PDA

View Full Version : A Little Recognition

jinelson
07-31-06, 01:51 PM
As the Squad Leader of the Recruit Forums I have noticed that I am quick to jump and reprimand members for failure to abide by our rules. Unfortunately I am very short on recognizing members for going above and beyond what I would expect of Recruit Forum member. I hope to rectify that short coming with this thread.

JWG formerly LittleDevilDog - Jon Gill, Front And Center Wannabe!

You have distinguished yourself and set a proper motivational attitude and leadership example in the Recruit Forums! You have been a great help to myself and the rest of our staff during my absence, as you took it upon yourself to help maintain order and discipline within the recruit forums with your liasion with our moderators. These forums continued just as they would had I been present. You have provided constant motivation , support and team building among your forum peers. Although these leadership abilities seem to you to be expected I am here to tell you that they are indeed over and above the expectations of a 14 year old wannbe in these forums. I hereby would like you commend you and above all thank you for all your contributions and help to this forum. Your attitude will serve you well as you progress to Poolee status and especially Marine Recruit Training and our Corps!

OORAH!!! Jon Gill :flag:

Jim Nelson :usmc:

outlaw3179
07-31-06, 02:09 PM
Semper Fi Mini Devil Pup!

ssgtt32
07-31-06, 02:11 PM
Jim, outstanding!

:flag: Congradulations Jon on your Certificate of Apprecation (although it is not a certificate, it is the next best thing) keep up the good work at keeping us and the poolees/wannabes Motivated!:iwo:

Semper Fi!
Maurice

Ssands
07-31-06, 02:12 PM
Congrats guys, you earned it.

yellowwing
07-31-06, 02:42 PM
Well Done, Jon, Well Done!

Barret
07-31-06, 02:44 PM
Hey, JWG, This may offend some Poolees, but I must say: You have got to be the most motivated, dedicated, to the Corps Poolee I have ever seen. I honestly can see you as a Marine already, which I cannot say for some. Many people go to MCRD San Diego/Parris Island and have a love and respect for the Marine Corps that most will never know. You already have a Love and Respect for the Corps that I have never seen in a 14 year old. This is a little dramatic, but the American people should be lucky to have you on their side, fighting for them.

The Sandman
07-31-06, 02:44 PM
Amen, well deserved.

Osotogary
07-31-06, 02:55 PM
It's hard to realize that JWG is still a "wee butt" (not derogatory) because of his exhibited aplomb in both thought and speech (typed). Well done, Jon.
Jim- It's good that you took the time out to acknowledge JWG. That was a fine NCO gesture.

Lithium
07-31-06, 03:15 PM
Good job JWG! You really are one of the most motivated people I have ever met.

Mama
07-31-06, 03:46 PM
awesome job Jon!!!!:yes:

Well Done indeed!:yes:

:flag:

Keep in up young pup

Camper51
07-31-06, 03:47 PM
I join Jim in his congratulations, JWG. You are very deserving and I look forward to the day you step on the yellow footprints. You will be an asset to the Corps.

Thank you,

Dave

JWG
07-31-06, 04:29 PM
Wow.. guys, kinda caught me off my feet. Thank you!

I'm not one to like attention or recognition, although that may sound dumb.

I just hate to see me get recognition when my goal was to bring the Poolees and Wannabe's together as ONE, motivating each other, TOGETHER.

So, please.. SSgt. Recognize ALL of the Poolees and Wannabe's here and ALL the Marines on Leatherneck and the founders of Leatherneck, for ALLOWING me to be so Motivated and to pass it on to many others before and with me

...on this JOURNEY TO THE CORPS!

GOD BLESS YA'LL. YOU GUYS ARE TRULY LIKE BROTHERS TO ME. Some people tell me I'm too "Gung-Ho" and I'm glad I didn't listen. Thank you!

This goes out to ALL OF MY FELLOW POOLEES AND WANNABE'S and ALL of Marines from the beginning and to the very future of the Marine Corps.

Again.. please, everyone, RECOGNIZE ALL of the Poolees, Wannabe's, and ESPECIALLY YOURSELVES. This Wannabe's motivation would not be where it is at without ALL OF YOU and Leatherneck!

MOTO!!!!

Motivated and VERY THANKFUL,

-Jon :iwo:

jinelson
07-31-06, 04:46 PM
As you were Jon, I hear what you are saying and again the leadership you exhibit is shown in the finest traditions of our Corps. Someday when you become a Staff Non Commissioned Officer or Squad Leader you can make those calls but for now the task is on my plate. I am proud of all of our wannabes and Poolees and always have been as they bring fresh blood and ideas to our Corps and keep it full of life and refreshed. And I will ehco what Drill Instructors have told me in the past recruits that are Leatherneck.com members are more prepared and tend to do better than those who are not. That says a lot for all of us. But for now you are commended and recognized live with it you rate it.

RAH!!! Jim

JWG
07-31-06, 05:08 PM
Aye Aye, SSgt!

Thank you.

Jsphsl4204
07-31-06, 05:21 PM
No one deserves it more than you, man. :-)

His_angel
07-31-06, 08:07 PM
Congrats Jon.

Marine84
07-31-06, 09:00 PM
Now THAT'S motivating!

jinelson
08-01-06, 01:07 AM
That it is Kim, that it is for sure and it makes me proud.

wsimkins
08-01-06, 02:26 AM
Good work Jon! Good darn work.

LDO Capt
08-01-06, 07:35 AM
Sorry I missed the formation!!!

Congrats JWG...very much deserved. Keep up the good work.

R/
Capt G

thedrifter
08-01-06, 07:56 AM
Jim I couldn't say it was any better...;)

Great Job Young man,
Stay on course and Your goal you will accomplish..

Ellie

quillhill
08-01-06, 04:37 PM
Mmmhmm. 14 going on 40 ... reminds me a bit of another Leatherneck member who joined long before I got here but was a mere mini Devil Pup when he came aboard and is now a fine Marine, a hero, in fact. And that, JWG, is a compliment.

Congratulations on the recognization, Pup. It is well-deserved, IMHO. It is a high compliment to be recognized publicly by SSgt Nelson, high praise indeed.

JWG
08-01-06, 05:03 PM
Kris:

Thank you, very much! Do you mind telling me of the Leatherneck Marine you speak of?

Motivated,

Mmmhmm. 14 going on 40 ... reminds me a bit of another Leatherneck member who joined long before I got here but was a mere mini Devil Pup when he came aboard and is now a fine Marine, a hero, in fact. And that, JWG, is a compliment.

Congratulations on the recognization, Pup. It is well-deserved, IMHO. It is a high compliment to be recognized publicly by SSgt Nelson, high praise indeed.

WannabeDevildog
08-02-06, 02:56 AM
Congrats Jon, you truly deserve it. It's hard to believe you're only 14 when you have more maturity than most 20 year olds I know! I've only been here at Leatherneck for a short time, but I must say you've done the most to motivate myself and all the other poolees and wannabes on this site. Well done! You still got a while but I believe you will make an OUTSTANDING Marine, and I would be damn proud to serve next to you.

JWG
08-02-06, 06:44 AM
Congrats Jon, you truly deserve it. It's hard to believe you're only 14 when you have more maturity than most 20 year olds I know! I've only been here at Leatherneck for a short time, but I must say you've done the most to motivate myself and all the other poolees and wannabes on this site. Well done! You still got a while but I believe you will make an OUTSTANDING Marine, and I would be damn proud to serve next to you.

Hey, brother, it's a passing thing.. Motivating each other is. I just pour it out, and it recycles itself!

I'm more than proud and looking forward to serving with each and every one of ya'll on here, as well!

Just remember me and every other Wannabe and Poolee waiting back here. Remeber that we have to go through the same hell for 13 weeks.. but you're another step ahead. STAY MOTO!!

Motivated,

rb1651
08-02-06, 03:00 PM
Congrats to you Jon. As others have said, you have done a great job on this site.

JWG
08-02-06, 03:43 PM
Congrats to you Jon. As others have said, you have done a great job on this site.

Thank you, Mr. Bothwell. I'm doing it for not only myself.. but for my fellow Wannabe Marines and Pool(ee) Brothers and Sisters here on Leatherneck.

God Bless 'Em.. and GOD BLESS YOU.

Motivated,

quillhill
08-02-06, 05:33 PM
Kris:

Thank you, very much! Do you mind telling me of the Leatherneck Marine you speak of?

Motivated,

Youngun, I've seen some of his posts on this board from back in the day when he was in high school as a moto wannabe, and you remind me very much of Seeley, then and now. I think SSgt Nelson might agree.

You should go back and read some of his posts from three or for years ago...you may see a little of yourself, there, mini Devil Pup.

JWG
08-02-06, 10:38 PM
Youngun, I've seen some of his posts on this board from back in the day when he was in high school as a moto wannabe, and you remind me very much of Seeley, then and now. I think SSgt Nelson might agree.

You should go back and read some of his posts from three or for years ago...you may see a little of yourself, there, mini Devil Pup.

Kris:

That I will do.. thank you! :thumbup: :beer:

Motivated,