PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for MEPS Tomorrow

dodint
07-30-06, 07:41 PM
I'm finally going to MEPS tomorrow. It marks the end of a long hard effort, and I'm relieved. I've lost almost 60lbs and have turned myself around physically.

In addition, I've gotten the doctors to approve my MEPS visit despite the fact I was on anti-depressents when I was younger. I only share that to give other prospective Marines hope if they're trying to get approval for similar situations.

I'm processing out of Jacksonville, NC. I don't have much to say other than thanks for having such a great resource here, and wish me luck. If everything goes well and I get the ship date I want, I'll graduate on my birthday, which is also my Dads birthday, and he is a former Marine as well. It'd be very cool.

I'll post again when I get back on Tuesday night. :thumbup:

JWG
07-30-06, 08:37 PM
Wow.. if you graduate on the planned date, that would be WONDERFUL.

Good luck, my friend! :thumbup:

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

kovanfleet
07-30-06, 09:53 PM
great! thats awesome work loosing the weight when you get back you'll officially be a poolee, the first step to become a Marine.

jennifer
07-30-06, 10:59 PM
Congrats there Devil Pup and come visit us when you get out!! Good Luck and Semper Fidelis!

dodint
08-03-06, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the motivation. I've passed everything and am now DEP'd. :D

I'm extremely motivated. In fact, the pure confidence that came with getting in took 2 mins off my 2 mile time. Amazing stuff.

My ship date is 20061006 but I'm hoping to get moved up to 20060925 if I can.

Thanks again.

jinelson
08-03-06, 10:39 PM
Awesome job Nathan I bet your Dad is proud. You list your home town as Cherry Point is that as in the Marine Corps Air Station, if it is I spent some time there myself. I just added you as a buddy on my profile.

Congratulations Poolee Gess

Jim

Curt Geezus
08-03-06, 11:54 PM
Be prepared for the most boring day of your life! But you'll be proud.