PDA

View Full Version : Physical Fitness

DaveXIII90
08-01-06, 03:14 PM
Hello
Im just curious and would love to know about something that may help not only me but anyone who views ths thread out of curiousity.
While I have been going to the gym, I have been working out on many of the machines, doing all the normal reps and sets. My interest however is not in the area of the actual machines, but the muscle composure itself. Im curious to know if there is a certain muscle group which, if worked on correctly, will affect the other major muscle groups, therfore making the overall results and/or workout easier and more effectve than doing a normal workout. Basically I want to know if there are certain ways of working on particular muscles that will in turn have an increased affect on the rest of the body. Thank you all, and I hope that this thread will help not only I, but others as well.

wsimkins
08-01-06, 05:46 PM
Why don't you get with one of the trainers at the gym? They can probably coach you through many things that will help.

DaveXIII90
08-01-06, 05:49 PM
thats a good idea, but im also curious as to peoples opinions on the best group of muscles to work on in a certain order for the best results

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-01-06, 11:23 PM
To get big, you have to squat... period. Leg presses won't cut it, none of the cute machines will do it. Squat and you will grow.

After that, focus on basic compound movements. Bench Presses, Military Press, etc. Don't neglect back and arm work to improve your pull ups, oh... and make sure you SQUAT every time you work your legs.

J-Ro
08-01-06, 11:34 PM
What are you trying to accomplish? are you trying to grow? are you trying to cut up? are you trying to build you stamina? what are the results you want?

Like Simkins says " Go up to one of the instructors and tell him what you want to do?" and then set some realistic Goals. I think your asking what you can do to have a better workout overall? maybe. You really just need to stay consistent in workouts and try not to let yourself go.

"There is no better friend...
and No worse enemy than a United States Marine."

Marine84
08-02-06, 08:40 AM
Work 'em all and your HEART (which is the main muscle you should worry about) will still do it's job for you.

DaveXIII90
08-02-06, 08:54 AM
Thank you for all of your replies and advice. Im going to listen to all of the advice that you have all given me, and put it to good use. I will make sure to do alot of squats wth the leg workouts, and do the rest of what you told me to focus on as well. And thank you for reminding me about the heart excersise, Marine84, I was spending way too much time on other workouts to remember to do cardiovascular excercises, and you reminded me-thank you. Hope to hear from you all soon! :)