PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Pool(ee) Chat?

JWG
08-01-06, 09:43 PM
Hey Brothers and Sisters:

I was thinking just now.. I know there is a Chat Room built in for Leatherneck.. and there is ALSO a seperate chat room channel just for us Poolee's and Wannabe's.

How about, we set a time.. for once a week, for us all to gather and motivate each other.. give live tips.. and just some R&R for fellow Wannabe's and Pool(ee)'s?

I think it's a good idea, and a MOTIVATING one too! Anyone else for this? :evilgrin:

Motivated and Waiting,

-Jon :iwo::flag:

jm4magic
08-01-06, 10:44 PM
I think its a great idea, but it will be dificult to find the best time. what about Mondays, becuase thats usually when poolee's want to talk about their last poolee function which is usually a Saturday or Sunday. lets say from 1500 hours till 1900 hours?

Jsphsl4204
08-01-06, 10:59 PM
It's a great idea, but having an assigned time for it would be an impossibly difficult task. I'm sure the base of the idea would work, but the idea itself might not.

WannabeDevildog
08-02-06, 12:47 AM
I'm with ya all the way, sounds like a great idea. It'll be hard working it around schedules though.

JWG
08-02-06, 06:32 AM
Yes, another thing to consider:

-- School (there is a curfew for us during School Year)

This CAN be done.. just will take some EFFORT.

Before we go on, I'd like to see what SSgt Jim Nelson has to think..

--

SSgt. Jim Nelson,

If we are to do this weekly Chat for Poolee's and Wannabe's.. I'd like to have your permission and approval, as well as having you attend the Chat sessions, as well, since you are our Squad Leader, SSgt.

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

jinelson
08-02-06, 08:29 AM
This is a good idea that I would back. Two stumbling blocks that do come to mind are earlier this year Static_Sky tried to get a similar idea rolling on saturday mornings in the chat room. Although many committed to attending the actual turn out was low. Another is I dont believe the Poolee and Marine only rooms actually work at this time I could be wrong and will research that for you. I will help facilitate this idea and provide what I can to make this prove to be meaningful. My only other comment is go for it and git r done!

OORAH!!!

Jim

JWG
08-02-06, 08:43 AM
Yes, SSgt! Thank you!

--
Alright brothers and sisters:

We heard the man... let's get our thinking caps on.

ALL POOL(EE)'s and WANNABE'S:

PLEASE Post which days you COULD NOT make it to the weekly chat (let's assume during School as well).

Shrike
08-02-06, 08:48 AM
Just tell me right time zone and I'll be there :)

rproctor922
08-02-06, 09:34 AM
Well I work until 1630 and do not get home until 1730

Lithium
08-02-06, 10:31 AM
I work from 0800 untill 2000 on most days.

JWG
08-02-06, 10:35 AM
Do ya'll work on week-ends? Who here is available for weekend evening's for a chat?

YAY or NAY everyone.. please.

-- YAY -- for ME.

rproctor922
08-02-06, 12:02 PM
sometimes yay

jackson07
08-02-06, 12:12 PM
:thumbup:

TylerA23
08-02-06, 02:23 PM
I'm for the idea..
I work Monday-Thursday 1600-2000

Poskew
08-02-06, 02:36 PM
Ce ... sorry JWG my mind is STILL stuck on that spanish chick we were with las night.. so to correct myself .. YAY

Pvt. Pile.... I mean poolee Poske

JWG
08-02-06, 02:44 PM
Ce ... sorry JWG my mind is STILL stuck on that spanish chick we were with las night.. so to correct myself .. YAY

Pvt. Pile.... I mean poolee Poske

Right on.. but that "Donkey Show" was really with a donkey.. I'm kinda regretting going there. :banana:

Stay MOTO all.. keep the YAY's or NAY's coming about Weekend Evenings. :thumbup:

Motivated,

Mama
08-02-06, 03:02 PM
Right on.. but that "Donkey Show" was really with a donkey.. I'm kinda regretting going there. :banana:

Y'all realize that just sounds *so* wrong...on way too many levels :banana:

Static_Sky25
08-02-06, 03:08 PM
we started a Weekly "School Circle" back in january.. I had like 3 showing up... so I dropped the Idea... I like where your goin with this Gill however... if I can suggest you getting either a Marine or someone who's been to boot at least to sit in bi-monthly (every other session) and go over your recruit Knowledge it would benefit all the DEPpers / wanna-be's greatly just my $.02 worth....

outlaw3179
08-02-06, 03:18 PM
good point. If you guys wanted to you could have like a "guest" Marine during your sessions. YOu could invite them to sit in and the poolees who wanted to attend could ask them questions about anything. ( fleet, libo, deployments, boot camp, personal experiences and things like that. ). Its up to you guys but I think Static Sky has a good point. For example one week or session or whatever invite a grunt. next an ordy Marine. Admin, motor -t , and so on and so on so that way they can hear different pov's.

JWG
08-02-06, 03:30 PM
AWESOME ideas.. we'll definitely do that!

Thanks fellas.

--

Oh, and Mama.. you don't even know.. LOL. :banana: :D :banana:

Poskew
08-02-06, 03:35 PM
Yeah JWG that donkey show as crazy. Oh cmon you dont regret it you were eye f**king that donkey the entire time!!! ;)

wsimkins
08-02-06, 03:51 PM
good point. If you guys wanted to you could have like a "guest" Marine during your sessions. YOu could invite them to sit in and the poolees who wanted to attend could ask them questions about anything. ( fleet, libo, deployments, boot camp, personal experiences and things like that. ). Its up to you guys but I think Static Sky has a good point. For example one week or session or whatever invite a grunt. next an ordy Marine. Admin, motor -t , and so on and so on so that way they can hear different pov's.

Don't forget Supply. :nerd:

outlaw3179
08-02-06, 03:54 PM
lol...sorry ...ill go bust out a quick 20.

JWG
08-03-06, 06:44 PM
What would all of you Brothers and Sisters say on this..

Day:

Sunday(s)

Time(s):

* 7PM EST
* 6PM CST
* 5PM MST
* 4PM PST

rproctor922
08-03-06, 07:18 PM
:thumbup:

fraser
08-03-06, 08:36 PM
sounds good

The Sandman
08-03-06, 08:50 PM
I say you get in there once a week on Saturday about noon PDT. This avoids any issues with the curfew. Also, I would say encourage not only poolees and wannabes but any and all Marines as well. They can all offer their insight and encouragement and I would assume all are welcome. Create a system for speaking in the channel so that its on a "one-thought-at-a-time" basis. Of course Jim or someone he assigns in his stead should lead the discussion.

my $0.02

jinelson
08-03-06, 10:29 PM
I will be enforcing the chat room curfew again, when school gets started. The curfew is 2300 on school nights and I enforce it by time zones. So the current suggested time gives you four hours to get er done.

OORAH!!!

Jim

WannabeDevildog
08-03-06, 11:51 PM
No good for me. I work till 7pm MST. I'll still try to drop in. I think it's a great idea.

JWG
08-04-06, 11:45 AM
I will be enforcing the chat room curfew again, when school gets started. The curfew is 2300 on school nights and I enforce it by time zones. So the current suggested time gives you four hours to get er done.

OORAH!!!

Jim

Aye Aye, SSgt!

Time posted stays so far.. :thumbup:

TylerA23
08-04-06, 04:03 PM
sounds good

poolarnold
08-05-06, 11:39 PM
hey this is an awesome idea it sounds good to me an ill get all the poolee's from my RSS on this site by the end of the month an yea netime during the week after 7 or 8 PM cept fridays lol football season : )
but yea sounds great

- Arnold

Taormina
08-06-06, 01:39 AM
i took the asvab 3 ****in times could someone help me please

Taormina
08-06-06, 01:46 AM
What could I do to get a 31 to get in and go to boot camp I love the Corps andIi want to be a Marine in the worse way I will never give up, if some one could help me I would like that thanks.

The Sandman
08-06-06, 04:20 PM
Heres a few thoughts.... 1.)Way to hijack the thread. We aren'nt talking about the ASVAB here. 2.)Ask your question at the poolee meeting. Perhaps someone there might be able to fill you in. 3.)Search the forum. It's been brought up before.

Taormina
08-06-06, 05:31 PM
thanks sandman sorry about that

WannabeDevildog
08-07-06, 12:15 AM
Either come to the poolee meeting or check your local library for a ASVAB study guide. If my little podunk town has a copy, you're bound to have one somewhere.

Static_Sky25
08-07-06, 10:31 AM
Heres a few thoughts.... 1.)Way to hijack the thread. We aren'nt talking about the ASVAB here. 2.)Ask your question at the poolee meeting. Perhaps someone there might be able to fill you in. 3.)Search the forum. It's been brought up before.

4.) Marines has a CAPITOL M