PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with the Heat

Mike McIntyre
08-03-06, 07:59 AM
I have a serious question for the Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom Vets. If 110F kills in the US, how in the heck do you deal with120F in Iraq? Flack jackets, Hummers, choppers, tents, how do you keep from being overcome?

MIKECHRY
08-03-06, 09:52 AM
The Outstanding Physical Conditioning Of The United States Marine!!! And A Lot Of Water!!

sgtofrifleman
08-03-06, 09:54 AM
The only reason why we can stand the heat.. is becuase the United States Marine Corps is the best and most elite force to handle and problem in the world.

Mike McIntyre
08-03-06, 10:12 AM
No wonder my dad could kick my arse when he was 60. Ya’ll must pyss napalm. The entire country is whining because it is soooo hot, yet you keep us safe while getting shot at and living in Hell on Earth. But still you keep reenlisting. Where is the Media now?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I for one am impressed and thankful.

outlaw3179
08-03-06, 11:28 AM
Being hardasses lol..but of course just pounding water. Youd drink and drink and drink. If were going on a 6 or 7 hours patrol in the hot months Id take 2 camel backs and a bottle of water in a cargo pocket. I was usually dry by the time we got back. Take breaks once an hour and shack up in the shade if at all possible. In reality nothing more than youd expect.

yellowwing
08-03-06, 11:36 AM
Common sense, and one of the things we do best, Watching Out For Each Other.

jryanjack
08-03-06, 11:39 AM
Also - its a dry heat!

10thzodiac
08-03-06, 09:37 PM
I have a serious question for the Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom Vets. If 110F kills in the US, how in the heck do you deal with120F in Iraq? Flack jackets, Hummers, choppers, tents, how do you keep from being overcome?

1 month Mojave desert 29 Palms CA firing 105 howitzers around the clock, cook an egg on your helmet during the day freeze water in it at night. Not to mention flash floods and sand storms. Being 18 helps!

Did you ever see direct howitzer fire with a 105 tracer HEAT round, especially when you go go through the same hole you just punched in armor and they ricochet off the sand into the mountains? Neat!

Been around the world, knocked every trick twice seen everything except the wind.

SF

redneck13
08-04-06, 09:52 AM
Zodiac? The subject is, "how do the troops in Iraq deal with the heat." Not what you did, oh so neat in 29 Palms.

rktect3j
08-04-06, 10:21 AM
I remember the freakin heat over there. Mucho water. All day long. At the end of the day you wondered why you hadn't ****ed anything out. And when you did it was bright yellow. Being young and in excellent shape sure helped me. Plus I had recently come from the Philipines and Okinawa jungles where it was hot and humid. Still it was damm hot over in the ME.

rktect3j
08-04-06, 10:28 AM
Oh yeah, did I mention that if it was 120 out that the water you were drinking was bound to be 100 degrees if you kept it in the shade. Nothing like a nice warm drink of water. mmmmmm. refreshing.

Mike McIntyre
08-04-06, 10:50 AM
Souds like the Brits drinking hot tea in North Africa!

rktect3j
08-04-06, 10:57 AM
That just does not make a whole lot of sense. Caffeine is a diuretic. Makes you pee all the good stuff out. Last thing you need in this extreme environment unless you want to cramp up and dehydrate.
Still, them Brits like their tea.

outlaw3179
08-04-06, 11:03 AM
Yeah i still cant understand how Iraqis whens its 120 outside can sit around and drink Chai. WTF. All I wanted was a cold frosty Bud Light.

10thzodiac
08-04-06, 11:06 AM
[quote=wind'nface]Zodiac? The subject is, "how do the troops in Iraq deal with the heat." Not what you did, oh so neat in 29 Palms

[quote]I have a serious question for the Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom Vets. If 110F kills in the US, how in the heck do you deal with120F in Iraq? Flack jackets, Hummers, choppers, tents, how do you keep from being overcome?

Hey brother Wind, I was merely explaining not just what I did but what the Marines do, they train for HEAT, yes even back in the '60's we were preparing for desert warfare. After all even you would want your troops trained in an environment conducive to where they are going, wouldn't you? Well, I guess someone that was in the Marines long enough would anyways. How long did you say you were in? I Know the questioner didn't know by his question since he was never in the Marines, or maybe he was just pulling our cork patronizing Marines for their friendship?

So sorry, next time I'll bring it down to a level so even the simplest can understand my motives when I answer!
This is just entertainment according to McIntyre :D

See you around the base Wind and relax!

SF:usmc:

If you don't like my style, ignore me like you promised me time and time over again? This only clogs up poor boy's learning curve on this thread...Sheeish!

For everyones information on the heat subject it was much hotter than 120 degrees on a Russian submarine that one of our Navy Destroyer was holding down off Cuba during the missile crisis of '62 and they survived. At 120 degrees you can not put your hand in water at that temperature and hold it there. The Russian Submarine Commander wanted to Nuke the American Destroyer but the Political officer over rode him, thank GOD!

Mike McIntyre
08-04-06, 11:20 AM
That’s what they are missing, a good football game, cheerleaders, that don’t smell like camels, and a nice COLD ONE!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Drifter must be right. They are all just frustrated.

WalkingMan
08-04-06, 12:45 PM

I was with a grunt company (Bravo 1/3) in Viet Nam, and it was amazingly hot over there, plus it was amazingly humid, too.

When I got off the plane and was hit by the heat, I could not imagine how I was going to deal with it, but in a few weeks, I just started getting used to it, and when I rotated back stateside in time for Christmas in Chicago, and stepped off the plane, and got hit by the cold, I could not imagine how I was going to deal with that. :)

The human body adapts.

All this summer, even in this weeks 100 degree temperatures, I was out every day doing my 5 miles, plus 45 minutes of calisthenics, sweating my 57 year old ass off... while a few miles from my house, other people, same age as me, were dropping dead from the heat, and the results, in some cases, of having lived lives that avoided PT, and overindulged in Pogey Bait, and Grease.

Go Figure.

Mike McIntyre
08-04-06, 12:57 PM
I live in N.O. (South Louisiana) and 95-100F is a daily event 5 months out of the year but DUDE, 57 years old, 5 miles (Maybe with a bear chasing me) a day you are a hoss. I can’t hang!

Osotogary
08-04-06, 01:28 PM
WalkingMan,
Do you know Jack LaLanne? (He does stuff like that.) LOL.
Geez, your regimen sounds God forbiding outstanding. Good for you. I remember my Marine son saying that at Camp Lejeune everyday, in any kind of weather, you could see 60 year plus Marines running and PT'ng. He also said that these Marines could probably run circles around a whole host of 20 year olds. I know that you are not 60 yet but, heck, I bet that you might have one of those Marines my son was talking about. Keep up the good work.
Gary

Cpl Malicious
08-04-06, 02:06 PM
I guess I was lucky, I grew up Arizona!

Only complaint we had as a National Guard unit was they never had Mexican Food at the Chow Hall! more Ice Cream then I thought was needed, funny watching the POG units stuffing cone after cone down while they sat there with thier bottom blouse bottons unbottened, nasty pigs. I was amazed how many Soldiers got FAT(er) over there!

10thzodiac
08-04-06, 04:08 PM

For everyones information on the heat subject it was much hotter than 120 degrees on a Russian submarine that one of our Navy Destroyer was holding down off Cuba during the missile crisis of '62 and they survived. At 120 degrees you can not put your hand in water at that temperature and hold it there. The Russian Submarine Commander wanted to Nuke the American Destroyer but the Political officer over rode him, thank GOD!
http://www.std.com/~ecrowley/cpc/QuarCuba.html
During the time the submarine was surfaced, many sailors were topside viewing the prize catch. Sonarman Third Class Nelson spent a lot of time admiring the results of a long two-day endeavor. He noticed how often new sailors kept coming up in the conning tower, to get cooled off in fresh air. It must have been very uncomfortable below. It was disclosed in 2001 that the temperature in some of the compartments reached 150 degrees F. The stress of such conditions and the continuous loud pinging of the Cecil's sonar must have stretched the crew's nerves very thin. Fortunately, their captain wisely avoided attacking Cecil. One Cecil sailor told the possibly apocryphal story that at one time while the submarine was being waved at as Cecil steamed past, one of the Russian sailors waved back. He was hustled right back down into the lower deck, someone didn't welcome that move!

SF

LDO Capt
08-04-06, 04:21 PM
Easy answer training and the best SNCO ranks in the world. Nothing gets by them, if someones hurting they get them fixed ASAP. The last thing I have to say every morning to my MAster Gunz is keep'em hydrated...he takes care of the rest.

redneck13
08-04-06, 04:23 PM
:banana: :D :!: of posting, replying, because it's so humorous.
Attack all you want, don't bother me one bit. And No I decided I needed a good laugh each day, so I removed you from my ignore list...
I can't even fathom how the heat must be in Iraq. I was in 29 Palms also, it was hot, I don't think it got as hot as Iraq. Nam? Well it was hot, humid, and we had to drink lot's of fluid's even when we were in the rear. But like everywhere a person is sent, lives, etc., you adapt, improvise, and overcome. I think our Marines in Iraq have done just that. Now Carry on, YOU GOOD MAGGOTT'S....SF

WalkingMan
08-04-06, 04:47 PM
WalkingMan,
Do you know Jack LaLanne? (He does stuff like that.) LOL.
Geez, your regimen sounds God forbiding outstanding. Good for you. I remember my Marine son saying that at Camp Lejeune everyday, in any kind of weather, you could see 60 year plus Marines running and PT'ng. He also said that these Marines could probably run circles around a whole host of 20 year olds. I know that you are not 60 yet but, heck, I bet that you might have one of those Marines my son was talking about. Keep up the good work.
Gary

I'm in pretty good shape, but I did it just a little bit at a time, over many years, after I had a stroke, when I was around 45 years of age.

Scared the hell out of me, and I was determined to not have another one if I could help it, so I got really serious about my health, and PT was just one part of it, the other parts being, no drinking alcohol, no cigarettes, and eating the 'right stuff'.

I just keep upping the ante, what I can do, a little bit at a time.

I suspect that anyone can do the same, if they set their mind to it.

Of course, being a Marine was a definite plus, because I already had all the 'tools', and the attitude (stubborn like mule), to get the job DONE, once I got started.

10thzodiac
08-04-06, 04:53 PM
:banana: :D :!: of posting, replying, because it's so humorous.
Attack all you want, don't bother me one bit. And No I decided I needed a good laugh each day, so I removed you from my ignore list...
I can't even fathom how the heat must be in Iraq. I was in 29 Palms also, it was hot, I don't think it got as hot as Iraq. Nam? Well it was hot, humid, and we had to drink lot's of fluid's even when we were in the rear. But like everywhere a person is sent, lives, etc., you adapt, improvise, and overcome. I think our Marines in Iraq have done just that. Now Carry on, YOU GOOD MAGGOTT'S....SF

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/29palms.htm

Twentynine Palms, California

Twentynine Palms is the home to the world's largest Marine Corps Base. It is the premier training facility in the world for Marine operations and draws military personnel from all over the world for Combined Arms Exercises.

temperatures occasionally reach 120 degrees in the summer and drop to 15 degrees in winter

SF

10thzodiac
08-04-06, 09:42 PM
The only reason I share my experiences with others is because I like too and maybe it might be of some help to someone.

As far as being a man I don't measure that on how many people you kill for a cause or how many medals you have or where you been and what you done. I have never killed anyone fortunately and obviously no has killed me although there might be some that want too, lol.

I joined the Marines when I was 17 and rationalized that if there was another war it would be with Russia and it wouldn't matter if I was in the Military or not. My hormones would not allow me to join anything less than the United States Marines. I was a body builder at the time and had 18" arms and when I worked out with weights the Olympic 45 pound bar would bend. When fellow recruits were straining to do chin ups with a reverse grip I used a forward false grip and didn't stop with my chin on the top of the bar, but until the bar was below my naval. My DI who took a personal disliking to me and I him once commented as I was doing chin ups in a way what seemed impossible for the average recruit to do, "I knew a show off that almost got his arm broken today". He was talking about me getting canned peaches less the cake at chow that day as we were not to have deserts. He was standing right there at the desert table and I could see that I was pushing the envelope getting the peaches by his expression on his face.

I could have joined the Coast Guard like my classmate Jim Card and possibly become the Vice Commandant of United States Coast Guard like him. No, too much of a man for that, I couldn't see my self in buttons & bows. Is Vice Commandant in the Coast Guard higher than a Corporal in the Marines?

The measure to me that makes me a man is that I raised and supported my children. I have given my son my Corporation and he's doing quite well. My daughter is married to the guy your mother warned you about. Mr. Lame, lazy and Crazy, I refused to go to the wedding and now she is sorry she married him three beautiful grandchildren later. I have given them money and lent them money, that I'll never see again, paying for private schools for their children and paying for the oldest ones orthodontics. What I'm doing now is my manhood nothing else before or after on this earth I did compares too me.

SF

Mike McIntyre
08-05-06, 08:44 AM
Thanks for sharing. You have had some wonderful experiences. I am a bit confused though, before you had painted your family and neighbors with a not so loving of a paint brush.Why don’t you PM me and explain it. I am not too smart as you so eloquently exclaimed earlier. Please, I obviously could use some insight.

10thzodiac
08-05-06, 04:24 PM
Thanks for sharing. You have had some wonderful experiences. I am a bit confused though, before you had painted your family and neighbors with a not so loving of a paint brush.Why don’t you PM me and explain it. I am not too smart as you so eloquently exclaimed earlier. Please, I obviously could use some insight.

That's my business! Privileged information till if and when I decide too explain ...not when you decide... anything of my family or neighbors to you or anyone else.

McIntyre...

"You can sh*t a sh*t bird, but you can't snow the snowman" ~ Marine Proverb

SF Marines

Mike McIntyre
08-07-06, 11:00 AM
Topic was heat. Why are civilians so severely affected yet the Military can function effectively? Even athletes (football players) are dieing of heat exhaustion.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Touchy Cpl Zodiac! It seems that you can bash other people’s family but don’t mess with yours. How does it go, “Can’t we all just get along?” I love ya, MAN!

10thzodiac
08-07-06, 11:24 AM
Topic was heat. Why are civilians so severely affected yet the Military can function effectively? Even athletes (football players) are dieing of heat exhaustion.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Touchy Cpl Zodiac! It seems that you can bash other people’s family but don’t mess with yours. How does it go, “Can’t we all just get along?” I love ya, MAN!

Maybe someday they will make Marines by patronizing them! But one will have to get ones nose up there real good and deep!

Football players that are *dieing of heat are 4-F and should of never been playing in the first place, thats why they have Marine boot camp, to weed out all the non-hackers!

SF Marines

* Subject

Mike McIntyre
08-07-06, 11:51 AM
Back to the topic, I was told by a recruiter that in Boot Camp that they refrain from some training in the extreme heat. Is this so? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Honoring, respecting, or just questioning to some I guess could be patronizing to you. <o:p></o:p>
Oh, I am sorry Zodiac, you are the one who said that my son only wants to go into the Corps because he does not know any better.<o:p></o:p>

10thzodiac
08-07-06, 12:54 PM
Back to the topic, I was told by a recruiter that in Boot Camp that they refrain from some training in the extreme heat. Is this so? <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
Honoring, respecting, or just questioning to some I guess could be patronizing to you. <O:p></O:p>
Oh, I am sorry Zodiac, you are the one who said that my son only wants to go into the Corps because he does not know any better.<O:p></O:p>

Heat: Quote: "Back to the topic, I was told by a recruiter that in Boot Camp that they refrain from some training in the extreme heat. Is this so?"

Answer: I can only speak for the Marine Corps I knew and they never pampered us with the little girls are to hot get them in out of the sun, not in boot camp, Cuba, Panama, Vietnam, Taiwan, Okinawa, and the Mojave Desert, nowhere.

Patronizing: Quote: "Honoring, respecting, or just questioning to some I guess could be patronizing to you."

Answer: That makes good copy to play the crowd, but I know what you are up too!

Because he does not know any better: Quote: "Oh, I am sorry Zodiac, you are the one who said that my son only wants to go into the Corps because he does not know any better."

Answer: What really I said was, without being mis-quoted, " Why do we send our young boys and girls to war, because they do not know any better!" Not, your deliberate mis-quote of me to play the crowd to your ends to discredit me!

McIntyre, it is manifestly not the job of our (or any other nation's) military to "create stability in an unstable world”. It is job of a nation's military to create stability in its own nation, by defending its people and its boundaries — not some nebulous set of ideals euphemistically referred to as the "national interest”. "National interests" that are not defined and circumscribed by God's Law quickly lead to the commission of international crimes. I am glad, of course, that we have a military. But I decry its misuse in enforcing globally "our vision" of what the world should look like. It is because of this rampant misuse of our nation's military that we have counseled our children and grandchildren not to volunteer unless we are attacked — and we declare war against the attackers. (Moreover, even that is no guarantee that they will not be sent into unjust action)<O:p></O:p>
Non-defensive wars are unjust wars, and we should not be fighting them.
Or, as USMC General Smedley Butler (1881-1940 — and no milquetoast pacifist) who once wrote, War is a Racket<O:p></O:p>

10thzodiac
08-07-06, 01:02 PM
I'm out of here, got things to do, be back later...

SF

Mike McIntyre
08-07-06, 01:11 PM
Patronizing: Quote: "Honoring, respecting, or just questioning to some I guess could be patronizing to you."

Answer: That makes good copy to play the crowd, but I know what you are up too!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
You have no idea how I feel about the Corps. You also have no idea how proud I am of my son for even wanting to be a Marine. You also don’t know how much it was “Drilled” into me by my father what a Marine goes through and what a Marine is made of.<o:p></o:p>
You also do not have to be a Marine to appreciate what they have done for this country. There is a reason that the Corps says, “the Few, the Proud”<o:p></o:p>
I may not have been one of the “Few” but I still can be “Proud”. <o:p></o:p>
Where would this country be if ONLY those who served could be proud?<o:p></o:p>
You were one of the “Few” (former never Ex), so why aren’t you “Proud”?

DWG
08-07-06, 01:16 PM
Back to the topic, I was told by a recruiter that in Boot Camp that they refrain from some training in the extreme heat. Is this so? <O:p></O:p>

At Parris Island in the sixties they had different flags denoting the allowable amount of physical training. Green- PT fun for everyone; Red- restricted training depending on where your platoon was in the cycle; Black- No outdoor physical training during certain hours. Regardless of what every Boot knows in his/her heart and what the Drill Instructors swear with every other breath-they don't REALLY want to kill you. Of course, once you are inside "studying the Marine Corps Manual in the cool of the wooden barracks with 80+ other recruits" it don't necessarily go by the rules. If the Drill Instructors are not busy, not bored, tired or not in a bad mood-you may actually stand and study. I have NEVER seen a Drill Instuctor that was too busy, not bored, tired or not in a ****ed off mood-I don't think they could survive the combination. So we usually ended up doing PT in the squadbay until enough people puked to humor the Sgt.s San Diego is a more temperate climate and they may not have had the same rules in place-they do have that cool bay breeze, after all!<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

jennifer
08-07-06, 11:23 PM
We still had some training during red flags... in my opinion, the flag shouldn't really matter. It will only prepare you for the good ol' sandbox, which is waaaay hotter then Parris Island. Out there you will be wearing your cammies, (unless you work with the aircraft) flak jacket, carry your M-16 EVERYWHERE. Heck, it's even worse for the grunts. They wear all kinds of Shi/t!!

jennifer
08-07-06, 11:30 PM
Well, I can answer this from experience. I was over there just last year. All I can say is drink lots and lots of water. Man, I still can't believe how unbelievably hot it gets there. And my little dumabass would go running in the afternoon during red flags, sometimes black. But, I drank A LOT of water and ate right. Your body has to have the required nutrients and lots of water.
And them tens were no joke. I worked day crew so I slept at night, wasn't so bad as sleeping during the day. Now towards the end of deployment I got put on night crew and man, it was so frickin hard to sleep during the day!! It was at least another 10 degrees hotter in the tents. There were sometimes when I didn't get any sleep. But hey, we are Marines, we are trained for this. That is why in boot we should still train under those conditions. I always thought to myslef, this aint so bad, there are many Marines who have been through waaaaay worse then me. ORRRAAH!!

DWG
08-08-06, 07:37 AM
Hey Jennifer; we did Boot at the same time-just 36 years apart. The flag system was necessary to acclimate the Recruits to the weather. Like I said, they really don't want to kill you (hell, they signed for you, like any other piece of equipment and if they lose you they might have to pay for you). We started out PTing in tennis shoes and shorts,then moved into utilities and boots. Salt tablets were required, though now they say they were useless, I ate them like candy and never fell out. I was soaking wet the whole summer I was there but if you didn't sweat you would eventually fall. Even iron men will go down if they don't replenish electrolytes and fluids and trust me, I was no iron man. SF fellow Islander!

10thzodiac
08-08-06, 08:23 AM
You were one of the “Few” (former never Ex), so why aren’t you “Proud”?

Putting misinformation out here about me, where did I say I wasn't proud?

It could be said about wannabes that misinform others for personal gain that they are scumbags. Lower than whale sh*t!

redneck13
08-08-06, 08:27 AM
:flag: :banana: As a former Drill Instructor, I remember those flags. No salt tab's when I was on the field. Also remember the "GRAPES" GOT TO RUN IN TENNY RUNNER'S, DRILL INSTRUCTOR'S?, boots. Yes we had to sign for each recruit, just like a pc of equip. Good memories. Gator aid? That would've been great back then. FYI....Now the Boxing commission will not allow Gator Aid in the corner's of fighter's. Say it's like an Illegal drug enhancement. When the red flag was up, we had to do drill inside the barracks. When I went thru?, my Drill Instructor's?, ha, if they had flags then, it wouldn't matter. I drank plenty of water, because I sweated so badly. And I had a tuff time with heat. What a good reply. Thanks. SF Now carry on you Blessed and Good Maggot's.

redneck13
08-08-06, 08:31 AM
:mad: :evilgrin: :!: Once again the "Alabobba" of "hate", "anger", disrespect has spoken! Would you please just stay on the subject, and quit putting out your "garbage?" Have a nice day. I would say SF, or Marine, but you don't deserve it, you don't rate it. Carry on Maggot.

10thzodiac
08-08-06, 09:10 AM
You a drill instuctor, ROFLOL!!!

outlaw3179
08-08-06, 10:14 AM
Zodiac...with all due respect..your getting just a bit f*cking annoying.

Mike McIntyre
08-08-06, 10:19 AM
Zodiac:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
More believable than Soviet Subs!<o:p></o:p>
Check his profile: Wind n face<o:p></o:p>
Favorite Duty Station:
Drill Instructor San Diego<o:p></o:p>

10thzodiac
08-08-06, 10:26 AM
Zodiac...with all due respect..your getting just a bit f*cking annoying.

With all due respect...****** click it...

Mike McIntyre
08-08-06, 10:29 AM
Impressive!!!!

DWG
08-08-06, 10:30 AM
I'm new here so maybe I'm missing something. I don't understand the hostility over a simple question regarding heat. Also, I don't believe you have to have been a Marine to respect the Corps! Story goes in post-war Japan, the Japs might, or might not, stand for the Star Spangled Banner, would totally ignore the armys' Caissons, but would ALL hop to their feet for the Marine Corps Hymn. Respect born out of fear, maybe, but it was respect none the less. Knowing that the Corps stands for something that they understood was enough to command their attention and admiration. This may have been a Drill Instructor BS story but some BS stories are just too good not to repeat.

10thzodiac
08-08-06, 10:42 AM
Impressive!!!!

Good move McItyre, touché!

Camper51
08-08-06, 10:43 AM
some people just never learn to color betwen the lines, he is one of them...

marinegreen
08-08-06, 10:48 AM
With all due respect...****** click it...

GODDAMMIT ZOD,YOU NEED TO JUST SHUT THE F-U-Q U-P !!! :mad:
UNSEMPER FI TO YOU MUTH'R FUQ'R !!!!

MG:D

marinegreen
08-08-06, 10:57 AM
:flag: :banana: As a former Drill Instructor, I remember those flags. No salt tab's when I was on the field. Also remember the "GRAPES" GOT TO RUN IN TENNY RUNNER'S, DRILL INSTRUCTOR'S?, boots. Yes we had to sign for each recruit, just like a pc of equip. Good memories. Gator aid? That would've been great back then. FYI....Now the Boxing commission will not allow Gator Aid in the corner's of fighter's. Say it's like an Illegal drug enhancement. When the red flag was up, we had to do drill inside the barracks. When I went thru?, my Drill Instructor's?, ha, if they had flags then, it wouldn't matter. I drank plenty of water, because I sweated so badly. And I had a tuff time with heat. What a good reply. Thanks. SF Now carry on you Blessed and Good Maggot's.

Hey Wind, Juzzz what the heck is tennis shoes doing in the Corps? I remember days when SR.Daddy would ask a Jr. Big Brother what color flag wuz out and we would here;BLACK FLAG ! alil bit later we would hear; "GET INTO YOUR PT GEEEEAAARRRRR !! not to many times did we PT in our lil grey pt shorts and white T's, and yeah we sang; KEEP DEM BOOT TOPS ROLL'EN,REALLY HATED RUNNING IN THE SAND IN THEM,kicked arse on the calfs & shins. SF

10thzodiac
08-08-06, 11:21 AM
some people just never learn to color between the lines, he is one of them...

The rest leave allot to be desired. Obviously, I'm not like minded like the majority that post here. Camper you are not a target and no one else really was either in my opinion. It's has been a great learning experience and I'd like to thank everyone here for it. I wish all of you the best as it is time I move on to greener pastures and quit annoying everybody. I tried to be as truthful as I could remember in all my threads & posts. I have only one thing to say before I go: I just hope none of you are wheel chair bound in front of a computer and except for those working in Admin as a clerk (butt of the spear, private joke) on the taxpayers dime, how do you do it, sit in front of a computer all day? I'm tired of it...

P.S. McIntyre, I hope your boy makes it though safely...no fun for a father agonizing as Chesty must have...

As all good 2531's say when they are finished taking, "Over & Out!"

さようなら海兵隊員 :usmc:

10thZodiac

redneck13
08-08-06, 11:30 AM
Do you mean it? "Oh happy days, oh happy days!!" Now real Marine's with real Marine integrity can finally discuss a topic without some interference. Thank you Jesus.

marinegreen
08-08-06, 11:44 AM
Do you mean it? "Oh happy days, oh happy days!!" Now real Marine's with real Marine integrity can finally discuss a topic without some interference. Thank you Jesus.

He had to rattle off that last stupid azzed comment about wheelchair bound Marines:mad: .He doesnt deserve the title of Marine to even post such a comment..:mad:

jinelson
08-08-06, 11:52 AM
I think that this unbecoming behavior should be relegated to the Marines Only forum some of the comments and verbal assualts shouldnt be seen by the public nor the young wannabes and Poolees that idealize you. Just my two cents and opinion.

Osotogary
08-08-06, 11:54 AM
Alot of good communication has to do with the speakers ability to know when or how he or she has said enough to get the point across. How many points constitute enough? That all depends on the listening audience.
To me, this thread should have ended on page one unless, of coarse, there was more input given to answering the question :"...how in the heck do you deal with120F in Iraq? Flack jackets, Hummers, choppers, tents, how do you keep from being overcome?"
There were some very good answers given and for that I personally thank those who contributed.

marinegreen
08-08-06, 11:58 AM
Duely noted and agreed but proof is before yours/mine/theirs eyes that some dont deserve the title of MARINE,and to constantly bash a bro's/sis's comments whether right,wrong or indifferent then they need to take there comments to the chithouse and talk chit there as its where it gets flushed.SF

redneck13
08-08-06, 12:23 PM
This is what I've been saying for months Jim, you're so right. SF
I think that this unbecoming behavior should be relegated to the Marines Only forum some of the comments and verbal assualts shouldnt be seen by the public nor the young wannabes and Poolees that idealize you. Just my two cents and opinion.

marinegreen
08-08-06, 12:49 PM
Now bac to the ? on this post. I remember while stationed at Camp Gieger (N.C.) we were headed to 29 stumps for dessert training, it was chiily there(NC) as was close to winter. We flew for the 5 or 6 hrs then we landed,set up our pup tents in niced rows of corn and then the word comes down that our CO,Capt. Peck was to go for a lil run, 1 mile,no good,2 miles,no good,3 miles,no good,4 miles,guys started dropping like flys,almost looked like a sniper was picking off the company one by one. I'll bet 60 of us made it and me being with in a nats arse of dropping myself.Capt Peck was 1 hell'va Co.CO and that guy could run forever,he was pizzed saying there was no reason why any of us should've dropped out, someone said; "But sir!" we arent even cliamatized yet to which he said,Ahhhh Bullchit, there isnt such a thing.HARD CORE,But one of ther few officers I had the utmost respect for.SF

yellowwing
08-08-06, 12:58 PM
Captain Peck sounds like a good old fashioned Hard Corps Mutha-fukka! Civilians have no idea how hard we try and disdain being a 'run drop'.

Semper Fi

outlaw3179
08-08-06, 01:12 PM
More than that how much you hated the hump drops. Especially after the hump was over and then youd see all the drops get out of the hummers , limping around and stuff. lol...your mean stares couldve killed those guys.

marinegreen
08-08-06, 03:20 PM
Never could figure that one out,how could you drop outta force march,its one foot in front of the other, Blister you say; Bullchit walk on that MF'r until it pops,Yer thirsty you say,bullchit get a pebble to suq on,it'll create saliva, quit guzzling yer water.SOB better have broken a leg to get a ride in a jeep.SF

rktect3j
08-08-06, 03:36 PM
I'll be honest here, I have fallen out of runs before. But I have always finished them on my own and never did the rest of the Marines get out of site. I was never a great runner. My best time was 21 minutes for 3 miles. But damm what the fuq is wrong with some of these guys. There is always that one guy who is so fuqing motivated he wants to run 5 miles at a 6-7 minute pace. Its rediculous. Most of our runs were 5 miles when I was in unless it was a PFT run. Once in a while we would do a 6, 7 or an 8. And only once did we do a 10 although I was told that when I went on leave my company did a 20 but it wasn't required that you finish it. Glad I missed that nightmare.

I have never dropped out of a hump though. Screw that.

outlaw3179
08-08-06, 04:10 PM
Most of the grunts from Horno will remember Recon on the backside of the camp. It just seemed like that little walk would never end. It just kept going and going . Plus all your friggin gear ...wow..that sucked.

rktect3j
08-08-06, 08:35 PM
Damm, don't I feel like the ass. I thought for certain another Marine might own up to falling out of a run at some point. I'm just ass out here ain't I?

jennifer
08-08-06, 09:16 PM
MG: I know this Marine whom broke both his feet during the crucible. OUCH!! He made it up the reaper and down and ended up finishing the crucible. He heard and felt his feet break but he kept on going. Never complained or anything. He was the scribe so he gave himself firewatch the day they returned to the squadbay. Next day he went to medical and they were astonished that he made it that far. This Marine ended up getting dropped, Drill Instructors fought for him to stay but he had to get better before moving on forward. If that's not motivating then I don't know what is.
Never could figure that one out,how could you drop outta force march,its one foot in front of the other, Blister you say; Bullchit walk on that MF'r until it pops,Yer thirsty you say,bullchit get a pebble to suq on,it'll create saliva, quit guzzling yer water.SOB better have broken a leg to get a ride in a jeep.SF

marinegreen
08-08-06, 10:34 PM
Could look at this several way lil Jen, Maybe his pain thresh hold is high,Hardcharger,scared,shock, could be different things,Man I hate to hear that though.They didnt have that crucible during my...

jennifer
08-08-06, 10:45 PM
AND YOU ARE WORNG MG!! haha :p Much love though!! We get the EGA towards the end now. We get it on family day. They have this ceremony and our Drill Instructor's give us our EGA and then off we go to spend the day with out parentals. That is on a Thursday and on Friday we graduate. The only good thing after the crucible, besides it being over, is the warrior's breakfast!! Yummmy!!

marinegreen
08-08-06, 10:52 PM
AND YOU ARE WORNG MG!! haha :p Much love though!! We get the EGA towards the end now. We get it on family day. They have this ceremony and our Drill Instructor's give us our EGA and then off we go to spend the day with out parentals. That is on a Thursday and on Friday we graduate. The only good thing after the crucible, besides it being over, is the warrior's breakfast!! Yummmy!!

You mean they made this guy go 3rd phase all over again ? say it isnt sooo.
And did I not fess up and say I've been wrong,hell I was corrected on my spelling,now this. Ohhh whoa is me,take me away calgone !!!!!!!!!! SF
MG:D