Walter Reed Army Medical Center after being wounded by a roadside bomb on Aug. 26, 2005, in Hit, Iraq.

"I got hit in Hit," joked Beyers, a reservist with the 3rd Battalion 25th Marines, based in Buffalo, N.Y.

His wife, Denise, 26, decided to take her husband out to dinner July 22 at a restaurant in northwest Washington. About midnight, the Elma, N.Y., couple was walking back to their car when they came across five men, said Denise Beyers, who recently left the Marine Corps as a corporal.

At first, the men were friendly and asked the couple for cigarettes. Then they told her, "Give me your purse, give me your purse."

Two men went after her and three went after her husband, who was not wearing a prosthetic arm and whose prosthetic leg was clearly visible because he was wearing shorts.

Denise Beyers fought to hold on to her purse, but her attackers grabbed her by the mouth and threw her to the ground. They then dumped the contents of her purse on the ground and took off with $300 to $400 in cash that her mother had wired to her.

While this was going on, the other three men told her husband to take his watch off.

"And he said, 'How the hell do you expect me to take my watch off with one arm?'" she said.

When they tried to grab it from him, he shoved them away, Denise Beyers said.

Mark Beyers was able to deflect his attackers' punches, saying that when you only have one arm, "It gets pretty strong, believe me."

When the attack was over, none of the three men landed a punch against Mark Beyers.

His wife, who suffered cuts and bruises in the attack, said no one came to their aid during the attack.

In a telephone interview Thursday, a manager at the restaurant said he was unaware of the incident.

Denise Beyers said the incident made her irate, "but at the same time, I have to remind myself that it could have been a lot worse, and I'm glad that I was the one to get bruised up instead of my husband, because he's already been through enough pain."

Mark Beyers said he could not believe that anyone would go after someone with only one arm and leg, but he added there are some bad people out there who don't care if you're a veteran.

"If I was in a wheelchair, they still would have done it."

He said the incident makes him worry about the safety of other wounded veterans recuperating in Washington.

Walter Reed spokesman Bill Swisher called the attack the first such incident that he was aware of.

"A 'safe area' is in the eye - or the perception - of the beholder," Swisher said in a Friday e-mail to Stars and Stripes. "Washington, D.C., is one of the 20 largest cities in the United States. We recommend to all of our patients and staff that they exercise the same precautions with regard to their personal safety as they would in any big city."

No arrests had been made in connection with the attack as of Friday, according to Metropolitan Police.

"I don't know if they'll ever catch them or whatever, but we don't want to go through court - we just want to go home," Denise Beyers said.

She said the Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Akron, N.Y., is planning to hold a fundraiser for the couple.

Donations can be made by calling the Alden State Bank at 716-937-3381.

thedrifter
08-05-06, 08:28 AM
Police Probe Robbery of Disabled Veteran, Wife

By Allison Klein and Susan Levine
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, August 5, 2006; B04

D.C. police are investigating the robbery of a disabled Iraq war veteran and his wife who were mugged in Northwest Washington two weeks ago after an evening off base that ended with after-dinner drinks at a restaurant on Wisconsin Avenue.

Mark Beyers, 27, a Marine who lost an arm and a leg in a roadside explosion last year, told authorities that he and his wife, Denise, were walking in the 4300 block of Jenifer Street when five young men approached and knocked Denise to the ground, according to a police report.

The thieves emptied her purse, stole $300 and left, according to the report. It was money her mother had wired to her, the Beyers family said.

Denise Beyers "received minor scratches and bruises," said Inspector Andy Solberg, the acting commander of the 2nd Police District.

The case has attracted nationwide attention since it was first reported by the Buffalo News on Thursday. The Beyerses have received an outpouring of sympathy and some financial donations, including a $1,200 check from Ohev Shalom-The National Synagogue in Shepherd Park.

The Beyerses, who are from New York, are staying at Walter Reed Army Medical Center while Mark Beyers is in rehabilitation for his injuries. The couple, together since high school and married since April, arrived at the hospital in October and may be able to return to their hometown of Elma, N.Y, in a week.

"Hopefully, we're almost done," Denise Beyers said yesterday.

The robbery occurred about 12:30 a.m. July 23, but the couple did not immediately file a police report. After news of the assault spread, D.C. police checked their files. When no record of the attack was found, an investigator called the Beyerses and took a report over the phone, Solberg said.

Denise Beyers, who also served in the Marines, said she and her husband were walking to their car "just down the street" from Chadwicks, the restaurant in Friendship Heights where they had had drinks, when they were mugged.

Mark Beyers was not hurt, said his father, David Beyers, who learned of the incident when his daughter-in-law called him later that day and recounted what had happened.

"I could tell she was really upset," David Beyers said. "It was hard for her to talk."

Yesterday morning, Ohev Shalom's Rabbi Shmuel Herzfeld and several synagogue members presented Denise Beyers with a $1,200 check -- a gesture of concern and help from the congregation.

"It was an attack against a special person in our community, and our community needs to respond," Herzfeld said.

Staff writer Christian Davenport also contributed to this report.

Ellie

recon532002
08-05-06, 10:21 AM
Makes a Marine proud that it took five thugs to take down one marine and his wife. Semper Fi Brother. I know that what goes around comes around and those five will get theirs. God will see to it.
RECON

marinegreen
08-05-06, 10:31 AM
GYRET left us this Brother/sister's email,hope some stepped up to the plate and fired off a support letter. SF

thedrifter
08-05-06, 12:34 PM
An unconscionable mugging <br />
By Michelle Malkin · August 05, 2006 11:55 AM <br />
<br />
&quot;I can't believe someone would mug a guy with one arm, one leg and a woman.&quot; -- Lance Corporal Mark Beyers, interview...

marinegreen
08-05-06, 12:55 PM
I'll be calling Monday, I can spare some to this hero who gave blood, sweat and tears to defend these sorry azz'ed punkes who violated him and his wife. Da*mit the more I read this the more pizzed I get,lets hope the cops give em a few while reading there Miranda rights, You have the right to remain silent~smack~, You have a right to an attorney~smack~, so on and so on,hopefully they wont make it back to the station.