PDA

View Full Version : So now i am leaving next monday!

K8 Mac
08-01-06, 03:36 PM
Ok, my shipdate has been changed a couple times now, but this morning was unreal. I was woken up by my recruiter's phone call telling me that me and the two other females in my RS (myself and the other two have become really good friends) are leaving on Monday! I am so excited! So this poolee is going to be a Recruit in a week! Just thought you all would like to know. Take care!
Kait

Barret
08-01-06, 03:56 PM
Good Luck! Never give up, Never quit, stay motivated!:flag:

jinelson
08-01-06, 03:58 PM
Wow that sure went fast Kait. Make sure that your Dad keeps us up to date ok. Good Luck you know its going to have some rough times and you are as prepared as you can be. See you in three months as a Marine and sister.

OORAH!!!

Jim

quillhill
08-01-06, 04:02 PM
Yay, Kait! I know you were bummed when you were pushed back again. Off to hit those yellow footprints. Maybe Recruit Michael will wave to you with a knowing grin as your platoon goes jogging by...

Woohoo! Go, Kait, go! Let me know if you want me to write moto mail, missy.

K8 Mac
08-01-06, 04:08 PM
I would love mail! lol. Yeah i was super bumbed but now i am super excited! lol. Its crazy i keep looking around my house thinking to myself "what should i be doing......i know i should do something right now..." I cant wait!
Yeah Jim that went really fast. lol. But i had fun while i was a civilian and i am ready to take the challenge. Thanks for being there Jim! I will make sure my Dad keeps you all up to date. He is a teacher so he might be alittle busy but i know he will try his hardest.

Thank you everyone for the motivation and the great advice! I cant wait to come back as a Marine and a sister and make all of you (and myself) proud. See you all in Three months.

quillhill
08-01-06, 04:42 PM
Kait, I will shoot you my address in a PM. Write it down. I believe you are allowed to take a list of addresses with you, at the very least. After you've written your mom and dad and your good friends the "Hi, I'm here, I'm alive letter, here is where you can send me mail," write me one. I will gladly send you moto mail.

And I will even post comments on your myspace while you're gone. Haha!

I am happy for you. So, now that I finally got my grandfather's records from St. Louis, I know he went to MCRD PI for recruit training. He served at Iwo Jima, Kait. He served on battle ships. He served for eight years. Do him, your fellow recruits, and all Marines, past, present and future proud. It all starts at Parris Island. I can't wait till you get back and I can call you a Marine!

wsimkins
08-01-06, 04:50 PM
Go gett'em tiger! Check in when you get back. Have your dad give us your address so we can send Moto Mail to you. Mail is everything, it is the only touch you will have to the outside world. You will prevail! My wife and I will be glad to send you letters and I promise not to address them from Sgt. Simkins, that would get you in trouble :)

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Simkins

JWG
08-01-06, 04:54 PM
Kait:

Good news, Sister! Bring that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor back for all of us, and YOURSELF!!

Just remember, this last week, you should relax.. but DONT BE LAZY. Just stay casual, Sister. Give yourself a little R&R before you hit the yellow footprints!

You'll make US all PROUD.. and most of all.. YOURSELF!

MOTO!!!

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

K8 Mac
08-02-06, 12:27 AM
Thank you so much for all the moto and good wishes. My dad said he really likes the site (just wishes there was a Marine Dad avitar) and will keep all who want to know updated. I can't wait to come home with that EGA and the amazing uniform. lol. Not to mention the pride and ego that will probably fill every room i walk into. lol. Take care all. I will make sure my dad posts my address.

JWG
08-02-06, 06:22 AM
Good to go, K8!

Make sure you tell your dad not to just post your address, but to be sure to hang around with us, as well!

Leatherneck is not just limited to being a great place for Poolees and Wannabe's.. but its also great for their Family members, as well!

Stay Motivated.. Do EVERYTHING at your best.. and stick to you GOAL.. and you'll come back with that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.

So tell me again, I forgot.. WHAT IS YOUR GOAL!?

quillhill
08-02-06, 05:49 PM
JWG,

if her dad doesn't post it and I get it, I will post her address. I've sent her my snail mail address, so I know Kait, being a good poolee/soon-to-be-recruit, will make sure she has it among her posessions (which are few for devil pups, heh) when she hits the yellow footprints.

I am sure, as you are, that Kait will excel. She's got the knowledge of leatherneck under her belt. And they say 'Forewarned is forearmed.'

The days tick away, missy. :)

K8 Mac
08-04-06, 11:54 PM
I leave Sunday to go to the Hotel and then to the yellow footprints i go! I just want to thank everyone again for everything. I will write as much as possible. Take care all. See/talk to you all soon.
Kait

JWG
08-05-06, 04:19 AM
I leave Sunday to go to the Hotel and then to the yellow footprints i go! I just want to thank everyone again for everything. I will write as much as possible. Take care all. See/talk to you all soon.
Kait
Hey Kait,

If you can.. hop on the Chat Room tonight at about 9-10pm EST with all of us. Would love to have ya aboard the busy hours and when I hop on before you head off!

Either way.. good luck, Sister.. and STAY MOTIVATED! When ya'll come back with those Eagle, Globe, and Anchor's it's not only motivating for you, it motivates all of us back here, waiting for our shot at it, as well!

MOTO!! :evilgrin:

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

Mama
08-05-06, 05:44 AM
I'm so excited for you K8!!!

Git 'em...and never look back :D

AmyG
08-05-06, 08:09 PM
Let's take the Island on and show 'em what we got, girl! I know we can do this, and I know every bit of excitement and perhaps anxiety you're feelin', 'cause I'm feelin' it every bit as much as you...

jackson07
08-05-06, 09:14 PM
A letter shall be in the mail to your dad shortly girl. Good luck and I will see you in a few months!