PDA

View Full Version : WW3 in the near future?

Poskew
07-31-06, 06:48 PM
I keep hearing more and more that the start of WW3 has just begun with Isreal and Lebanon. I know I will be knees deep in it if it happens within the next couple of years that is only if I get through boot camp. If so just a what if type question. Who would be our allies and who would we be fighting against if you could see what WW3 would be like?

Pvt. Pile .. I mean Poolee Poske

Jsphsl4204
07-31-06, 06:54 PM
Even diplomats feel that WWIII is heading nearer, with not only the crisis in the middle east between Israel and Lebanon, but the crisis in the middle east from sunni Muslims and shi'ite Muslims, and the global spread on terrorism.

Tensions are also high at an internation rate because of allied forces. Iraq despises Canada, for example, right now, as much as they do the U.S., because Canadian troops are currently aiding the U.S. in the middle east.

And Canada is just an example off the top of my head, the tip of the iceburg. Look at the terrorist attacks on the London subway system over a year ago because of suspected relation to U.S. Forces. The **** rolls downhill, and it's piling up awful deep these days. International tensions are running high, especially with communist, terrorist states who, even while not in support of al-Queda, are against the U.S. Movement, and may begin helping those nations who oppose the U.S. soon (China [which is only a speculation], North Korea, Cuba, etc.)

Brooklyn
07-31-06, 06:56 PM
Cuba? You think Cuba is a threat?

JWG
07-31-06, 06:57 PM

Don't forget Mexico.. and if you don't think Mexico is a threat either.. I'm sure there will be MANY willing to go into a bigger rant on it. :evilgrin:

Jsphsl4204
07-31-06, 06:59 PM
I got so caught up into talking politics, I missed your question. The U.S. and it's allies would fight in WWIII against terrorist nations, while religios guerrillas would fight in the middle east for stature gain. PLUS, Israel and Lebanon aren't agreeing to a cease-fire currently, and by the looks of it, they won't be anytime soon, so allied nations on both sides might have to back their respective nation up not only with diplomacy, but expected soldiers.

Bottom line, nuclear power shouldn't be a problem in WWIII, and if it is, it's safe to say that whoever launches a nuke, it WILL be the U.S. If not, the said nation of which is ignorant to launch nuclear arsenals will be a hole in the earth, radiating from space, courtesy Red, White, and Blue. It would probably be defined as true terms of war, with mechanized units, military intelligence, but possibly a scramble of guerrilla warfare as retaliation or revolt from the people.

Poskew
07-31-06, 07:00 PM
I wouldnt be to worried about Cuba unless they let enemy forces set base on their land because then they would be easily capable of attacking us with short or long range missiles. China has a major number of soldiers like five times the amount we do. Then again I don't believe they have Marines :cool: . I do worry about North Korea for one reason they do not care if they lose a war. They just crazy enough to let some nukes off before they go down.

jinelson
07-31-06, 07:00 PM
In my own humble opinion I believe that World War III started long ago, before 9-11 consider perhaps the bombing of the Marine Barracks in Beruit Lebannon in 1983 or the Iran Hostage crisis in 1979 same fanatics same score card. But there are still those who would rather bury their heads in the sand and do nothing to defend our nation.

Barret
07-31-06, 07:01 PM
I think that most people have jumped off the handle a little bit with talk of another World War..... If WW3 did happen, though, We may issue another draft, since our forces are stretched pretty thin. We would unfortunately possibly have many casualties, but that's what happens in a World War. I never looked into the heavy losses of World War 2, because it was not as protested as Vietnam, but in WW2, they lost more US servicemembers in a single day than was lost in the entire liberation of Iraq/Afghanistan.

Basically, I don't think we want another World War.

Jsphsl4204
07-31-06, 07:01 PM

Not so much a threat of military action as civilian action. Expect heavy retaliation from civilians, and when U.S. Forces fight back, expect the media to eat it up and hippies roaming the streets, turning against their government.

Vietnam, done right.

Poskew
07-31-06, 07:03 PM
Well I dont think anybody wants a World War besides the terrorist and their Jihad against all non muslims and probly North Korea.

Brooklyn
07-31-06, 07:04 PM
Don't forget Mexico.. and if you don't think Mexico is a threat either.. I'm sure there will be MANY willing to go into a bigger rant on it. :evilgrin:

Mexico...or Mexicans? Or just illegals?

In my own humble opinion I believe that World War III started long ago, before 9-11 consider perhaps the bombing of the Marine Barracks in Beruit Lebannon in 1983 or the Iran Hostage crisis in 1979 same fanatics same score card. But there are still those who would rather bury their heads in the sand and do nothing to defend our nation

I was watching a show about this on CNN last night. I had no idea that Reagan didn't respond to this attack. I knew he pulled the Marines out, but I was quite suprised when I learned last night that his Sect. of Defense urged him not to respond.

Poskew
07-31-06, 07:04 PM
I apologize for upper casing *jihad* in my last post will never happen again.

Barret
07-31-06, 07:05 PM
I Agree with Jinelson in Saying that WW3 started a while ago. I think right now that WW3 should be a.k.a the War on Terror.

Poskew
07-31-06, 07:06 PM
I also think WW3 will be a political war just as much as a fighting war. I just prey to god Hilary Clinton doesn't get elected.

JWG
07-31-06, 07:08 PM
Mexico...or Mexicans? Or just illegals?

I was watching a show about this on CNN last night. I had no idea that Reagan didn't respond to this attack. I knew he pulled the Marines out, but I was quite suprised when I learned last night that his Sect. of Defense urged him not to respond.

Brooklyn,

Sorry.. mean't just the Illegals.

Jsphsl4204
07-31-06, 07:08 PM
I also think WW3 will be a political war just as much as a fighting war. I just prey to god Hilary Clinton doesn't get elected.

Why?
She isn't promising removing troops from overseas, or threatening to stop militarization on behalf of the U.S.

Barret
07-31-06, 07:09 PM
If anybody has the time to watch that movie that I posted, You will see that Islamic Extremists have outrageous propoganda, such as America will not quit attacking them until they control the world (Which is exactly what the Extremists are doing themselves), and the Jewish make food with the blood of Islamic children. It is very sad to see 8-year old Islamic Extremists, carrying Ak's and shouting death to America. They brainwash everyone into thinking the US/UK/Israel is trying to wipe them out, and say that they are just defending themselves by trying to commit Mass Genocide just like the Nazi's.

Poskew
07-31-06, 07:09 PM
Well I agree and disagree with the war on terror in some ways. If you compare the past world wars to the war on terror now I would disagree that its WW3 now only due to we would be attacking all the countries that support terrorism along and that there would be many more countries in all out fighting. I would agree on the pre-lude to WW3 right now. Don't count on the french though they will just sign the surrender when it all breaks out. Like they say french tanks have 6 gears... 5 reverse and one forward incase they get attacked from behind

JWG
07-31-06, 07:10 PM
Why?
She isn't promising removing troops from overseas, or threatening to stop militarization on behalf of the U.S.

Sorry.. couldn't resist.

"Because there will be a war every MONTH!" :no:

Poskew
07-31-06, 07:11 PM
Also when I said agree and disagree with the war on terror I meant agree disagree on comparing it to being WW3 right now. Just so you all know that I DO agree on the war on terror.

Barret
07-31-06, 07:13 PM
Heh. I don't know, These Extremists have attacked almost every major country in Europe, and the US. They themselves say the world into two groups: Those who are with them, (who believe in only one particular version of Islam) and the ones who are against them (Who they vow to wipe off the earth.)

Jsphsl4204
07-31-06, 07:15 PM
Sorry.. couldn't resist.

"Because there will be a war every MONTH!" :no:

OH GOD, NO!

While I'd vote for her (if I could vote) if she ran for president, I don't want her to win the democratic primary.

Poskew
07-31-06, 07:18 PM
Sorry to hear that

Barret
07-31-06, 07:22 PM
I really don't see it as a World War in the since that the top countries in the world are fighting each other, but in the since that the terrorists are all around the world, and we are fighting them world-wide.

Poskew
07-31-06, 07:27 PM
We the US aren't fighting them world wide as much as we are in the middle east. Now if you mean we are fighting them as in certain countries governments are supposively cracking down on terrorism in thier own country I can somewhat agree with you. I don't know why I'm getting so technical with you I apologize.

Barret
07-31-06, 07:34 PM
Hey, no need to apoligize. It's all in good fun. :bunny: We all just sit here, learn what we can, and wait for our time to serve the country, if we are lucky enough.

semperfi05m
07-31-06, 08:34 PM
All the above are vary good ideas. The way I look at is if anybody is dumb enough to think that they can win a war agenst the U.S. MARINES. HA!!! They desurve to get the crap beat out of them. Just for thinking the had a chance. It doesnt matter how many nukes North Karea has, or how many more Men china has the us. MARINE ARNT SCARED OF ANY NUKES, AND WHO CARE HOW MANY MORE MEN CHINA HAS WE'LL STILL KICK THERE A**!!! OOORAHHH!!! GET SOME MARINES... GET SOME!!!! SEMPER-FI

Brooklyn
07-31-06, 08:45 PM
I don't think making it through boot camp will make me any less fearful of anything that can bake me at temps. hotter then the center of the sun...but that's just me.

JWG
07-31-06, 08:51 PM
I don't think making it through boot camp will make me any less fearful of anything that can bake me at temps. hotter then the center of the sun...but that's just me.

FEARING IT WON'T MAKE IT GO AWAY!! SO WHY FEAR? U.S MARINES.. THE CHOSEN FEW!! :evilgrin:

Stay Motivated Justin, right on! MOTO!!!!! :thumbup:

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

Brooklyn
07-31-06, 09:03 PM
FEARING IT WON'T MAKE IT GO AWAY!! SO WHY FEAR? U.S MARINES.. THE CHOSEN FEW!! :evilgrin:

Stay Motivated Justin, right on! MOTO!!!!! :thumbup:

Motivated,

Why fear nuclear war? Are you serious? How about because all my loved ones and their loved ones and their loved ones will die, instantly, and the ones that survive will die slow and painfully? Yea, seems like a good enough reason to me.

JWG
07-31-06, 09:05 PM
Why fear nuclear war? Are you serious? How about because all my loved ones and their loved ones and their loved ones will die, instantly, and the ones that survive will die slow and painfully? Yea, seems like a good enough reason to me.

So what has your FEAR done to help prevent that?

KILL!!!

Stay MOTO ALL!! :evilgrin:

MOTIVATED,

Christansen
07-31-06, 09:13 PM
I personally see Russia and China joining together and turning on us. They've built themselves up along with their self-esteem. Everytime we do something against the will of the UN... you can bet someone's talkin sh*t behind our backs.

Barret
07-31-06, 09:32 PM
With China it quantity, not quality. And Russia....Is just pure broken down. Nuclear waste dumps, they have pretty low life quality. I don't really think they would turn on us. But China, I think they would. I think we could take them.

semperfi05m
07-31-06, 09:39 PM
I dont think we would have a problem with China, Russia or any other country.

Mama
07-31-06, 09:42 PM
nuclear war is probably in our future especially if Iran continues to build it's nuclear arsenal while the rest of up morons keep our eyes glued on everything except Iran...

The important this is to accept that if you are going to become Marines, and you've a long road before that happens...that yes, even Marines are often afraid...but courage is the man who knows the danger and stands to face it anyway...

If you're busy worrying about everyone back home, or your girlfriend, or even a jody...well...then your mind isn't going to be where it needs to be...

WW3, yeah...it'll happen...until then concentrate on what you need to do until you get there...

Barret
07-31-06, 09:42 PM
Not now, but I can see some hostility from china possibly in the future. But hey, we shouldn't have too much to worry about, the Marine Corps by itself is larger and much better trained than most entire Military forces in the World.

Barret
07-31-06, 09:44 PM
That right, It's never a matter of if for those who protect, it's a matter of when.:iwo:

Brooklyn
07-31-06, 09:57 PM
So what has your FEAR done to help prevent that?

KILL!!!

Stay MOTO ALL!! :evilgrin:

MOTIVATED,

Don't underestimate the power of fear. Fear of mutual assured destruction is the only reason you and I are alive. Without fear, nuclear armed countries would have long ago destroyed large portions of the world. Thankfully, world leaders do fear nuclear war. Hopefully, if you ever become one of the world's leaders you'll understand a little better why someone would be a complete idiot to not fear it. It's not exactly something you should be so gung-ho about...calm down a bit.

The important this is to accept that if you are going to become Marines, and you've a long road before that happens...that yes, even Marines are often afraid...but courage is the man who knows the danger and stands to face it anyway...

Well said.

Christansen
07-31-06, 10:34 PM
With China it quantity, not quality. And Russia....Is just pure broken down. Nuclear waste dumps, they have pretty low life quality. I don't really think they would turn on us. But China, I think they would. I think we could take them.

I guess I didn't necessarily mean "economically" as in a long term engagement. I was mostly directing that statement towards their nuclear technology. I believe Russia - specifically, has always had a hard-on for the science behind nuclear/biological weapons since their inception. All in all, yes, probably not a big/imediate threat. Though, I never focus my attention on one country specifically... I see it playing out more or less like a joint effort on the behalf of various countries (currently "riding the fence") that are sparked/fused together, militarily in retaliation of their disapproval of our foreign involvements.

WannabeDevildog
08-01-06, 12:34 AM
While I'd vote for her (if I could vote) if she ran for president, I don't want her to win the democratic primary.

Are you serious? Have you looked into the things she' s done/not done for our nation? And the military. If you're seriously contemplating joining ANY branch you should definately re-think voting for Hilary. Many have not forgotten that when she was "co-presrident" for 8 years she was quoted as saying "I LOATHE the military."

I definately believe there will be WW3. I don't know if it's started yet, but it will come. They'll reinstate the draft and all the bleeding heart liberals will run to Canada like they did in Vietnam. Damn cowards. If I'm not in by then (which I plan to be) as soon as we declare WW3 I'd head straight for the Marine recruiter's office. Sign me up. Infantry all the way.

Jsphsl4204
08-01-06, 12:51 AM
Are you serious? Have you looked into the things she' s done/not done for our nation? And the military. If you're seriously contemplating joining ANY branch you should definately re-think voting for Hilary. Many have not forgotten that when she was "co-presrident" for 8 years she was quoted as saying "I LOATHE the military."

Alright, you show me things she's done counterproductive to the military, so far, please. She runs her mouth in a pish-posh way, granted, but her actions have in NO WAY heavily influenced the current militarization struggles the U.S. faces, and at this point in our militaryization scheme, there isn't a DAMN thing she could do to negatively affect the military. Checks and balances with Congress and the Supreme Court won't allow it.

She can talk all she wants, but for my personal beleifs in politics and morals, I say I'd vote for her in a presidential election; because I don't support her putrid hate to the military, I WOULD NOT vote for her in a democratic primary, because I wouldn't want HER representing the democratic party. I would also not vote for her in a democratic primary because it's what the PEOPLE want, not necessarily what's best for the democratic party... Ahh. She'll probably get the presidential campaign bid, and, she'll lose miserably.

Christansen
08-01-06, 01:16 AM
Rudy wont be any better as a pres... Read the book "Radio Silence"... theres a lot of dirt on him to be found... we're screwed either way people.

WannabeDevildog
08-01-06, 01:30 AM
She can talk all she wants, but for my personal beleifs in politics and morals, I say I'd vote for her in a presidential election; because I don't support her putrid hate to the military, I WOULD NOT vote for her in a democratic primary, because I wouldn't want HER representing the democratic party.
So you would vote her in to represent the United States of America, but not to represent the Democratic Party? Which one is more important here?

rktect3j
08-01-06, 07:08 AM
In my own humble opinion I believe that World War III started long ago, before 9-11 consider perhaps the bombing of the Marine Barracks in Beruit Lebannon in 1983 or the Iran Hostage crisis in 1979 same fanatics same score card. But there are still those who would rather bury their heads in the sand and do nothing to defend our nation.
Good read into it Jim. That was the acorn so to speak. It takes a long time for that acorn to turn into the tree that it is going to become. I think we have 5 to 10 more years and then it will be all out war. The hate towards the west is growing in the middle east exponentially. It is only a matter of time.

JWG
08-01-06, 08:19 AM
Justin's MOTIVATED Post:

All the above are vary good ideas. The way I look at is if anybody is dumb enough to think that they can win a war agenst the U.S. MARINES. HA!!! They desurve to get the crap beat out of them. Just for thinking the had a chance. It doesnt matter how many nukes North Karea has, or how many more Men china has the us. MARINE ARNT SCARED OF ANY NUKES, AND WHO CARE HOW MANY MORE MEN CHINA HAS WE'LL STILL KICK THERE A**!!! OOORAHHH!!! GET SOME MARINES... GET SOME!!!! SEMPER-FI

Your very serious (sometimes taken saracastically/snobby) response:

^ That was the reason it angered me a bit, the way you responded to an obviously MOTIVATED Poolee posting.

--

Don't underestimate the power of fear. Fear of mutual assured destruction is the only reason you and I are alive. Without fear, nuclear armed countries would have long ago destroyed large portions of the world. Thankfully, world leaders do fear nuclear war. Hopefully, if you ever become one of the world's leaders you'll understand a little better why someone would be a complete idiot to not fear it. It's not exactly something you should be so gung-ho about...calm down a bit.

There's no need to tell me that fear is important and can keep you alive. But like Mama said, Courage is what we must have more of.

Please.. just remember, being too technical and too serious responding to a Motivated Poolee's post can be seen as a bit saracastic and snobby, even if it may have not been the intention.

**Sorry, please go on with the discussion. I appologize.. it's just it got me a bit rilled (sp?) up.**

MOTIVATED,

-Jon :iwo: :flag:

Poskew
08-01-06, 10:10 AM
JWG how old are you? And no this isnt a insult or anything like that. You seem to know an awful lot about the Marines not being a Marine yet. Which is ok with me by far more power to you.

futureMarine418
08-01-06, 10:26 AM
I think if ww3 was to start we would be in alot of trouble. Not to say we couldnt defend our selves im just saying we will have a hole lot more enimes then allies. But then agian that never stopped the marines before.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-01-06, 12:33 PM
OK, first I am going to respond to Brooklyn:
I have no fear of nuclear war, NONE. And I don't appreciate you calling me a complete idiot because of my view on the subject. I could go into why I don't fear nuclear war, but then you would just have another smart assed comment, and I don't feel the need to debate the issue with you. Suffice it to say that the diplomats can fear nukes all they want, the place of the Marine is to fight. That is why the Marine Corps isn't a part of the State Department.

Now, I do believe we are seeing the opening shots of a world war. The clash between Israel and Lebanon along side the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is a pretty bad situation. World War I was caused by people thinking a war was going to happen (Read the book Guns Of August to learn more). World War II was started by a lone nation looking to extend its power base. The world is in a worse situation now than it was before either of those started.

As for who will be on which side, I can only make some educated guesses. On our side I believe there will be Canada, Israel, England, Germany, Turkey, India, Japan, Australlia, and some other smaller nations. On the other side you have all of the arab nations, China, and possibly some of the EU and NATO nations that believe like France that they should be the world power, not the United States. I don't feel like going into all of the "whys" right now, but I will put it together later. If anyone really wants to see it, PM me and I will email it to you. It would be far too long to post here.

Brooklyn
08-01-06, 06:23 PM
Justin's MOTIVATED Post:

Your very serious (sometimes taken saracastically/snobby) response:

Yes, I believe nuclear war is a serious topic. Love me or hate me, your "GET SOME MOTO KILL" attitude is still a bit...weird when applied to nukes.

the place of the Marine is to fight

How does the Marine fight nukes?

Jsphsl4204
08-01-06, 06:38 PM
So you would vote her in to represent the United States of America, but not to represent the Democratic Party? Which one is more important here?

Ahh, presidency is tons more important than the democratic primary, however, that was NOT the point I was trying to make.

I vote democrat based on my personal MORALS. I would not want HER as a democratic president, because even though she CLOSELY relates my to my PERSONAL beleifs, she is NOT as qualified as other democratic primaries, BUT I'd vote for HER <i>if</i> she won the democratic primary, because I personally feel her morals more closely represent mine than anybody from the republican party, or any other third party.
I'd like to see Kerry make a successful bid, which COULD be acheived with informing the public of his actions, and targeting neutral states A LOT more, but I'm sure it won't happen. The dems will send Hillary to please everyone, and we'll get blown out the water.

Barret
08-01-06, 06:42 PM
I hate to add to the Politics, but from what I see, if the democrats when the election, we will pull immediately out of the middle east, and possibly waste all of the money we have spent.

Brooklyn
08-01-06, 06:43 PM
Ahh, presidency is tons more important than the democratic primary, however, that was NOT the point I was trying to make.

I vote democrat based on my personal MORALS. I would not want HER as a democratic president, because even though she CLOSELY relates my to my PERSONAL beleifs, she is NOT as qualified as other democratic primaries, BUT I'd vote for HER if she won the democratic primary, because I personally feel her morals more closely represent mine than anybody from the republican party, or any other third party.
I'd like to see Kerry make a successful bid, which COULD be acheived with informing the public of his actions, and targeting neutral states A LOT more, but I'm sure it won't happen. The dems will send Hillary to please everyone, and we'll get blown out the water.

Where's Teddy Roosevelt when you need him? By far the U.S.'s best president ever, in my opionion!!! :thumbup:

Jsphsl4204
08-01-06, 06:44 PM
JWG how old are you? And no this isnt a insult or anything like that. You seem to know an awful lot about the Marines not being a Marine yet. Which is ok with me by far more power to you.

He's 14 going on 40.

Heh. Couldn't resist. But, in all seriousness, he is 14. Jon (JWG) gives ME motivation because he's so motivated, in fact, motivation radiates from him like UV rays do from the sun.

Jsphsl4204
08-01-06, 06:47 PM
Not so fast, friend! <br />
Checks, and balances. In all likelyhood, republicans will remain in charge of Congress. You can't pull out without the Congress's approval. <br />
<br />
For once, my republican...

Barret
08-01-06, 06:49 PM
I see where you're coming from. It's just that if Hillary gets the presidency, I fear what she will do to the Military.

Jsphsl4204
08-01-06, 07:01 PM
I see where you're coming from. It's just that if Hillary gets the presidency, I fear what she will do to the Military.

I do too, it's completely understandable. She would still have SOME control over the military.
That's 90% of the reason why I don't want her as the democratic primary, when it comes down to it.

JWG
08-01-06, 07:31 PM
I do too, it's completely understandable. She would still have SOME control over the military.
That's 90% of the reason why I don't want her as the democratic primary, when it comes down to it.

SOME control? She'd be the Commandress (notice my JOKE) in Chief!!

But I'm CERTAIN, as Politcally inclined as yourself, you knew that.

:bunny:

Motivated,

Jsphsl4204
08-01-06, 07:41 PM
SOME control? She'd be the Commandress (notice my JOKE) in Chief!!

But I'm CERTAIN, as Politcally inclined as yourself, you knew that.

Motivated,

OH YEAH! Would she be called the Commandress? I guess she'd have the power to change it, if she so desired.

As far as how powerful that title SOUNDS, it isn't as powerful as you think. Not only does Congress influence his actions, but his administration, the CIA, and diplomatic ambassadors to the U.S. do as well (militarily speaking, of course).

polticly incilinated hellz yah and i tink dey caww it duh coamsdfnsd n cehif yah dey dew i ant stoopit

:banana:

JWG
08-01-06, 07:42 PM
Yes, I believe nuclear war is a serious topic. Love me or hate me, your "GET SOME MOTO KILL" attitude is still a bit...weird when applied to nukes.

How does the Marine fight nukes?

Hey.. Brooklyn.. do you think I'm a dumbass? Cause if you're thinking it.. SAY IT.

Of course Nuclear War is a god-damn serious topic! But tell me.. how is my "GET SOME MOTO KILL" attitude (by the way, it's called MOTIVATION) a "bit weird" when applied to nukes?

Hey.. listen, I never said I was gonna stop a ****ing nuke, I said I was sure as hell going to do whatever it is I can to stop that nuke from leaving it's launch pad. If that Nuke comes.. what do you want me to do? Like said before.. COURAGE overpowers FEAR.

Oh.. don't think I forgot that last part.. "How does a Marine fight nukes?"

With his Rifle.. go ahead sing with me.. "This is my Rifle, this is my gun.. this is for FIGHTING.. this is for fun."

I'm here to MOTIVATE others.. so if you rain on the motivation in this section, I'm going to turn into a major *******.. smart or not in my actions.

STAY MOTIVATED!

Motivated,

Poskew
08-01-06, 07:49 PM
yeah and I might throw in a punch or two also for the hell of it.

W000T MOTIVATED WRARRRRR

Pvt. Pile... I mean poolee Poske

Jsphsl4204
08-01-06, 07:50 PM
He

I'm here to MOTIVATE others.. so if you rain on the motivation in this section, I'm going to turn into a major *******..

Major *******, sir, is there a latrine of which I may use?

YOUR NEW NICKNAME, IS MAJOR *******!

I can see it now, Maj. J.W. *******, USMC (ret.)!

In all seriousness, I think we should drop it. In a sense, you're both right and you're both wrong, on an array of things addressed within the debate. I think the best thing to do would be to not retaliate, regardless of what the other man says, if he says anything at all. I can understand anger from the both of you, but if you can control it, it says VOLUMES about your discipline. I'm not saying you DON'T have discipline by any means, you've both proven yourselves before, but it's best for ya'll and it's best for everyone else here to just let it go.

Nuclear energy being used against the U.S., as of RIGHT NOW, is not a problem, anyway. It will take North Korea ten years to manufacture an ICBM capable of hitting the U.S., and while Iran is building a nuclear arsenols as we speak, they are still in the league of the underdogs and ameteurs.

Brooklyn
08-01-06, 07:52 PM
Hey.. Brooklyn.. do you think I'm a dumbass? Cause if you're thinking it.. SAY IT.

Of course Nuclear War is a god-damn serious topic! But tell me.. how is my "GET SOME MOTO KILL" attitude (by the way, it's called MOTIVATION) a "bit weird" when applied to nukes?

Hey.. listen, I never said I was gonna stop a ****ing nuke, I said I was sure as hell going to do whatever it is I can to stop that nuke from leaving it's launch pad. If that Nuke comes.. what do you want me to do? Like said before.. COURAGE overpowers FEAR.

Oh.. don't think I forgot that last part.. "How does a Marine fight nukes?"

With his Rifle.. go ahead sing with me.. "This is my Rifle, this is my gun.. this is for FIGHTING.. this is for fun."

I'm here to MOTIVATE others.. so if you rain on the motivation in this section, I'm going to turn into a major *******.. smart or not in my actions.

STAY MOTIVATED!

Motivated,

LMAO, now should I feel threatened by a 14 year old on the internet getting his panties in a bunch?

Do I think you're a dumbass? No. Would I say so if I did? You already know the answer to that.

You asked me "Why fear nuclear war?". I gave you a few reasons. You want to get upset, loose your composure, throw a fit, ***** and whine like a child about it, that's your choice, but I'm not your parents, and those actions hold no weight with me. Go punch a hole in a wall, I'll still sit here, cool, calm, and collected, and respond as such.

Brooklyn
08-01-06, 07:54 PM
Major *******, sir, is there a latrine of which I may use?

YOUR NEW NICKNAME, IS MAJOR *******!

I can see it now, Maj. J.W. *******, USMC (ret.)!

In all seriousness, I think we should drop it. In a sense, you're both right and you're both wrong, on an array of things addressed within the debate. I think the best thing to do would be to not retaliate, regardless of what the other man says, if he says anything at all. I can understand anger from the both of you, but if you can control it, it says VOLUMES about your discipline. I'm not saying you DON'T have discipline by any means, you've both proven yourselves before, but it's best for ya'll and it's best for everyone else here to just let it go.

Nuclear energy being used against the U.S., as of RIGHT NOW, is not a problem, anyway. It will take North Korea ten years to manufacture an ICBM capable of hitting the U.S., and while Iran is building a nuclear arsenols as we speak, they are still in the league of the underdogs and ameteurs.

Believe me, I'm not angry. There's no reason to get angry. In all actuality, I find if funny when someone lets someone they know nothing of, on the internet, anger them. Quite funny indeed.

Barret
08-01-06, 08:07 PM
Brooklyn, You are really just trying to **** JWG off right now. I can see why you're shocked that you think he believes we can fight a nuke with a rifle. He's not trying to just pick a fight with you.He's trying to explain why he thinks that, and you're calling him a whining child. The reason he posted with hostility is because you ****ed him off.

Brooklyn
08-01-06, 08:13 PM
Okay, he's hostile because I ****ed him off? Ppl **** me of regularly, here and in real life, but I don't flame them.

By the way, what did I say that warranted the response I got from him? Just curious.

If I remember correctly, and the proof is on page 2 and 3, I said something to the effect of "graduating boot camp won't make ME less fearful of nuclear war, but that's just ME" ( "ME" meaning my opinion ). He responded civil enough and asked me "why fear?", I gave him my reasons, which were something like "my entire family will cease to exist". I won't go through it all...but I know I said nothing to him to **** him off and/or encourage him to respond the way he did.

He's trying to explain why he thinks that, and you're calling him a whining child

No sir. I said he's whining like a child because of his language and overall tone in that post.

But sure, I'll take responsibility for it anyway, it's no skin off my back.

Poskew
08-01-06, 08:13 PM
Ok fellas I'm going to be Condaleza Rice here and step in just like the middle east. With that I think both of you should..... keep fighting !@!@@!.. just kidding just a chance to throw in a nice little joke. It probly wasnt funny though. Damn I suck at jokes. Anyways I made this thread and I apologize I did not want it to turn into a insult rally. Everybody needs to relax. Remember it was just a what if situation/question. Now everybody relax and I will throw on some Eagles to ease the mood.

No Prob

Pvt. Pile.... I mean poolee Poske

Jsphsl4204
08-01-06, 08:16 PM
Believe me, I'm not angry. There's no reason to get angry. In all actuality, I find if funny when someone lets someone they know nothing of, on the internet, anger them. Quite funny indeed.

Alright, let's cut this horse**** out, okay man? (And I'm not angry when I say that, of course, you wouldn't care, haha.)

It's for the best of everyone. I didn't figure you were angry as much as Jon was, but when you keep saying things like this, it's just going to get worse.

YOU may find it funny when someone gets ****ed off, but it's not funny, at least, not at Leatherneck. There are forums to agitate, and there are forums to use tact and manner, and this is one of those forums. Granted, flying off the handle is some places is acceptable and humurous, even by my standards, but stop feeding the fire, by calling someone immature for feeling strongly, and getting angry at what they thought was anti-motivational thought.

Please. I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong, and I'm not pointing the finger at you by replying to your post, but we need to just stop talking about it.

Brooklyn
08-01-06, 08:16 PM
Ok fellas I'm going to be Condaleza Rice here and step in just like the middle east. With that I think both of you should..... keep fighting !@!@@!.. just kidding just a chance to throw in a nice little joke. It probly wasnt funny though. Damn I suck at jokes. Anyways I made this thread and I apologize I did not want it to turn into a insult rally. Everybody needs to relax. Remember it was just a what if situation/question. Now everybody relax and I will throw on some Eagles to ease the mood.

No Prob

Pvt. Pile.... I mean poolee Poske

For the record, my comment that "****ed off" JWG was just my opinion of how I feel on the matter. I even made sure to say so when I posted it. Never inteded for someone to get heated over it.

Poskew
08-01-06, 08:20 PM
Hey man it's all good with me. Everybody is relaxing we have some Eagles playing... drinking margaritas.. watching sexy spanish women dance.. ok im getting carried away but you fellas get the point :) .

Love thy Marines and poolees.

Pvt. Pile... I mean poolee Poske

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-01-06, 08:34 PM
OK, everyone here needs to calm down, and do it now. This isn't the place for petty arguments, and internet tough guy attitudes are just ridiculous... so if you don't stop I'm kicking everyone's ass!

In all honesty, your attitude ****es me off Brooklyn- but you have every right to your opinions, so it is my problem- not yours. I can't understand why you're interested in the Marine Corps since you make it clear that you don't agree with a single thing you will be called upon to do as a Marine though.

JWG
08-01-06, 08:40 PM
My intentions were not to be such an *******.. and Brooklyn, my friend, I DO WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.. you too, are a Brother because you are a Poolee.

My main message to get acrossed was, no matter how childish or clouded by motivation and adrenaline.. was basically, "Please don't interupt the Motivational mood of our fellow Brothers and Sisters (Poolees, Wananbe's) Motivational levels."

Obviously I thought, and still do, that your post was a bit too serious in response to the Justin's post.. I can see that your intentions were not that.. but was perceived as such.

God Bless ya, Brooklyn. We certainly are VERY different.. but I will always respect you. Brothers and Sisters still fight. Let's stop.. and watch the Spanish dancers like Poske said.. sounds good to me. :thumbup:

Motivated,

Brooklyn
08-01-06, 08:43 PM
In all honesty, your attitude ****es me off Brooklyn- but you have every right to your opinions, so it is my problem- not yours. I can't understand why you're interested in the Marine Corps since you make it clear that you don't agree with a single thing you will be called upon to do as a Marine though.

I believe I'm a right leaning leftist, if there is such a thing, or a centrist liberal, so of course I won't agree with everything you think. You're a republican so our ideals are fundamentally different.

What won't I do if called upon? Will I go to Iraq or some other far away place to fight when ( not if ) I'm told to? Hell yes! Will I obey all other orders my superiors give me? Yes! Do I fear nuclear war? Yes, I do!

Though I don't agree with everything the Bush adminstration does, I never said I would disobey his order. I never claimed I would dodge a fight by running to Canada. I've never backed down or ran from anything in my life, and I sure won't start when it's most important.

Just trying to clear some of my views up. If I'm off base by what you meant by me disagreeing with everything the USMC will call upon me to do, let me know what you really meant and I'll try to explain my position more clearly.

Poskew
08-01-06, 08:50 PM
Eagles and Spanish women ... yesss.. Brooklyn ... Eagles and Spanish women... yeahhhhhh.. JWG is on the same page as I .. I suggest you join to.

Brooklyn
08-01-06, 08:55 PM
Okay, what is Eagles? A singing group or something? Or...birds?

Can I get a burrito?

Jsphsl4204
08-01-06, 08:58 PM
Spanish women have taco-flavored kisses.

J-Lo from South Park thinks so, anyway!

jinelson
08-01-06, 10:18 PM
OK Thats it you cannot seem to discuss these subjects without verbally attacking each other. You are allowed on this site to prepare yourselves to become Marines. Marines may disagree but they do not lower theirselves to this level. As of this minute any threads that can possibly turn political will disappear as soon as I see them. You are here to learn about the Corps and get prepared for the yellow footsteps period. DO I MAKE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR? Brooklyn this is not your first warning or banning for the same thing, it seems something much stronger is in order.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!