PDA

View Full Version : Former Muslim Women Speaks out!

Seeley
07-31-06, 09:21 PM
This woman made me glad to see that at least one Arab can change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wPglHZQf-0

Jon Taylor
07-31-06, 11:33 PM
you go hajji girl!

mlurtsema
08-01-06, 03:33 AM
She has it exactly right....

10thzodiac
08-01-06, 07:50 AM
The mind of Mahatma Gandhi

I have given my opinion that the followers of Islam are too free with the sword. But that is not due to the teaching of the Koran. This is due, in my opinion, to the environment in which Islam was born. Christianity has a bloody record against it not because Jesus was found wanting, but because the environment in which it spread was not responsive to his lofty teaching. (YI, 20-1-1927, p21)

I have come to the conclusion that the teaching of the Koran is essentially in favour of non-violence. Non-violence is better than violence, it is said in the Koran. Non-violence is enjoined as a duty; violence is permitted as a necessity. (ibid, p193)

yellowwing
08-01-06, 08:17 AM
I was very stunned and moved by her words. I have a 2nd generation Iranian friend that told me about their language. She said, "If you listen closely it is mostly harsh and guttural sounding. But when we speak of truth and higher ideals our language sounds like poetry."

This woman's opening statement sounded all like poetry and truth!

mlurtsema
08-01-06, 03:17 PM
The mind of Mahatma Gandhi

I have given my opinion that the followers of Islam are too free with the sword. But that is not due to the teaching of the Koran. This is due, in my opinion, to the environment in which Islam was born. Christianity has a bloody record against it not because Jesus was found wanting, but because the environment in which it spread was not responsive to his lofty teaching. (YI, 20-1-1927, p21)

I have come to the conclusion that the teaching of the Koran is essentially in favour of non-violence. Non-violence is better than violence, it is said in the Koran. Non-violence is enjoined as a duty; violence is permitted as a necessity. (ibid, p193)

There are people out there who believe it is all right and even necessary to kill people who do not see life the way they do. These people are fanatics. And, there are a lot of less fanatical people who say that the fanatics have just misinterpreted the writings and words of their holy sages -- or they take the words too literally. These people are apologists. In there attempt to salvage something from their tattered and torn -isms -- which -isms are tattered and torn precisely because of the fanatics, they attempt to down play the actual and literal teachings that cause literal thinking people to commit acts of violence in the first place.

This phenomena is not strictly a muslim problem. However, right now, we are under attack from fanatical muslims--people whose beliefs are highly tribal and straight out of the middle ages--people who believe that you and I do not have the right to exist.

This belief that you and I do not have the right to exist has caused us all kinds of problems, and will continue to cause us all kinds of problems, unless the fanatical muslims are stopped. People have the right to believe whatever they want to believe. However, their rights end where my right to exist in peace begins. Because these fanatical people do not recognize my right to exist, they are a danger to me, my family, my friends, and my civilization. There is no apologist excuse and no acceptable justification for their behavior. Therefore, there is no place for them in the modern world...they must either act differently or they must die.:flag:

Mike McIntyre
08-01-06, 03:51 PM
True, true, true!<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
I am to protect my family and then my country. Our safety is paramount. <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
I can experience hurt, but it is my choice to hate. I do not have to hate to protect myself.<O:p</O:p

10thzodiac
08-01-06, 04:14 PM
There are people out there who believe it is all right and even necessary to kill people who do not see life the way they do. These people are fanatics. And, there are a lot of less fanatical people who say that the fanatics have just misinterpreted the writings and words of their holy sages -- or they take the words too literally. These people are apologists. In there attempt to salvage something from their tattered and torn -isms -- which -isms are tattered and torn precisely because of the fanatics, they attempt to down play the actual and literal teachings that cause literal thinking people to commit acts of violence in the first place.

This phenomena is not strictly a muslim problem. However, right now, we are under attack from fanatical muslims--people whose beliefs are highly tribal and straight out of the middle ages--people who believe that you and I do not have the right to exist.

This belief that you and I do not have the right to exist has caused us all kinds of problems, and will continue to cause us all kinds of problems, unless the fanatical muslims are stopped. People have the right to believe whatever they want to believe. However, their rights end where my right to exist in peace begins. Because these fanatical people do not recognize my right to exist, they are a danger to me, my family, my friends, and my civilization. There is no apologist excuse and no acceptable justification for their behavior. Therefore, there is no place for them in the modern world...they must either act differently or they must die.:flag:

Who went across the ocean and stuck their noses in whose business first?

FistFu68
08-01-06, 04:26 PM
:usmc: LIVE BY THE SWORD~DIE BY THE SWORD! :usmc: SEMPER~FORCE

Mike McIntyre
08-01-06, 04:38 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Lebanon</st1:place></st1:country-region>, 1983, 200 plus Marines (RIP)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<st1:place><st1:PlaceName>World</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName>Trade</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Center</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> Bombing<o:p></o:p>
<st1:date Month="9" Day="11" Year="2001">9/11/01</st1:date> , 3000 Americans (RIP)<o:p></o:p>
Desert Storm – Invaded <st1:country-region><st1:place>Kuwait</st1:place></st1:country-region> (Raping and Torturing) for Saudi Oil <o:p></o:p>
Tortured Soldiers<o:p></o:p>
Beheaded Solders and Civilians<o:p></o:p>
Bodies Burned and Hung from Bridges <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
We don’t start wars. We finish them! <o:p></o:p>

10thzodiac
08-01-06, 05:27 PM
McIntyre, I read history like you told me too, here is what I found! Correct me if my findings are wrong. Please no rhetoric.

Vietnam...we won all the battles but lost the war

Korea...stalemate

Usama bin Laudin...well he is hiding

Iraq...Some Israelis are already saying America lost the war

Richard Armitage US Deputy Secretary of State (4 tours in Vietnam) says that, "in its ability to attack Western targets, Al-Qa'idah is the B team, Hezbollah is the A Team

Tuesday, August 1, 2006
WASHINGTON - More than two-thirds of the Army National Guard's 34 brigades are not combat ready, mostly because of equipment shortages that will cost up to $21 billion to correct, the top National Guard general said Tuesday.
Lt. Gen. H. Steven Blum spoke to a group defense reporters after Army officials, analysts and members of Congress disclosed that two-thirds of the active Army's brigades are not ready for war.
The budget won't allow the military to complete the personnel training and equipment repairs and replacement that must be done when units return home after deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan, they say.
"I am further behind or in an even more dire situation than the active Army, but we both have the same symptoms, I just have a higher fever," Blum said.
One Army official acknowledged Tuesday that while all the active Army units serving in the war zone are "100 percent" ready, the situation is not the same for those at home.
"In the continental United States, there are plenty of units that are rated at significantly less than a C-1 rating," said Lt. Col. Carl S. Ey. "Backlogs at the depots, budget issues and the timeliness of receiving funds to conduct training are all critical to the Army's ability keep their force trained, ready and at the highest readiness level possible."
Once a taboo subject for the military, often buried deep in classified documents, readiness levels - generally ranked from C-1 (the best) to C-4 (the worst) are now being used as weapons themselves to force money out of Congress and the administration.
And while Army officials still won't specify how many units are at which levels, they are being more open about the overall declining state of readiness.
A key element of the problem is that Army units returning from the war have either left tanks, trucks or other equipment behind or are bringing them home damaged. Once back, many soldiers either leave the Army or move to other posts, forcing leaders to train others to replace them. As a result, the unit's ratings drop, said Ey, an Army spokesman.
Last week several House Democrats said publicly that two-thirds of the Army brigades are rated not ready for combat, and Army officials have not disputed that figure. On Tuesday, Sen. Christopher J. Dodd, D-Conn., also declined to be specific, but said the Army is "very much worse off" that it was in late 1999 when the military said two of the 10 Army divisions were ranked at the lowest readiness level, C-4. At the time, two divisions equaled six brigades.
The issue gained political momentum when then-candidate George Bush, during his nominating convention, said the Clinton administration allowed the U.S. military might to erode. Now, as the 2006 elections approach, Democrats are saying the Bush administration is shortchanging the military.
GOP leaders have discussed adding $10 billion to the 2007 defense bill, and Sen. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, said lawmakers are talking with the Pentagon "to see if they really need that money."
Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., said Tuesday he wants to add $10 billion to the defense bill, while Dodd said he would push for $17 billion.
In addition to the National Guard's needs, the active Army has said it needs $17 billion to repair or replace equipment and meet other readiness needs but the pending legislation falls far short of that.
The Army's readiness score is based on four factors: whether a unit has all the equipment needed; whether the equipment is working; whether it has the number and types of personnel needed; and whether they are properly trained.

Mike McIntyre
08-01-06, 05:47 PM
No Zodiac. I do not have your intellectual prowess. I have told you at length what I would do and where I stand. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I am not that bright. In fact you referred to me as “Genius” but I am sure that was an oversight on your part. Because I can’t figure it out.

I want to know why the REENLISTMENT percentages are so high and why the Corps’ numbers continue to be high. I am not in the Field so I would have to defer to the fine Solders and Marines who are there. <o:p></o:p>
Also, I do not want to be remiss. I may be wasting GySgtRet and ChiefUSMC’s time for helping me get my son into the Corps. Because if what you so strongly confess is true, why would I want my son to join the Corps?

10thzodiac
08-01-06, 07:10 PM
No Zodiac. I do not have your intellectual prowess. I have told you at length what I would do and where I stand. <O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
I am not that bright. In fact you referred to me as “Genius” but I am sure that was an oversight on your part. Because I can’t figure it out.

I want to know why the REENLISTMENT percentages are so high and why the Corps’ numbers continue to be high. I am not in the Field so I would have to defer to the fine Solders and Marines who are there. <O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Also, I do not want to be remiss. I may be wasting GySgtRet and ChiefUSMC’s time for helping me get my son into the Corps. Because if what you so strongly confess is true, why would I want my son to join the Corps?

I remember what a an old wise man told my son in front of me once. "Nobody will tell you like your dad will."

McIntyre, in all sincerity I wish the best for your son and you!

God
Family
Country
Corps

SF

mlurtsema
08-02-06, 03:05 AM
Who went across the ocean and stuck their noses in whose business first?

I can only guess and the whys and hows of how we ended up in Iraq. And, I pay enough attention to believe that the reasons we were told that we had to go to Iraq had little to do with the reasons we actually went. However, this **** didn't happen on 9/11. I remember the Iranian Hostage situation way the hell back in the 70s. In fact, the day I re-enlisted was the day that the whole Iranian thing went sideways and those helicopters crashed in the desert. And there was **** going down before that.

What remains is that there are a whole lot of fanatical people who don't believe that you and I have the right to exist -- and they do **** like fly planes into our buildings and kill people just like you and me who are doing what we do in life.

In my view, the life of one single American is worth every fanatical muslim life in the middle east. That is how I weigh things on the scale of life and death.

It would be far better for everyone if we could all just get along. But, I don't see peace breaking out anywhere. What I see is insanity and fanaticism. What I see is a whole lot of people who would kill you and I and everybody we care about just because we are who we are -- As I said before, their right to be who they are stop where my right to exist begins. They have crossed that line, and they must suffer the consequences -- even if there are unintended results like collateral damage. They shouldn't be supporting the people who flew planes into our buildings...

10thzodiac
08-02-06, 07:05 AM
I can only guess and the whys and hows of how we ended up in Iraq. And, I pay enough attention to believe that the reasons we were told that we had to go to Iraq had little to do with the reasons we actually went. However, this **** didn't happen on 9/11. I remember the Iranian Hostage situation way the hell back in the 70s. In fact, the day I re-enlisted was the day that the whole Iranian thing went sideways and those helicopters crashed in the desert. And there was **** going down before that.

What remains is that there are a whole lot of fanatical people who don't believe that you and I have the right to exist -- and they do **** like fly planes into our buildings and kill people just like you and me who are doing what we do in life.

In my view, the life of one single American is worth every fanatical muslim life in the middle east. That is how I weigh things on the scale of life and death.

It would be far better for everyone if we could all just get along. But, I don't see peace breaking out anywhere. What I see is insanity and fanaticism. What I see is a whole lot of people who would kill you and I and everybody we care about just because we are who we are -- As I said before, their right to be who they are stop where my right to exist begins. They have crossed that line, and they must suffer the consequences -- even if there are unintended results like collateral damage. They shouldn't be supporting the people who flew planes into our buildings...

I would only change one thing...

"They shouldn't be supporting the people who flew planes into our buildings" and the people who caused them too...

I hate to admit human frailty, but I did allot of traveling while ill (bad head cold) in April, like 7 airplanes and a couple of flights lasting 12 hours non-stop. They say not to fly while ill, they are right, it got worse. Going to the VA today been there twice already for dizziness and headaches. Was diagnosed with positional vertigo with a prognosis that it it could last six months and remnants of a viral infection. I'm sure all this back and forth on the INTERNET hasn't helped my headaches as it is disruptive behavior (arguing). The vertigo at first was only when I lie down and turn my head to the left, now after bending over to hug my grandchildren this past weekend then returning to upright I get dizzy momentarily plus the almost constant headaches though not severe. Not trying to get sympathy just an explanation why I might not be participating regularly here for awhile. Just think how lucky everyone was that I wasn't up to speed and how bad my tyrants could of been, lol

SF:thumbup: