PDA

View Full Version : Women in the Corp

Stahice
01-02-03, 11:19 AM
I'm 16, (and a woman) and I'm planning on joining the Corp in a year. I've heard some bad things about the Marines. (i.e. Women treated as sexual objects; harassment) I'd like to hear your opinions on this. (Both Men & Women alike)

Stahice

Gunner42
01-02-03, 01:14 PM
:banana:
Hey Stahice, I was in the Corps for over 22 years. There is always going to be the 10 percent that treat our Women Marines as sexual objects, but as a whole, the Marine Corps treats their women with the respect and admiration that any other Marines earns and deserves. It is truly unfortunate that we will always have that 10 percent, but if you stand strong and unite with the other 90 percent....we can beat the harassment that is going on.

Semper fi, and good luck to you.

Live for today, because tomorrow may never come!

USMC_INFANTRY
01-02-03, 04:15 PM
STAHICE:

JUST LIKE ANYWHERE AND ANYTHING IN LIFE, YOU WILL BE TREATED THE WAY YOU ALLOW OTHERS TO TREAT YOU. HOW ONE CONDUCT THEMSELVE DURING AND OFF HOURS CAN EFFECT HOW ONE IS LOOKED AT.
FAR AS BEING TREATED AS A SEXUAL OBJECT, OR HARASSMENT; IF IT SHOULD HAPPEN, IT'S UP TO THE VICTIM TO MAKE SURE THAT JUSTICE IS SERVED, AND MORE THAN SLAPS ON THE WRIST ARE DONE. REGAURLESS HOW ANY MARINE FEELS ABOUT WOMEN IN THE MARINE CORPS, WE HAVE WOMEN AND THEY ARE MARINE'S AND MUST BE TREATED AS MARINES, NOT MEN OR WOMEN...AWARDS, AND PUNISHMENTS.
SEMPER FI.:marine: