PDA

View Full Version : Failing the IST?

Midnightsoul
08-01-06, 04:39 PM
I was wondering what happens if you fail a part of the IST. I have no problems with my run time or with my Sit Ups, but I have always had a problem with my upper body strength and I can barely do 1 pull up and im leaving for boot on Aug 14.

Ive been doing push-ups and going to the gym to work on my upper body, but im not feeling any improvment over the 2.5 weeks ive been working out at the gym and im concerned about what will happen if i fail.

outlaw3179
08-01-06, 04:44 PM
Youll fail and go to PCP ( physical conditioning platoon ) there you will staty until you can pass the IST and then you will be picked up by the next available company.

Get moto man. Keep your head up and push yourself . Youll be able to do it but you have got to want it. YOu do not want to go to PCP .

Midnightsoul
08-01-06, 04:51 PM
Whats so bad about the PCP?

rktect3j
08-01-06, 04:54 PM
Oghgghghgh. Take his word for it. You don't want to go to PCP. It can get pretty depressing in there. A lot of those in PCP are trying to get out. No moto. It can drag you down if you let it.

wsimkins
08-01-06, 05:44 PM
I went to PCP in boot. I hated it so much I worked my As* off to get back in my platoon. I did it and fell right back into training and graduated. YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE. Work harder!

Marine84
08-02-06, 08:34 AM
I ended up there too for running - for the ones of us who REALLY wanted it - we gave it our all and got out FAST. It's the ones that had no motivation was what made me want out of it fast. I was so disappointed in myself when I flunked that run - they ran my a$$ for 3 miles (and we only had to do 1 1/2 miles for PFT) EVERY day but Sunday. I started out with 13B (yeah back then there weren't enough of us to call ourselves a BN or Co) and going through PCP my cadence to myself while running was 14 series, 14 series, 14 series - graduated with 14A.

Practice them pullups boy - you DO NOT want to go to PCP!

Ddog2147
08-15-06, 05:17 PM
never went to pork chop plt but when i saw their guidon coming i would laugh inside

Marine84
08-17-06, 08:09 PM
Failing IS NOT an option.................

How u doing on the pullups?

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-17-06, 08:24 PM
For as many bad things as get said about PCP, remember that if it does happen to you, it isn't the end of the world. As you can see here, there are plenty of people that go through PCP on their way to becoming a Marine. If you can avoid it, you should. But, if it does happen it isn't the end of the world.