PDA

View Full Version : Todays World - My Generation : Zero Intelligence

JWG
07-29-06, 01:44 PM
Is it just me, or is it that the more time goes on, we grow in intelligence, and then decline in it?

Generation Zero Intelligence it seems I've been born into.

Before, it was honorable and respected when someone chose to join the Marines or any other armed services. People honored them, because they were too afraid or unable to do such a honorable deed and task.

Today, you are given **** and cracked jokes by your "friends" and "peers" when you decide to join the 'Jarheads' and 'Fags' (Because the USMC is part of the Navy, my "friends" decide to use that.) because they are "too good" to join the Military or the Marines. That's just fine and dandy, but instead of honoring the people who do the honorable deed, they make fun of them because they are INSECURE and don't want the BRAVE ONES to be RIGHTLY HONORED.

Let me rant on this first one, real quick, if you don't mind.

How the **** can they say such things, have they forgotten the Marines who are dieing everyday to defend their scrawny pussy asses? It is SO UNBELEIVEABLE that they say such things about the Marine Corps.. how dare they? A true case of, "Bite the hand that ****ing protects your ass."

Like my good friend, Tim, who is also a member of this board says, "I **** on my generation."

NO TRUER WORDS FOR MYSELF! :thumbdown :evilgrin:

-------

GOD BLESS the Marine Corps, God Bless it's Brothers and Sisters.. and GOD BLESS all of you, my friends, fellow Wannabe Marines and Poolee's who are the HONORABLE and BRAVE ones.

We must stick together, a family, ALWAYS!

MOTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,

-Jon :iwo:

jennifer
07-29-06, 08:29 PM
Alls I got to say about this is F/UCK em!! Do you see them joining ANY of the armed forces?? NOOOOO!! Forget about em and punch em in the face next time they say something like that! HAHA, j/k, but really forget em and f/uck em!!

jennifer
07-29-06, 08:29 PM
Alls I got to say about this is F/UCK em!! Do you see them joining ANY of the armed forces?? NOOOOO!! Forget about em and punch em in the face next time they say something like that! HAHA, j/k, but really forget em and f/uck em!!

Christansen
07-29-06, 09:17 PM
No sense in (using/bring up) the sacrifices of many good and honorable men and women in order to win a fight with a few d*p****s. If they're that ignorant, is it really worth "going there" in the first place..? Just stop it before it starts, bro. Save the rants and raves for a more formidable opponent... (i.e. - an individual that presents you with a series of facts and just causes as to why he/she feels the way he/she does) ... and not some lil b*tch that just got brainwashed by a greenday album!

- Fellow member of your generation

Barret
07-29-06, 10:38 PM
Hey man, I say put them on their ass. I've fought my friends before, most of the time it strengthens the friendship.

Mama
07-29-06, 10:48 PM
Kaydra had more than a few of her friends "give her "sh*t" for joining the Corps...and not in a good way...
by teh end of her Senior year she was down to 2 friends in school, her teachers (all but drama...go figure) and her fellow poolees for friends...

She can flat go off, and she did several times, putting them in their place...it was the end of the friendship...but she didn't care...she's wanted to be a Marine so long she didn't care the price...and the price was pretty high for a teenager...

She wasn't popular any longers and most of the friends she'd had since 5th grade turned away from her...she stuck it out, and now she's at PI earning her EGA

The problem with kids??? They weren't raised to respect their Country, their Flag or their Freedom....its' all about them...what they want...not what will make it work...

Barret
07-29-06, 11:05 PM
I applaud you daughter defending her choice, but I gotta say: Girl fights and guy fights are a very different thing. Guys mostly just get all the testosterone running, then fight, then forget about it, but females carry a grudge. Hell hath no fury like a woman.:bunny:

Barret
07-29-06, 11:06 PM
And I do find it said that a majority of the population ask what their country can do for them, not what they can do for their country.

Mama
07-29-06, 11:14 PM
LOL Barrett....Kaydra's not your average girl....she doesn't hold a grudge...once you've crossed the line...you just simply don't exist in her universe anymore heh

JWG
07-29-06, 11:43 PM
Thanks guys, until I am a Poolee and in DEP, it's somtimes VERY HARD to find others who understand.

THANK GOD FOR LEATHERNECK

Oh, yea, thanks for reading and responding to my 'rant.' It helped, and I appreciate it very much!

Like I said: God Bless AMERICA.. and all of it's citizens who CARE FOR HER. Ya'll are already like family, and even more so when I get that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor!

MOTO!!!

Motivated,

WannabeDevildog
07-30-06, 12:34 AM
I think Mama replied to a post I put up asking who got static for wanting/joining the Marine Corps. I think I posted it in the "Ask a Marine" section. I should have posted it here. For a while I thought I was the only one who got sh** for it.
I was talking to a guy I work with a month ago. He was moanin' about how his boss is such a b**ch lately. I happen to be good friends with the lady's son who happens to be at MCRD San Diego right now. Anyway this was before he shipped out. I told him that she's really the friendliest lady he'll ever meet, and her son's going to boot soon so lay off.
All he does is chuckle and pop of with "Only F*** ups join the military"
Needless to say, we don't speak to each other any more.
"Don't you realize that the same people you are knockin' are the ones protecting your right to be a smart a$$? And I plan on joining the Marines too. Do you think I'm a fu## up?!!"
I agree JWG, our generation has NO RESPECT

How the **** can they say such things, have they forgotten the Marines who are dieing everyday to defend their scrawny pussy asses? It is SO UNBELEIVEABLE that they say such things about the Marine Corps.. how dare they? A true case of, "Bite the hand that ****ing protects your ass."

I don't think it's been forgotten, it's just the fact that they don't care. Our generation has never had to work for anything, and they take it all for granted. By the way it pi$$es me of too!!! I'm with ya all the way.

The Sandman
07-30-06, 01:42 AM
Seriously, to hell with them dude. I know you're pretty young bro so you pick up on the way other people say trash and take it personally. That being said I shall let you in on something, they dont mean a thing. When you are off fighting some war and living in glory with your brothers under God. They will be sitting in their cubicle trying to sell long distance plans to people that hate hearing their voices on the phone. Don't sweat it little brother, they aint ****.

Marine84
07-30-06, 09:37 AM
If you want to keep these people as friends the best thing to do is just not talk to them about it until after you've gotten that Title. Once they see what it does to you - they'll understand - whenever some of my friends introduce me to new people THEY tell them that I'm a Marine - I don't have to tell anybody - if they start asking questions I don't make a big deal out of it - just a "yeah I pulled my 4 and got out type thing". Some folks will never understand. Just remember - pick your fights and you can't fix stupid people.

Now if I have some antiwar protesting doofus pipe up in a crowd and say something stupid - I'll go off like a rocket! EVERYBODY will know I'm a Marine then!

Jsphsl4204
07-30-06, 10:01 AM
I LOL at the ignorance of my generation.

I'm in JROTC, so I have a little sympathy from a few friends who share the opinions I do.

I'm also raised in Columbus, GA. Hell, it might as well be Fort Benning! So living in what can be considered an "army town", you get a more patriotic and understanding vibe from the people.

But there are still fools in society. I wonder if there has always been stupid people, or, if like the tides of today, ignorance and, to an extent, anti-nationalism is a trend now. It does seem that way.

JWG
07-30-06, 11:29 AM
Seriously, to hell with them dude. I know you're pretty young bro so you pick up on the way other people say trash and take it personally. That being said I shall let you in on something, they dont mean a thing. When you are off fighting some war and living in glory with your brothers under God. They will be sitting in their cubicle trying to sell long distance plans to people that hate hearing their voices on the phone. Don't sweat it little brother, they aint ****.

If you want to keep these people as friends the best thing to do is just not talk to them about it until after you've gotten that Title. Once they see what it does to you - they'll understand - whenever some of my friends introduce me to new people THEY tell them that I'm a Marine - I don't have to tell anybody - if they start asking questions I don't make a big deal out of it - just a "yeah I pulled my 4 and got out type thing". Some folks will never understand. Just remember - pick your fights and you can't fix stupid people.

Now if I have some antiwar protesting doofus pipe up in a crowd and say something stupid - I'll go off like a rocket! EVERYBODY will know I'm a Marine then!

Still learning and growing from all these experiences.. so I'm glad it happened. You guys are truly a help, I'm glad I found Leatherneck, you guys are truly like my second family.. and quite literally after Bootcamp. :usmc:

Again.. I keep repeating myself. GOD BLESS ya'll. You guys keep me knowing that there are still GOOD PEOPLE left in this country, easy to see here.

I LOL at the ignorance of my generation.

I'm in JROTC, so I have a little sympathy from a few friends who share the opinions I do.

I'm also raised in Columbus, GA. Hell, it might as well be Fort Benning! So living in what can be considered an "army town", you get a more patriotic and understanding vibe from the people.

But there are still fools in society. I wonder if there has always been stupid people, or, if like the tides of today, ignorance and, to an extent, anti-nationalism is a trend now. It does seem that way.

Take the FINE ADVICE I've been given just now in this thread.. fu&% 'em.

Fools then.. fools now.. they're still dumba*ses all the same. Go get that TITLE! MOTO!!!

Motivated,

Accord
07-31-06, 01:16 AM
Sounds to me like you need to get some new friends, tell them to **** off and never speak to you again. If they really want to remain friends with you, then they'll change their ways, if not, then ****'em.

I was going to say that you'll have 180,000 brand new friends once you earn the title, but you still have 3 or so years until you're old enough to join, so in the mean time get into some Young Marines or JROTC program and make some new friends there.