View Full Version : Nitrogen a gas for better mileage

fontman
08-01-06, 06:27 AM
Nitrogen a gas for better mileage <br />
By David Sharp <br />
ASSOCIATED PRESS <br />
August 1, 2006 <br />
<br />
TOPSHAM, Maine -- Many motorists seeking to improve their mileage as gas prices soar this summer are examining...

10thzodiac
08-01-06, 07:06 AM
Reading your post, got me to thinking again about what if American's and others got together to bring the price of oil down themselves. Oil prices our based on demand and supply like any commodity, too much... low prices, too little... high prices. Just think if people who drive cars drove them less all at the same time just long enough temporally to cause an over supply. The oil producers do it in reverse by cutting production to raise prices. Sure there will always be individuals that won't stick together, but if enough people do it long enough they could get lower prices, just like the oil producers get higher prices. Is that to simplistic? And anybody not cooperating with the program, well "Driver Beware!" I'm sure the oil companies will fight back, but how long can they keep loosing money for their stockholders? All we would be doing is saving more money and it could possibly even turn ugly... them against us mentality... and maybe the people will get so GD mad at Iran, Columbia and other foriegn oil producers that they get their bicycles out.

Just think of it like global warming once it gets out of hand there's no turning back!

SF

P.S. LOL, After this rant I'm just waiting for someone now to say that's un-American and call me a communist :D

ivalis
08-01-06, 08:45 PM
First of all, Nitrogen is NOT an inert gas.

I had read the above article. I happened to run into a retired chemistry professor today. He agreed that nitrogen would possibly be good at reducing the degredation of tires (no oxidation). Other than that, he couldn't see any benefit.