PDA

View Full Version : DQ From MEPS For Accutane

WJason777
07-31-06, 09:17 AM
When i went to meps last week they asked me if i took any pill in the last 48 hours, i told them yes witch was accutane, when i got to the part to see the doctor he told me that i will not be able to get sworn in today and i will have to wait 60 days because the use of this medicine. Is there a way that i could get something from the doctor saying that its ok or something like that? The doctor had me to do a blood test a while back to make sure everything ok. I told them that the pills or just for acne and there harmless but they still said i have to wait 60 days. Is there a way around this? I have and appointment to see the doctor today should i ask for a waver?

wsimkins
07-31-06, 11:30 AM
So you're not DQ'd, just have to wait 60 days? Wait the 60 and get sworn in. That's only 2 more months. That's small stuff. Don't sweat the small stuff. You'll get there.

WJason777
08-05-06, 03:29 PM
I dicided that i am going to stop taking the medacine until after boot came, because the doctor said i want be off it until another 2 months, plus i will have to wait another 60 days after the date i stop taking it, so i am just going to stop taking it. If everything goes well i can get sworn in on Sept. 25:)

jinelson
08-05-06, 04:02 PM
Thats good news!

tkmac58
08-06-06, 07:57 PM
When i went to meps last week they asked me if i took any pill in the last 48 hours, i told them yes witch was accutane, when i got to the part to see the doctor he told me that i will not be able to get sworn in today and i will have to wait 60 days because the use of this medicine. Is there a way that i could get something from the doctor saying that its ok or something like that? The doctor had me to do a blood test a while back to make sure everything ok. I told them that the pills or just for acne and there harmless but they still said i have to wait 60 days. Is there a way around this? I have and appointment to see the doctor today should i ask for a waver?
Oral accutane is nomally a 6 week wait, if you would have used it topically you would be good to go. If the Meps doctor already has it documented youll have to wait the time. Its a ***** sometimes, did you tell your recruiter, if not you could of saved yourself a trip.

TKMAC58

WJason777
08-07-06, 01:58 PM
yeah i told him

WJason777
08-07-06, 02:00 PM
Well i now i have and appointment for Meps on the 25th or Sept. so i am just going to go with that

WJason777
09-05-06, 10:37 AM
Update
Well, i have a waver for my doctor that i gave to my RS, but its dated that i stop taking the pill on July 31, 2006. Will i still be able to keep my appointment for MEPS on Sept 25.?