PDA

View Full Version : This is why I joined

Accord
07-30-06, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcK837vp1AE

Lithium
07-30-06, 10:48 PM
I heard this the other day. This is exactly why I joined.

kovanfleet
07-31-06, 12:59 AM
when i herd him say "oh god" at the end it was like a dagger through my heart. god bless those people who went through the same.

SmokeyBandit
07-31-06, 10:49 AM
I will do my best for people like you Kevin!

JWG
07-31-06, 11:04 AM
God Bless AMERICA...

Thank you for sharing this.

Covey_Rider
07-31-06, 01:21 PM
That stirred up alot of old emotions. I'm not even sure what to say right now but my blood is up and I'm ready to go right now but I can't. Month and a half and I'll be gone to start training so that I may fight to prevent that kind of crap. I'm speechless...

Barret
07-31-06, 02:35 PM
That was........I really don't know what to say. I will say right now that if we all become Marines, I will be damn proud to fight or die with every single one of you. This is why we fight. I cannot believe there are those who say we should just leave the terrorist orginizations alone, because they say if we do, they will leave us alone. We must all fight to keep this from happening again. You fellow Poolees/Wannabes are a cut above the rest if you truly want to fight for this country. And to all Servicemembers, Never give up, Never quit. Your Sacrifices are the building blocks to preserve freedom.

WannabeDevildog
08-01-06, 12:42 AM
That brought back a lot of memories and emotions. I was sittin' in freshman geometry when they told us the WTC was hit. We started talking about it and I predicted we'd ge goin' to war. People didn't agree but one month later we were in Afghanistan. Really reminds me of why I want to serve. And it blows my mind how some people act like they totally forgot what happened on that horrible day.

JWG
08-01-06, 08:51 AM
I guess I was Gung-Ho before I even knew about the Corps.. ok story time all. Now, everyone sit Indian Style..

I was in 4th grade, and I was walking down the hall returning from my usual fake "bathroom trip" of the hour to get out of class for 5-6 minutes.

As I was walking down the hall.. and I'll never forget it.. each class room, the door got more closed, it seemed. The TV was on, and I could see the flickering of the light on the HUGE eyes of the students and teachers watching it. All I saw was buildings with alot of smoke and fire and people talking and acting like I've never seen before as a 4th grader.

I finally arrived at the end of the hall to my 4th grade classroom. I ran and told the teacher something was happening and to turn the TV on. (I was a demanding little feller, haha.)

Well, what do ya know.. she went and spoke to another teacher.. and
she came back, ignoring it. She didn't say one thing to the class.. and then I went back up begging her to turn it on. They weren't going to show 9/11 to the kids because "It's something your parents need to decide if you should watch."

WTF? After I got home and saw it on TV.. it wasn't real to me. Only lately is becoming more real and realler. Something like that seems like a movie or a dream.. it was crazy. But what got me.. is that they DIDNT SHOW THE KIDS...

That's something EVERYONE should see.. so they don't FORGET that feeling they felt, when you first saw it.. and then saw the second plane hit.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.. GOD BLESS THE MARINE CORPS!!!! MOTO!!!!!!!

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo: :evilgrin:

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-01-06, 12:37 PM
Everytime I hear the words of Mr. Cosgrove it rips my heart out. There are emotions that I cannot explain, and others that I simply will not. Regardless, it is up to each one of us to ensure that something like this never happens again.

tomd7735
08-02-06, 09:24 AM
Fellow MARINES, I was devastated when I arose one morning at 0700, getting ready for my civilian job, and turned on the TV news. Work was forgotten. The job was lost. It was like our own Pearl Harbor, generations later. I am proud of what our MARINES are doing in the middle east, unfortunately I am too old to re-up. Never set on your assets. Semper Fidelis, L/CPL Tom Duchesneau, Vietnam Veteran from Connecticut

SmokeyBandit
08-02-06, 11:13 AM
Kind of interesting on how almost all 9/11 topics turn to where were you...
I figure I'll give it a go. I was going to a private Catholic school and I was in 7th grade and we were reading a book on Joan of Arc ironically(I still remembered how much I hated that book, it was way too advanced and hard to read for 7th graders. I'd like to give it a second go one of these days). I remember my teacher who was quite an older lady's daughter came in and started speaking in a hushed tone (we were suppose to be reading, and I was bored, heh, I was such a slacker in Jr. High). Anyways they turned on the TV and we saw a building on fire and alot smoke. Eventually this got most of the classes attention and we were suppose to be reading so our teacher turned it around so we couldn't see it and she yelled at us to, "READ!" So we went back to reading. I remember our teachers daughter eventually broke into tears. Then at lunch with the other class they told us a second building was hit and had fallen(they're teacher let them watch it.

Once I got home I was hooked on the TV and learned that the Pentagon was hit as well. I remember joking with my dad, "well, there goes our new tax cuts." But most of all I was just stunned like any other American. Since then I have been paying quite a bit of attention on the War on Terror. In the last two years or so I have decided that I'm to be a US Marine to keep that BS from happening ever again. Not on my watch! To me it's more than calling to protect this country, and I'm sure many other Poolees and Marines can relate to me.

DWG
08-02-06, 11:34 AM
This should be shown in every public school in the country at least twice a year. Too many have forgotten and become complacent-will it take another, more horrific, attack to finally spur the people of this country to recognize WWIII when it's snapping at their ass?

DaveXIII90
08-02-06, 11:58 AM
Wow. I must say, hearing him scream "OH GOD! OH-...".... felt exactly what someone else stated on this thread: like a dagger in your chest.... I am someone who is very good at staying out of shock, not crying, and not breaking down when I see people die infront of me or when I loose a loved one- not because I hide it and wait for the depression to build up, but i instead analyze what has happend and move on with my life knowing that they are in a better place. Well, when I heard those words at the end of the video, I almost cried- and I'll tell ya', I have seen an F14 Tomcat blow up infront of me at an airshow, killing two people, I have seen my grandfather die, I have recently lost my grandmother (One of the last holocaust survivors) from my fathers side and my uncle (i lost both of these family members within one month of eachother), I have seen many things that most people would ot have seen at such a young age- and I was able to stay sane and keep from crying when all those happend- but when I heard the words "Oh god! oh-"... I think, just maybe, that someone was reaching out to me, maybe God, maybe it was mr Cosgrove himself, putting the exact feeling of that moment into my mind, for me to experience- because when i heard those words, I immediately pictured absolute horror, fear, that "I dont want to die! please not now!" feeling, and many other sharp emotions- I do not think words are powerful enough to describe what some people, myself included, felt/feel when they hear the last words of Mr.Cosgrove. I am going to make many sacrifices, make many changes, and not take everything for granted- i will do this so I can EARN the title of becoming a Marine, and I will be ready for whatever this country needs me for, at all times. God bless America, and every innocent victim of the WTC 9/11 attacks. I would imagine that many of you feel the same way.

Barret
08-02-06, 12:16 PM
I think I was in the 5th grade, sitting in class, and really was too young to know how much of an impact this would take on the world. I remember school letting out, and going by the local gas station and town, and seeing: UNLEADED: 4.50/gallon. It was insane. It would take me a few days to understand just how bad this was, and what is was all about.

Curt Geezus
08-02-06, 04:17 PM
The video isnt on there anymore. What is it just a 9/11 tribute I guess? Or was there something different?

Barret
08-02-06, 04:23 PM
It was a 9-1-1 call from a man up in the top of the second tower. It's pretty bad, It brings back alot of emotions. In the very end you can hear him scream "Oh God" and then you realize that he was screaming, because the tower he was in had just started to collapse.

SmokeyBandit
08-02-06, 10:18 PM
What the heck, youtube, removed the link? Political correctness is really getting on my nerves.

Found it posted a second time
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ugwtPkMH2U&search=cosgrove

SmokeyBandit
08-02-06, 10:30 PM
For some reason I can't edit my post so I apoligize for double posting. Here's another link incase youtube removes that one...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6153571569908791678&q=kevin+cosgrove