PDA

View Full Version : getting weight down

ckkinders
08-02-06, 08:16 PM
Hey there...I am trying to get my weight down to at least 175 before my swear-in August 15th. My scale said 183 this morning. I am already running and exercising hard for about 4 hours a day, and staying under 1500 calories...I think I have to be down to 177...it's really weird because I always get measured at either 5'10 or 5'11...so I don't really know how tall I am....any ideas on droppping weight fast??? Thanks

Barret
08-02-06, 08:26 PM
DO NOT Overtrain, Whatever you do. By now, I think you should be taking it pretty easy when it comes this close to shipping out. Not sitting around, but seriously, if you work out, just go walking a few miles a day. It would be pretty bad if you get an injury 2 days before you ship.

ckkinders
08-02-06, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear-I'm not shipping out until January, I am just swearing in August 15th and I have my first medical exam. So I just need my weight down....I'm actually in pretty good shape, but I just weight too much

hawks
08-02-06, 08:32 PM
your not eating enough, your body is holding on to every calorie since you are working out hard for 4 hours a day. eat 2500 calories and work out for 4 hours, or eat 2000 and just run and lift and that. play some round ball at the gym, that will make you lose weiight

Barret
08-02-06, 08:32 PM
Whoops! Sorry, man, Kind of skipped the part that says "Swearing in":bunny:

If you eat right and train right, you should be losing about 2-3 pounds a week, which adds up. You'll definetly be able to lose enough weight to meet your goal.

Do you have a treadmill, or a long road you know the distance of?

1895A
08-02-06, 08:35 PM
Dont go less than 1500 calories, youre depleting your body of nutrients that it does need to survive and by doing that your making harder for you to lose the necessary weight becuase your body goes into distress mode, youll be lucky to lose the water weight

ckkinders
08-02-06, 08:36 PM
Yeah I run outside...at least 3mi and I go to the YMCA to run on the treadmill sometimes. It's just frustrating, because these last 6 pounds will not come off!!!

Poskew
08-02-06, 08:43 PM
Hey buddy I lost 70 pounds in 5 months just to swear in.. Now if you have discipline which I know you do then u can follow this diet.. 5 total carbs a day and a gallon of water a day. Now excersises is as you expect running and lifting weights. But follow that extreme low carb diet and you will loose that weight in no time.

ckkinders
08-02-06, 09:03 PM
Wow that is a lot of weight in a short amount of time Poskew...good job! So you think it is about low-carb, not low calorie? Does anyone think otherwise?

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-03-06, 12:34 PM
To enlist in the DEP:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejoin/l/blintweightmale.htm

To ship and once in the USMC
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blweightmale.htm

Looks to me like you're OK.

hawks
08-03-06, 04:55 PM
dont go on low calorie carb/fat diets. dont. you need carbs for energy. keep your total calories about the same as your totla maintenance level. There is an equation for it somewhere, then what ever you do is all burned off.

ckkinders
08-12-06, 08:55 AM
Hey guys, thank you for all your advice, I swore-in yesterday and my weight was good! My shipdate was moved up to October 23rd and my MOS is Supply and Accounting...yay. Anyways...thanks for the support!!!

Lithium
08-12-06, 02:47 PM
Drink LOTS of water!!! Run everywhere you can...When doing IST run or a timed run, remember that the faster your run, the sooner you're done!

Skyywalker
08-15-06, 05:00 PM
a quick way to lose to enlist is to go to a gym and run on an elliptical bike and sit in a sahna ( dont know about spelling) do the for about an hour or two every day. it wont stay off long because it is just water weight but it will stay off long enough to enlist. then once you enlist you should have enough time work it off.