PDA

View Full Version : Motivational - 7/31/06

JWG
07-31-06, 08:01 AM
Patriotism

Pledge of Allegiance
(As originally recited on his TV show)
I've been listening to you boys and girls recite the Pledge of Allegiance all semester and it seems as though it is becoming monotonous to you. If I may, may I recite it and try to explain to you the meaning of each word?"
<CENTER><TABLE cellPadding=10 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>I-- me, an individual, a committee of one.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Pledge -- dedicate all of my worldly goods to give without self pity.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Allegiance -- my love and my devotion. </TD></TR><TR><TD>To the flag -- our standard, Old Glory, a symbol of freedom. Wherever she waves, there's respect because your loyalty has given her a dignity that shouts freedom is everybody's job!</TD></TR><TR><TD>United -- that means that we have all come together.</TD></TR><TR><TD>States -- individual communities that have united into 48 great states. Forty-eight individual communities with pride and dignity and purpose; all divided with imaginary boundaries, yet united to a common purpose, and that's love for country.
</TD></TR><TR><TD>And to the republic -- a state in which sovereign power is invested in representatives chosen by the people to govern. And government is the people and it's from the people to the leaders, not from the leaders to the people. <WBR> </TD></TR><TR><TD>For which it stands, one nation -- one nation, meaning "so blessed by God"</TD></TR><TR><TD>Indivisible -- incapable of being divided. </TD></TR><TR><TD>With liberty -- which is freedom -- the right of power to live one's own life without threats, fear or some sort of retaliation.</TD></TR><TR><TD>And Justice -- the principle or quality of dealing fairly with others.</TD></TR><TR><TD>For all -- which means, boys and girls, it's as much your country as it is mine.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country
and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance...
UNDER GOD
Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said
that is a prayer
and that would be eliminated from schools too?

God Bless America!

http://www<WBR>.juntosociety.com/patriotism<WBR>/rspledge.html

rproctor922
07-31-06, 12:45 PM
Somewhere In Iraq Sunday, 30-Mar-2003

Martin Savidge of CNN, embedded with the 1st Marine battalion, 1st Marine Division, was talking with 4 young Marines near his foxhole this morning live on CNN. He had been telling the story of how well the Marines had been looking out for and taking care of him since the war started. He went on to tell about the many hardships the Marines had endured since the war began and how they all look after one another.

He turned to the four and said he had cleared it with their commanders and they could use his video phone to call home. None of these Marines had been able to talk with their families for many weeks. The 19 year old Marine next to him asked Martin if he would allow his platoon sergeant to use his call to call his pregnant wife back home whom he had not been able to talk to in over a month. A stunned Savidge, who was visibly moved by the request, nodded his head - yes. The young Marine ran off to get the sergeant.

Savidge recovered after a few seconds and turned back to the three young Marines still sitting with him. He asked which one of them would like to call home first? The Marine closest to him responded with out a moments hesitation, "Sir, if is all the same to you we would like to call the parents of a buddy of ours. Lance Cpl Brian Buesing of Cedar Key, Florida, who was killed on the 23rd of March near Nasiriya. We would like to see how his folks are doing and let them know their son died bravely."

At that Martin Savidge totally broke down and was unable to speak. All he could get out before signing off was;

"Where do they get young men like this?"

Source: Major Steve Motley, U.S. Marine Corps (Ret)

WannabeDevildog
07-31-06, 04:01 PM
Esprit de Corps at its Finest

<TABLE class=sectional cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=1 width="78%" summary="Sectional Table"><TBODY><TR><TD id=cellcolleft>

In December of 1998, a Marine officer relayed a story told by Lt.Gen. Tommy R. Franks, who commands the 3rd U.S. Army and U.S. Army Forces Central Command:

"After all the briefs, the general ended the meeting relating a visit he made with the American ambassador to (Battalion Landing Team) 2/4 today, just hours after the accident," the officer wrote. "The general reminded the assembled officers that Marines live in holes and don't have a house to live in like 'heavy forces.' No tank or lots of tents to sleep in. They carry their 'house' on their back and they live in fighting holes. Although the Marines had just lost a buddy (in a humvee accident), their spirit was 'uplifting'.

"He said a question by the ambassador to a Marine private drove the point home. The ambassador asked a private sitting in his hole, 'how is it here in the hole?' The private answered, 'Kind of like the beach without water.' The ambassador then asked, 'If you could get something, what would you like to have?'

"Lt. Gen. Franks related most of us would have answered, 'a hot meal', 'a cot', 'a shower,' but this Marine private said, 'I could use some more ammunition.'

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jinelson
07-31-06, 04:07 PM
I really do like how these motivational threads are taking off. The moto rubs off, my thanks to Jon and all the others that contribute to them.

Camper51
07-31-06, 04:23 PM
Jon,

I believe that one Mr. Red Skelton (yes, THAT Red Skelton) should be credited with your posting. Red recorded this many years ago and I have always had to clear some eye leakage every time I have read or heard it. Great post...

JWG
07-31-06, 04:32 PM
Jon,

I believe that one Mr. Red Skelton (yes, THAT Red Skelton) should be credited with your posting. Red recorded this many years ago and I have always had to clear some eye leakage every time I have read or heard it. Great post...

Yes, Sir.

Of course he should, please don't think that wasn't my intentions when I posted the 'Source' of the information at the bottom.

**Dedicated to Mr. Red Skelton .. a TRUE American!! God Bless Him!**