PDA

View Full Version : Marines: Hand to Hand combat

jrcollege
08-02-06, 10:03 PM
Do Marines learn special fighting skills like seals or could someone please xplain the hand to hand combat training.

wsimkins
08-03-06, 06:35 AM
No we don't learn Hand to Hand, we just flip up our skirts and flash our pee-pee's at the enemy.

Yes, you will learn several ways to kill an enemy withing 1 second. What is there to explain, we are the meanest, nastiest and toughest SOB's that walk the face of the earth.

You can see more at Marines.com. I think some the Poolees here have better links. I know SSGT Nelson does. I just had to pick on you for the question. :)

Welcome aboard Josh.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Simkins

J-Ro
08-03-06, 10:29 AM
Do Marines learn special fighting skills like seals or could someone please xplain the hand to hand combat training.

Yep, we have what's called MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) you'll get taught Tan belt in Boot Camp and then I'm pretty sure advancement in the belts is Mandoratory up to at least Green Belt as you pick up Rank. But as a NEW MARINE! you should be eagar to learn regardless of your status. One thing about Marines is they are competive so naturally you'll want take advantage of any training offered. The way it goes is: Tan Belt, Gray Belt, Green Belt, Brown Belt and Black Belt are training is a mix of different disciplines in Martial Arts.

One Mind, any Weapon :evilgrin:

Marine84
08-03-06, 11:18 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry..................

J-Ro
08-03-06, 12:28 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry..................

?

Marine84
08-03-06, 01:43 PM
I just thought it was a funny question J-Ro - what did this kid think? That the Corps hands you an M16 and puts you through months of training for what? We all got taught special skills of some sort - did you not?

jrcollege
08-03-06, 02:04 PM
I knew you guys learned something, but I like martial arts and that helps me want to join even more!

THANKS MARINES!

wsimkins
08-03-06, 07:58 PM
I still like the skirts and Pee-Pees. Sh*t pass me a beer.

jarhead57
08-03-06, 09:15 PM
hummmm, lock and load.... bayonet, knife, etc. back in the 70's we just loved our enemies to death.

J-Ro
08-03-06, 11:04 PM
I just thought it was a funny question J-Ro - what did this kid think? That the Corps hands you an M16 and puts you through months of training for what? We all got taught special skills of some sort - did you not?

"O-Yeah..." it was a funny Question "wtf" were Marines!!!

rktect3j
08-04-06, 12:50 PM
Yes, Marines learn special fighting skills like the seals. We call it boot camp. From that point on we really learn how to do it better.

Marine84
08-04-06, 06:09 PM
lol

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-05-06, 01:24 AM
We don't learn anything "like the seals". I was never taught to bounce a red ball on my nose. Nobody ever instructed me on the best way to clap after getting a raw fish. And I'm still not scared of sharks.

But, the Marine Corps does teach the MCMAP program now. It didn't exist when I was around (I left just before it became the new thing) so I learned the old LINE system, which wasn't bad itself. Now, I just wish that some instructor would get out and open a Dojo around here teaching MCMAP to those of us that would like to learn.

jbrocatomarine
08-13-06, 07:33 PM
Yes jrcollege,

As a Licensed Knife Dealer and Former Marine,and Viet Nam Vet, you recieve the best training in the world, send me your address and I'll send you a 2 Disc DVD on Knife Fighting. Or you can just lift your skirt and show your Enemy your Pee Pee,he will Laugh himself to Death,then you can Stick Him.

Ignition
08-14-06, 01:15 AM
bash em in the head with an etool baby!

Marine84
08-14-06, 09:26 AM
Rotflmao!

marinegreen
08-14-06, 12:54 PM
Rotflmao!

Dammit kim ! you keep roll'en around on the floor I' m just gonna end up taken some:p ,:scared: Bad MG,bad,bad,bad, did I just say that !!
SF

Mustang70
08-14-06, 07:38 PM
My favorite was a bootsock with a bunch of old collar chevrons in it. Worked on my drunk roomate in the Barracks when I first got in. Make it a DIRTY bootsock too!

sgt vaughan
09-15-07, 11:57 AM
its all in ur head, marines hand to hand combat is more then anything:iwo:

BR34
09-15-07, 01:49 PM
We don't learn anything "like the seals". I was never taught to bounce a red ball on my nose. Nobody ever instructed me on the best way to clap after getting a raw fish. And I'm still not scared of sharks.

But, the Marine Corps does teach the MCMAP program now. It didn't exist when I was around (I left just before it became the new thing) so I learned the old LINE system, which wasn't bad itself. Now, I just wish that some instructor would get out and open a Dojo around here teaching MCMAP to those of us that would like to learn.

You're not scared of sharks?!?

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-15-07, 02:07 PM
Nope, I've spent plenty of time in the ocean from Florida to Washington- never have had any problems with sharks.

BWW
10-10-07, 10:24 AM
Yes jrcollege,

As a Licensed Knife Dealer and Former Marine,and Viet Nam Vet, you recieve the best training in the world, send me your address and I'll send you a 2 Disc DVD on Knife Fighting. Or you can just lift your skirt and show your Enemy your Pee Pee,he will Laugh himself to Death,then you can Stick Him.
Hello fellow Leathernecks. I'm a new member here. I too was in the
Marine Corps when the LINE methods were being taught. Martial Arts,
both civillian and military, have come a long way since the. Many
people have come to be less dogmatic about their "style" being the
best and have learned to incorporate a little bit of the best of
everything.

I wish MCMAP would have been around when I was. I have the manual for
it, but would love to get my hands on a DVD (or DVD's). I saw on
usmc.mil that one is in the works (may even be done by now) but I
don't know if Marines no longer on active duty will be able to
purchase them.

jbrocatomarine, You mentioned to jrcollege that, if he sends you his
name and address, you could send him a two-disc DVD set on knife
fighting. Was that an open invitation, or just for jrcollege? I have
studied many martial arts since leaving the Marine Corps, but have
only recently (as I get older) become aware of the need for more
efficient, effective techniques and training. I try to keep in shape
by working out at a Crossift (http://www.crossfit.com) facility, but I
just can't move like I could back in my days in the Corps.

Thanks.

Billy

LeonardLawrence
10-10-07, 10:00 PM
bash em in the head with an etool baby!

Your enemy or the seal?? I am soo confused. I am a lover, not a fighter!:D

terryking9
04-05-08, 05:36 PM
No. We don't have to fight, as long as our reputation gets there before we do...

SlingerDun
04-05-08, 06:18 PM
I recall about a 1/2 day in boot camp where the hand to hand instructors tried to teach us basic Judo hip heist throws and something like a French twist, leg sweeps etc...next day was rifle and bayonet techniques followed by pugil sticks, that was it. Pops mentioned it was similar at OCS Quantico in 55'.

To get the hang of something- say a take down- most people need to drill a few hundred. At that point many can explode and get after it but still have to think about form and technique. For a body shot to become instinctual, committed to muscle and mind memory a habitual motor action like walking or riding a bike it needs to be drilled in all its variables and also executed 'live' 1000's of times. Dan Gable mentioned somewhere around 100k double legs and your a master, unfortunately the knees quit you about the time you got it figured out.

--->Dave

SGT7477
04-05-08, 06:22 PM
We can be your best friend or your worst enemy, special fighting skills yup for over 200 years.:evilgrin:

chili77bowl
04-05-08, 08:25 PM
Tan belt: just enough to get your ass kicked.

terryking9
04-05-08, 10:16 PM
Yeah, that's they way they did us when I was PI in 79 - a half day of it and I was training for the Battalion Filed Meet that day.

outlaw3179
04-05-08, 10:38 PM
Tan belt: just enough to get your ass kicked.

lol..true.

terryking9
04-05-08, 11:54 PM
I hear this MCAP stuff they teach now is really super deadly. I wouldn't mind learning it. It might come in handy especially since I can't get around very well any more.

chili77bowl
04-06-08, 11:30 AM
I have a 1st degree black sash in kung-fu, so not like I really NEED to do MCMAP, but some of the things it teaches is somewhat useful...
I personally believe that they spend too much time on the ground fighting portion...Most instructors I know are BIG TIME into the Mixed Martial Arts...

I know that most street fights end on the ground, but in combat, which is what we train for, if I happen to end up on the ground, I'm sure the dude I'm grapplin' has a few buddies that wouldn't mind kickin' the sh*t outta my head...

besides, as my father was told when he learned hand to hand in Army boot camp back in the 70's....If you get close enough to use it, it's your own damn fault.

SlingerDun
04-06-08, 07:21 PM
Dear Chili,

I don't much like running anymore and don't carry a shooter, so if an attacker Kung Fu's me what can i do besides bum rush him and take it to the deck for some ground and pound?

Thanks,

--->Dave

FistFu68
04-06-08, 07:36 PM
:evilgrin: USE THAT HOOF PIC-YOU GOT,FOR CLEANING TURF AND DUNG OUTTA THEM HOOF'S AND OPEN HIM UP FROM AZZ-HOLE TOO BELLY BUTTON!!!:scared: :iwo:

Zulu 36
04-06-08, 08:12 PM
I have a 1st degree black sash in kung-fu, so not like I really NEED to do MCMAP, but some of the things it teaches is somewhat useful...
I personally believe that they spend too much time on the ground fighting portion...Most instructors I know are BIG TIME into the Mixed Martial Arts...

I know that most street fights end on the ground, but in combat, which is what we train for, if I happen to end up on the ground, I'm sure the dude I'm grapplin' has a few buddies that wouldn't mind kickin' the sh*t outta my head...

besides, as my father was told when he learned hand to hand in Army boot camp back in the 70's....If you get close enough to use it, it's your own damn fault.

Combat hand fighting isn't much different than street fighting. Fights almost always end up on the ground. 90% of the time gravity wins that part of the fight.

Hopefully you'll be fighting the only idiot around, or his buddies will be busy with other Marines. Other than that, kill him fast and either get outta Dodge, or go kill another one (also fast).

Remember, most Marines do not have a big background in any martial art. Teaching ground fighting is easier than fancy kicks or punches. If you're good enough to kick a field goal with the guy's head, go for it, but not everyone can do that. Since you're probably going to end up on the ground anyway, you might as well go to the ground on your terms.

I taught defensive tactics to cops and police recruits for years. If the situation went to blows, it was going to end on the ground intentionally. Either the dirtbag was arm-barred down, batoned, angle kicked, kneed, stunned, tasered, swarmed, or sprayed (or shot). Eventually that fight was on the ground for handcuffing.

chili77bowl
04-09-08, 11:56 PM
I understand that it WILL go to the ground, but the way I have seen most instructors teach it was with MMA in mind...like we're all out to be UFC fighters....I don't know...maybe I am wrong.
Regardless, as a Non-Lethal weapons instructor I hardly ever go without my OC spray...even in uniform it's not too far away.

SlingerDun
04-11-08, 07:16 PM
The spray i bought for the mountains apparently shoots about an eight foot cone of orange colored pepper extracts some 30 feet. It was 50 dollars plus shipping and i'm to cheap to practice so i've never tried it but apparently it will seriously foul a bear or cats olfactory senses and could temporarily take out a fire team hehehehehttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif Has anyone tried it???

---> Dave

Zulu 36
04-12-08, 08:34 AM
The spray i bought for the mountains apparently shoots about an eight foot cone of orange colored pepper extracts some 30 feet. It was 50 dollars plus shipping and i'm to cheap to practice so i've never tried it but apparently it will seriously foul a bear or cats olfactory senses and could temporarily take out a fire team hehehehehttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif Has anyone tried it???

---> Dave

That bear spray is usually about 10% OC. It doesn't mess up their sense of smell, but just like with people, it burns the eyes and other membranes. Very disturbing. As you know with animals, they will usually try to escape a painful experience. Of course, the important word is "usually." A determined momma bear with cubs may keep coming, 10% OC or not.

Police and the military are intentionally exposed to OC products during MCMAP or other defensive tactics courses in order to teach them how to fight through the effects. Admittedly, most OC concentrations used on humans are 5% or less. But an experienced and determined (or mentally ill) human may still be able to fight the effects of a 10% OC.

There have been many tests on the effect of OC on a K-9's olfactory capbabilities. A trained K-9 will still accurately track a target, or find dope/explosives despite OC exposure. They can still sort out the pepper smell from what they are tracking. K-9 teams are now also regularly trained with OC exposure as part of their training.

LeonardLawrence
04-12-08, 09:16 AM

Special fighting skills? Why is that everyone thinks some mammal that can juggle a ball on his nose has some special skills???

What about verbally abusing your opponent. ;)

Seriously if you are interested in checking out some video, you can go to You tube and type in Marine Corps Martial Arts Program. Use good judgement and you can filter out the junk. Good stuff.

Keith Warron
07-13-08, 09:56 PM
The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP) is a combat system developed by the United States Marine Corps to combine existing and new hand-to-hand and close quarters combat (CQC) techniques with morale and team-building functions and instruction in what the Marine Corps calls the "Warrior Ethos".[1] The program, which began in 2001, trains Marines (and U.S. Navy personnel attached to Marine Units) in unarmed combat, edged weapons, weapons of opportunity, and rifle and bayonet techniques. It also stresses mental and character development, including the responsible use of force, leadership, and teamwork. The MCMAP has several nicknames, including "semper fu", MCSlap, and "new bushido". In speech, the acronym is often pronounced "mick-map."

The program uses an advancement system of colored belts similar to that of most martial arts. The different levels of belts are:

Tan belt, the lowest color belt and conducted during entry level training, signifies the basic understanding of the mental, physical, and character disciplines. It is the minimum requirement of all Marines with a training time of 27.5 hours and has no prerequisites. Recruits receive these belts after completion of a practical application test on all of the basic techniques of the Tan Belt.
Gray belt is the second belt attained after 46 hours of training. It signifies an intermediate understanding of the basic disciplines. The prerequisites for this belt are as follows: The Marine must complete Fundamentals of Marine Corps Leadership MCI, and most instructors will require a report be completed on The Marine Raiders.
Green belt is the third belt, requiring 54.9 hours of training. This belt signifies understanding of the intermediate fundamentals of the different disciplines. This is the first belt level in which one can be a MAI (Martial Arts Instructor) and can teach tan through green techniques with the power to award the appropriate belt. The prerequisites for this belt include a recommendation from reporting senior, and to be an instructor requires the Marine to be a Lance Corporal or higher.
Brown Belt is the fourth belt level requiring 64.9 hours of training. It introduces Marines to the advanced fundamentals of each discipline. In addition, as with green belts, they may be certified as MAIs and teach tan through green techniques. Prerequisites for this belt include recommendation of reporting senior, rank of Corporal or higher (able to waiver to LCpl), and appropriate PMEs completed for rank (Such as Corporal's Course).
Black belt 1st degree is the highest belt color and requires 71.5 hours of supervised training. It signifies knowledge of the advanced fundamentals of the different disciplines. A 1st degree black belt may teach fundamentals from tan to brown belt, and a MAI may award the appropriate belt. In addition, they can also be a MAIT (Martial arts Instructor Trainer) which authorizes them to teach tan through black belt 1st degree and award the appropriate belt. Prerequisites include recommendation of reporting senior, rank of Sergeant or above, and appropriate level of PME completed (Such as Sergeant's Course.)

There are an additional 5 degrees of black belt, with several of the same common prerequisites, including recommendation of reporting senior, appropriate level of PME completed, must be a current MAIT. Black belt 2nd degree to 6th degree signify that the holder is an authority in the Marine Corps Martial arts Program. In addition to the above prerequisite, each belt also has its own rank requirements.

Black belt 2nd degree requires the rank of Sgt or above.
Black belt 3rd degree requires the rank of SSgt or above.
Black belt 4th degree requires the rank of GySgt for enlisted and Major or higher for officers.
Black belt 5th degree requires the rank of MSgt/1stSgt for enlisted and Major or higher for officers.
Black belt 6th degree requires the rank of MGySgt/SgtMaj for enlisted and LtCol or higher for officers.

The techniques used by MCMAP vary in degrees of lethality, allowing the user to select the most appropriate (usually the least) amount of force. For example, a Marine facing a nonviolent but noncompliant subject can use an unarmed restraint to force compliance with minimal damage and pain. A more aggressive subject could be met with a choke, hold, or a strike. Lethal force can be used on a subject as a last resort. The majority of techniques can be defensive or offensive in use, with or without a weapon; allowing Marines flexibility in combat and operations other than war (such as civil control or humanitarian missions, as well as self-defense). An instructor can augment the circumstances of training to better fit the unit's mission, such as military police practicing after being exposed to pepper spray.

The tan belt syllabus focuses on the development of the basics of armed and unarmed combat. Students start with the Basic Warrior Stance and break-falls are taught for safety, then move to:

basic punches, uppercuts, and hooks
basic upper-body strikes, including the eye gouge, hammer fists, and elbow strikes
basic lower-body strikes, including kicks, knee strikes, and stomps
bayonet techniques
basic chokes and throws
counters to strikes, chokes, and holds
basic unarmed restraints and armed manipulations
basic knife techniques
basic weapons of opportunity

Students must prove proficiency with 80% of 50 techniques to pass and earn their belt. The tan belt syllabus is part of The Basic School and recruit training curriculum.

The gray belt syllabus expands on the basic techniques with:

intermediate bayonet techniques
intermediate upper-body strikes including knife-hands (karate chops) and elbow strikes
intermediate lower-body strikes including kicks, knee strikes, and stomps
intermediate chokes and throws
intermediate unarmed restraints and armed manipulations
intermediate knife techniques
basic ground fighting
basic nonlethal baton techniques
intermediate weapons of opportunity

The Green belt technique shifts focus from defensive to offensive techniques with:

muscle gouging
counters to strikes
intermediate unarmed manipulation
intermediate ground fighting
intermediate nonlethal baton techniques
advanced weapons of opportunity

Brown belt:

advanced bayonet techniques
advanced ground fighting and chokes
advanced throws
unarmed vs. hand held weapons
firearm retention
firearm disarmament
advanced knife techniques
advanced nonlethal baton techniques

1st Degree Black:

advanced chokes, holds, and throws
advanced ground fighting
basic counter firearm techniques
advanced upper-body strikes, including strikes and smashes
pressure points
improvised weapons

2nd Degree black:

rifle vs. rifle
short weapon vs. rifle
unarmed vs. rifle

thewookie
07-13-08, 10:25 PM
The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP) is a combat system developed by the United States Marine Corps to combine existing and new hand-to-hand and close quarters combat (CQC) techniques with morale and team-building functions and instruction in what the Marine Corps calls the "Warrior Ethos".[1] The program, which began in 2001, trains Marines (and U.S. Navy personnel attached to Marine Units) in unarmed combat, edged weapons, weapons of opportunity, and rifle and bayonet techniques. It also stresses mental and character development, including the responsible use of force, leadership, and teamwork. The MCMAP has several nicknames, including "semper fu", MCSlap, and "new bushido". In speech, the acronym is often pronounced "mick-map."

The program uses an advancement system of colored belts similar to that of most martial arts. The different levels of belts are:

Tan belt, the lowest color belt and conducted during entry level training, signifies the basic understanding of the mental, physical, and character disciplines. It is the minimum requirement of all Marines with a training time of 27.5 hours and has no prerequisites. Recruits receive these belts after completion of a practical application test on all of the basic techniques of the Tan Belt.
Gray belt is the second belt attained after 46 hours of training. It signifies an intermediate understanding of the basic disciplines. The prerequisites for this belt are as follows: The Marine must complete Fundamentals of Marine Corps Leadership MCI, and most instructors will require a report be completed on The Marine Raiders.
Green belt is the third belt, requiring 54.9 hours of training. This belt signifies understanding of the intermediate fundamentals of the different disciplines. This is the first belt level in which one can be a MAI (Martial Arts Instructor) and can teach tan through green techniques with the power to award the appropriate belt. The prerequisites for this belt include a recommendation from reporting senior, and to be an instructor requires the Marine to be a Lance Corporal or higher.
Brown Belt is the fourth belt level requiring 64.9 hours of training. It introduces Marines to the advanced fundamentals of each discipline. In addition, as with green belts, they may be certified as MAIs and teach tan through green techniques. Prerequisites for this belt include recommendation of reporting senior, rank of Corporal or higher (able to waiver to LCpl), and appropriate PMEs completed for rank (Such as Corporal's Course).
Black belt 1st degree is the highest belt color and requires 71.5 hours of supervised training. It signifies knowledge of the advanced fundamentals of the different disciplines. A 1st degree black belt may teach fundamentals from tan to brown belt, and a MAI may award the appropriate belt. In addition, they can also be a MAIT (Martial arts Instructor Trainer) which authorizes them to teach tan through black belt 1st degree and award the appropriate belt. Prerequisites include recommendation of reporting senior, rank of Sergeant or above, and appropriate level of PME completed (Such as Sergeant's Course.)
There are an additional 5 degrees of black belt, with several of the same common prerequisites, including recommendation of reporting senior, appropriate level of PME completed, must be a current MAIT. Black belt 2nd degree to 6th degree signify that the holder is an authority in the Marine Corps Martial arts Program. In addition to the above prerequisite, each belt also has its own rank requirements.

Black belt 2nd degree requires the rank of Sgt or above.
Black belt 3rd degree requires the rank of SSgt or above.
Black belt 4th degree requires the rank of GySgt for enlisted and Major or higher for officers.
Black belt 5th degree requires the rank of MSgt/1stSgt for enlisted and Major or higher for officers.
Black belt 6th degree requires the rank of MGySgt/SgtMaj for enlisted and LtCol or higher for officers.
The techniques used by MCMAP vary in degrees of lethality, allowing the user to select the most appropriate (usually the least) amount of force. For example, a Marine facing a nonviolent but noncompliant subject can use an unarmed restraint to force compliance with minimal damage and pain. A more aggressive subject could be met with a choke, hold, or a strike. Lethal force can be used on a subject as a last resort. The majority of techniques can be defensive or offensive in use, with or without a weapon; allowing Marines flexibility in combat and operations other than war (such as civil control or humanitarian missions, as well as self-defense). An instructor can augment the circumstances of training to better fit the unit's mission, such as military police practicing after being exposed to pepper spray.

The tan belt syllabus focuses on the development of the basics of armed and unarmed combat. Students start with the Basic Warrior Stance and break-falls are taught for safety, then move to:

basic punches, uppercuts, and hooks
basic upper-body strikes, including the eye gouge, hammer fists, and elbow strikes
basic lower-body strikes, including kicks, knee strikes, and stomps
bayonet techniques
basic chokes and throws
basic unarmed restraints and armed manipulations
basic knife techniques
basic weapons of opportunity
Students must prove proficiency with 80% of 50 techniques to pass and earn their belt. The tan belt syllabus is part of The Basic School and recruit training curriculum.

The gray belt syllabus expands on the basic techniques with:

intermediate upper-body strikes including knife-hands (karate chops) and elbow strikes
intermediate lower-body strikes including kicks, knee strikes, and stomps
intermediate unarmed restraints and armed manipulations
intermediate knife techniques
basic ground fighting
basic nonlethal baton techniques
intermediate weapons of opportunity
The Green belt technique shifts focus from defensive to offensive techniques with:

muscle gouging
counters to strikes
intermediate unarmed manipulation
intermediate ground fighting
intermediate nonlethal baton techniques
advanced weapons of opportunity
Brown belt:

advanced ground fighting and chokes
advanced throws
unarmed vs. hand held weapons
firearm retention
firearm disarmament
advanced nonlethal baton techniques
1st Degree Black:

advanced chokes, holds, and throws
advanced ground fighting
basic counter firearm techniques
advanced upper-body strikes, including strikes and smashes
pressure points
improvised weapons
2nd Degree black:

rifle vs. rifle
short weapon vs. rifle
unarmed vs. rifle

Pardon me, Sir, but can you fix your profile? You have listed yourself as an E-1, which I am sure is a mistake, or you are some bozo;)

Nice job of using cut and paste though...

A light bird in twelve years....

Carry on

Keith Warron
07-14-08, 12:50 AM
My fault there, Sergeant. I'm not too fantastic with computers. My Lieutenant told me about this site, so I just decided to take a look. I'm still getting used to using the settings and wot not, so bear with me mate.

Yes, thanks. It's amazing how much information on the Marine Corps (or any military organization) is on Wikipeidia. Sometimes I wonder who writes it?

thewookie
07-14-08, 06:14 AM
My fault there, Sergeant. I'm not too fantastic with computers. My Lieutenant told me about this site, so I just decided to take a look. I'm still getting used to using the settings and wot not, so bear with me mate.

Yes, thanks. It's amazing how much information on the Marine Corps (or any military organization) is on Wikipeidia. Sometimes I wonder who writes it?

Thank you, Sir. Welcome aboard.:thumbup:

And thank you for your service!

Don't mean to hijack the thread but being in the 02 field and being in DC, do you know a Capt. Pidgeon?

SlingerDun
07-14-08, 04:43 PM
My Lieutenant told me about this site"Your Lieutenant" Where do you get them, and do they work?

Keith Warron
07-14-08, 05:47 PM
I don't want to get of topic too much, but:
I'm basically a supervising weapons and tactics instructor / intelligence officer. However, my lieutenants are just subordinates who probably do the actual instructing, whilst I just oversee their duties and complete paperwork to ensure the smooth running of the day. I occasionally might correct their methods of working, and etc... etc.
My lieutenants come from the OCS, and based on their qualifications, preferences with the recruitment agency and wot not, they are posted to various battalions. These lieutenants are mostly people who specialize in the intelligence field.

SlingerDun
07-14-08, 06:14 PM
oh ok so your Lieutenants probably do the actual instructing while you oversee them probably instructing, cool

SlingerDun
07-14-08, 08:08 PM
A trained K-9 will still accurately track a target, or find dope/explosives despite OC exposureCool Hand Luke spread cummin and pepper on the ground to foul the bloodhounds, it worked! hehe Hollywood...Still haven't sampled that bear spray but found myself wishing i had carried it the other day following fresh cougar sign on Pepper Mountain, or was it following me???

TheHobo
08-02-08, 03:43 PM
I am wondering if anyone knows of any sites that would have the combative moves for grey belt and higher. I am currently a Grey belt and on deployment. I plan on getting to Black belt but I do not have the Grey belt moves with me. I am wondering if anyone might know of any sites that have the new moves since they change about every couple of years.

Simper I :P

Self improvement