PDA

View Full Version : Conway confirmed as new commandant

thedrifter
08-03-06, 03:12 PM
August 03, 2006
Conway confirmed as new commandant

Times staff

The full Senate confirmed Lt. Gen. James Conway to be the 34th commandant of the Marine Corps last night. Conway, who will also receive a fourth star, will succeed Commandant Gen. Mike Hagee as early as this November, officials have said.

As the commander of I Marine Expeditionary Force in 2003, Conway oversaw troops during the invasion of Iraq and returned the following year to help execute the first battle of Fallujah that April.

Conway, 58, and a 36-year veteran of the Corps, is currently director of operations for the Joint Staff.

http://www.marinetimes.com/content/editorial/editart/080306jconway.JPG

Lt. Gen. James Conway, shown here inspecting firing positions of Marines from Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines in Fallujah, Iraq, in April 2004, is the Corps’ 34th commandant. — M. Scott Mahaskey / Marine Corps Times

Ellie

:flag:

sgtofrifleman
08-03-06, 03:41 PM
Hopefully the new 34th commandant well stand up for the Marines and the Marine Sgt that is going after Murtha

fontman
08-03-06, 05:29 PM
Any new CMC is certainly better than the one still in charge now, along with his no-ballz Sergeant Major! <br />
<br />
:evilgrin:

Ignition
08-08-06, 02:32 AM
off the record
thank F'ing god..... hanging the Pendelton 8 and Cpl Belie (Hadji Girl) out to dry, just showed me our current CMC and SgtMgj decided Political Correctness should overrule being Always Faithful to our own... and these are just small minute problems which i believe hold more insite into their overall view of things

Heres to getting someone with the gall and audacity to do what is right and stand for his Marines

ggyoung
08-08-06, 12:50 PM
Ignition=======Right on

sgt.lane
08-08-06, 04:14 PM
ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:usmc:

jennifer
08-08-06, 08:10 PM
CONGRATULATIONS SIR!!