PDA

View Full Version : to old out 2 long

1jarhead06
07-29-06, 03:24 PM
i was told 2day iam 2 old 2 reenlist iam 37 former MARINE an if i didnt have 6or8 yrs in to go try the army now as marines you know what i said . Now my question is if I join the army can i cross back over with a certain amount of time in or not ? the reenlistment recruiter didnt know. and said he was sorry thier was nothing he could do.I would appreciate any help on this ! an SEMPER FI !:flag:

Phantom Winger
07-30-06, 04:23 PM
Are you talking to a prior service recruiter? There are two routes you can persue for the reserves, SMCR (you are assigned to one specific unit for the duration of your enlistment) or IMA in which you "contract" yourself to a unit for 3 yrs. The IMA route draws upon your civilian work experience and attempts to match your skills with nearby units.

If any recruiters are around feel free to correct me.

If you haven't spoken with a PSR you may try that route. Don't give up - it's taken me about 7 mos to get as far as I have.

Semper Fi!

1jarhead06
07-30-06, 05:11 PM
i talked to a reenlistment recruiter he told me iam to old because for how long ive been out i would have needed to have served 6yrs or more in the corps . he told me to try the army my question is if i join the army can i try getn back in the corp that way?

J-Ro
07-30-06, 05:34 PM
keep your head up 1Jarhead I'm sure you will be able to do a inservice trasfer once you've done sometime with the army, you might not want too though I heard they wipe you ass for you (lol)

Phantom Winger
07-30-06, 06:30 PM
i talked to a reenlistment recruiter he told me iam to old because for how long ive been out i would have needed to have served 6yrs or more in the corps . he told me to try the army my question is if i join the army can i try getn back in the corp that way?

If you're 37 with 6 yrs of service you shouldn't need a waiver for age. You will need a waiver for your separation being longer than 3 yrs. Keep buggin' the recruiter and ask for the waiver. S/F

1jarhead06
07-30-06, 08:43 PM
i dont have 6yrs thats what he said i needed to make up my time ive been out an thanks for ur replies i need all the help i can get lol . I was dumb for waiting so long had sum stuff holding me back but ill over come an adapt ! semper fi