PDA

View Full Version : School Of Infantry (East)

SoonToServe
08-02-06, 10:44 PM
Anyone know where one might be able to find an up to date list of pick up dates for SOI East? I've looked on the website for Camp Geiger but the dates are obsolete. Any help would be appreciated.

jinelson
08-02-06, 11:07 PM
Poolee Melrose as you wont ship to recruit training until August is it safe to assume that you wont graduate until November? If so factor in a 10 day boot leave and when you are home on boot leave get on the internet and check again. Both East and West will refresh their websites on October 1st which is the first day of our governments fiscal year. Im glad to have you onboard Michael and I hope that helps answer your question.

OORAH!!!

Jim

WannabeDevildog
08-03-06, 12:06 AM
How long is Infantry training? The unit I'll probably be assigned to is an infantry unit (Fox 2/23) so I'm just curious.

jinelson
08-03-06, 12:16 AM
This link should answer all your questions!

http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/soi/index.htm

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-03-06, 12:13 PM
2/23 is a reserve unit isn't it? If you are a reservist, you'll know where you're going before you leave for boot. If you're an active duty person, you're not going to the reserve unit.

WannabeDevildog
08-03-06, 04:03 PM
Yeah 2/23 is reserve. It'll either be Fox co. or the 4th LAR (both reserves in Utah)