PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a field.

Marusak
07-29-06, 08:26 AM
Hey everyone, first time posting here and it is with a question. I am enlisting, just waiting on my waver for a surgery I had when I was 3. Problem I am having is deciding which three fields I will choose.

I want to be out there, this may sound dumb or crazy to some but I want to not only see places and things most never will but I want to do my part out there. So 0300 sounds like a good way to go to get that. Any Infantry here willing to tell me what it is like to be Infantry?

I would like to make Combat Engineer, but several of the other MOS's dont appeal to me in the 1300 field. Also I don't want anything that will keep me stateside.

I can get a waver for 1800 field but I would be worried that being 6'3" would make me too tall to spend the next few years in a MBT or AAV.

Basically I am choosing these three so far. The big question really is between choosing 0300 and 1300. I may not want something like bulk fuel but in the end I want to be a Marine so the MOS dosent truly matter. I can re-enlist after my 4 years and choose a different MOS if it just isn't for me right?

Anyway, hope I don't sound retarded with my thoughts on these. I could defentally use the help deciding.

Korling
07-31-06, 09:37 AM
but in the end I want to be a Marine so the MOS dosent truly matter.

You answered your own question...go 03!

Marusak
08-01-06, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the reply! I haven't been able to get around the idea of 03, now I just need to finish my paperwork.