PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

OneDayAMarine
07-28-06, 07:10 PM
I wanted to ask any Marine's prespective on what they think about the world today, not just about the war, but anything and everything. About people, social groups, opinions... anything. (be honest please!) :)

Thanks, Future Devil Dog Onedayamarine, Dustin

wsimkins
07-28-06, 07:35 PM
I'll make the popcorn this time. :beer:

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-28-06, 10:22 PM
WOW, I don't even know if I want to be the first on this one.

How about this... it sucks. Everyone in the middle east has lost their mind. Hezbollah seems to think they can actually beat Israel, terrorists in Iraq think they'll accomplish something by blowing stuff up, and Iran seems to be the only place on earth that doesn't know Iran is next. The Saudis act like our friend, while funding terrorism, and the price oil keeps climbing. North Korea wants to act like a bunch of idiots testing missiles that don't work, and let's not forget China trying to act like they're a superpower themselves.

Simply put, the world seems to be going in the crapper. But, as long as we have a Marine Corps, I feel pretty OK about things.

hrscowboy
07-29-06, 02:44 AM
I have to agree with echo four Bravo this world has went to the toilet, i ask you who drew first blood at pearl Harbor ?? and what did they get for drawing first blood, and atom bomb on 2 major cites and the japs was ready to surrender pronto. This very same thing should happen again. The United states should be just like Israel.. You committ and act on us were coming with everything, No politicial bull crap, No Media allowed, what where going to do to them is going to be 5 times worse. Its time The United states said enough is enough we will buy your oil for 10.00 a barrel and if you dont like it sell it some where else we will get along somehow. As far as the Marine Corps goes WE ARE THE BADDEST MOFOS IN THE WORLD, come play ball with us and we'll shove the bat up your arse...

thedrifter
07-29-06, 05:14 AM
AMEN!

Ellie

Marine84
07-29-06, 12:40 PM
He just HAD to go there didn't he? Open something like this in the poolee hall - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I got the score board, ya'll give me some of that popcorn...............this may just get good

wsimkins
07-29-06, 01:12 PM
I got the score board, ya'll give me some of that popcorn...............this may just get good

wsimkins passes popcorn. Wanna cold beer too? :beer:

His_angel
07-29-06, 05:17 PM
Okay. I'll bite!

First of all, we see a lot more on and about news and world events today than we did 50 or 100 years ago. I'll go back to when I was a child. There were really only 3 sometimes 4 channels. ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS. News was only on certain hours of the day. Though if it was really important then someone might break into the usual programming. We now have 24 hour news channels. MORE channels. Still have newspapers. Plus now we have news magazines and news on the internet. It is a good thing to be educated and up to date on current events. But at some point I think it became too much. People making up stories, quoting out of context, bending the truth, or anything they have to do to make a story seem more sensational. Too much news. Too much competition. Too many reporters just after the negative stories and ignorning anything positive. And just where to most all these reporters come from? They're the same one's who dodged going to Vietnam. Or they grew up with parents who were protestors of Vietnam. "We support our troops. But we don't support Bush or the war." Well freakin DDUH!! Bush is the Commander In Chief. Our troops are at war. Just a contradiction and the last part helps to undermine our efforts. So get the reporters out of the units, off the front lines and out of war zones. We do NOT need them there. And we don't need their negative bull.

Growing up almost everyone had a front porch. People sat on their porches to watch kids play and talk with neighbors. Now people are more concerned with privacy and protection. So porches are few and far inbetween but fences are everywhere. Don't see kids out playing in groups together. Once in a while I might see one riding a bicycle or trying to hide somewhere to smoke a cigarette. Seems to me most kids are probably inside playing online games, chatting or on myspace. So instead of kids getting to know kids in their neighborhood by playing with them, they're getting to know people online from all states and countries. (And not always other kids.)

There was a time when kids could say the pledge in school but people didn't talk about things like sexuality. Now kids in school are "coming out of the closet" yet they aren't allowed to pray because it might offend someone. Recruiters are not allowed in schools yet they'll let people teach who bash our leaders, talk trash about our troops, and openly talk about their homosexual lifestyles.

Parents used to be able to discipline their children. I know one time I said the word j@ck@$$ and got slapped across the face. Parent gets seen slapping a kid across the face now and someone might call the police for child abuse. And I'm not saying people should be allowed to abuse their children. But it's got to a point where most are scared to even discipline their children for fear of going to jail. I can also remember that if I got in trouble at a neighbors house then I'd get a whippin there and then another one when I got home. And I remember when school staff could paddle or spank as part of their discipline. Now a teacher can not as much as touch a child on the shoulder.

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous? Remember being able to ride a bicycle without a helmet, knee and elbo pads? Remember a time when the only time cartoons were on tv were Saturday morning and shortly after that all the kids were outside playing? Remember when if someone attacked America we would lay the smack down and not give 2 sheets what anyone else thought?

Personally? I'm tired of all the over protective bull. I'm tired of all the politically correct b.s. I'm ticked off by all the negative 24 hour liberally slanted news. I'm p!ssed off by all the folks who complain about who is in office but don't bother to register muchless vote. I'm irate that our borders are still NOT secure and we aren't already putting a bunch of illegals in prison or at least on a plane to Antartica or somewhere. I don't understand why rich people donate millions and sometimes billions of dollars to charities and organizations oversea's when we have plenty of folks here at home that need help. Homeless veterans, veterans hospitals, children living on the streets, pets being killed every day in shelters, medicines for the elderly who can't afford it, help with buiding housing for the poor, and the list could go on and on.

I don't care if it ticks someone off. These are my opinions on what I see wrong with the world today. Or at least from my own little corner of it.

Angel

jinelson
07-29-06, 05:50 PM
Wow Dustin what the heck brought this thought provoking question up? Nice response His angel I remember all that and can even go back further sometimes I wonder how anyone has been able to survive. I remember back in 1967 when Walter Cronkite did a special TV show called "1967 Strange And Terrible Times" (or something close to that) and it really scared me. Man compared to today everything was relatively mellow then.

jennifer
07-29-06, 08:15 PM
HAHA... I agree!! We don't want to get these poolees going like we normally do over in the other threads. :p
He just HAD to go there didn't he? Open something like this in the poolee hall - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Very good response there Angel! Had a little time on your hands?? :p Just Joshin

His_angel
07-29-06, 08:19 PM
HAHA... I agree!! We don't want to get these poolees going like we normally do over in the other threads. :p

Very good response there Angel! Had a little time on your hands?? :p Just Joshin

Had the time and had a LOT more to write. I TRIED to keep it short. Just be glad that's the short version. ;)

Angel

jennifer
07-29-06, 08:26 PM
Short version?? :o LOL!!

marinegreen
07-29-06, 09:03 PM
HEY ! Someone pass me another beer !! this is gonna be one of them good ones. His-Angel just about blew it cuz she has pretty much summed it all up but I think more will be added so in the meantime, I'm gonna sit next to lil jen gulping down some barley pops.SF

His_angel
07-29-06, 10:28 PM
I wrote this a while back but feel it's apropriate for this thread.

We’re black and white and all shades between.
Instead of American it’s other ethnicities that can be seen.
Color, religion, age, political parties and beliefs divide.
When instead we should stand side by side.

Everyone pointing fingers one at the other.
A bigger divide instead of pulling together.
Believing a foreign terrorist on what he said he’s seen.
Instead of believing a United States Marine.

Americans have the freedom of speech.
Speech some use to suck patriotism from others like a leech.
Those who at one time swore to serve and protect
Even now volunteers hide in Canada to defect.

Some protesting funerals and burning flags.
Even some preaching we’re dying because we’re fags.
What has our country come to?
When a preacher and a church group have nothing better to do.

What country is this I live in today?
Did the Founding Fathers ever envision this way?
Few things in history brought us together like one.
How quickly some forget what was done.

We freed many countries in World War II.
Lebanon, Beirut, Kuwait and others too.
When others suffer we come to their aide.
How soon history and memories fade.

There are those who volunteer to protect and serve.
From local law enforcement, firemen, enlisted, officers and reserve.
Far too many fail to give them the respect that’s due.
Most don’t want awards or parades but just a simple “thank you.”

In general the reporters and media are far from fair.
Giving those volunteers a burden that isn’t theirs to bare.
Tried in the press and found guilty for a crime.
All so they can make their precious little dime.

A government that spends billions on medicine, food and money.
Sending it to other nations when needed in our country.
Abused children, homeless and veterans without medical care.
Money and resources that could be used here rather than over there.

Defending populations in far away lands.
Taking their problems into our hands.
Meanwhile our own borders are being overrun.
Immigrants and terrorists taking jobs while bringing their drugs and gun.

I am mad as hell.
I think every American should be.
This is not the country
That I think we’re meant to be.

I’m an American Anglo-Saxon Protestant female.
The only thing worse would to be a male.
A Marine Corps veteran and I’m proud.
I’ll say it again and say it loud.

Yes I’m proud to be an American.
I’ll hold my head high and not bury it in sand.
Some may not comprehend or understand.
I love God, Corps, Old Glory and this land.

I’ll fly Old Glory and don’t care who I offend.
If I see someone trying to burn her then I’ll jump to defend.
I’ll say “Merry Christmas” and I’ll say “God Bless the USA.”
If someone takes offense I am responsible they feel that way.

I will believe what a news reporter has to say
About as much as the worthless office gossip spread each day.
They have rights that protect what they say.
Too bad many can not appreciate how good they have it in the USA.

It makes me angry that too many can not comprehend.
The freedoms they have someone died to defend.
The freedoms they take advantage of or are ignorant about.
They wouldn’t have such freedoms in other countries if we kicked them out.

What country is this that I live in today?
Too many self absorbed people thinking it always has to be their way.
Instead of respecting differences that make us unique
The differences instead are used to feel lesser than or more elite.

We no longer seem to stand indivisible and have justice for all.
Divisions for everything and some just waiting to watch others fall.
Innocent until proven guilty may be true.
But not when it comes to someone who defends the red, white and blue.

A. Carter

Marine84
07-30-06, 09:57 AM
yep - keep the beer flowing ya'll.....................

Marines - 5 points
Poolees - 0 points

My most recent "this one needs to be locked up herself" thing was............there's some stay at home soccer Mom here in Atlanta that's having a freakin conniption about Harry Potter being on the shelves in the school library in her county. Because it promotes magic and some other such nonsense - talk about a frivilous fight! Granted the school board pretty much told her they were'nt taking the books off the shelves so now she's going to a higher court.

And I remember getting my a$$ tapped a bit too when I did stupid $hit - sometimes I even got it for stupid $hit I didn't do - and I didn't grow up to kill people or have some sort of problem with my parents - hell, who didn't have problems with parents at one time or another? I never would have thought to call DFACS on MY parents - they never would have gotten out of jail!

And protective gear to ride a bike? Well, that's just funny.

And how did ya'll learn to drive? It's funny I learned to drive on old country roads - I had a couple of cousins that were older than me and they liked to drink so I would ride them around on the country roads while they drank and then we would go back to their house (they couldn't drink in front of their Mom). These days - you can PAY somebody $300 plus to TEACH you how to drive - WTF?

His_angel
07-30-06, 03:21 PM
Why is it okay for someone to be offended because I was in the Marines but it's not okay for me to be offended that some lil skank bag never worked a day in her life, lives off the government, and complains how she ain't making enough?!?!

Why is it okay for some communities to have laws against flying the AMERICAN FLAG and yet I can be offended to see other flags waving proudly on American soil?!?!

Why is it okay for some parent to protest a book on a public or school library shelf yet it's not okay for me to be offended that "God created the world" as an alternate to the other explanations offered in public schools?!?!

Why is it okay to have pride in one's race or nationality unless one is white and just a friggin melting pot mutt?!?! Come to think of it, why can't someone just live here and be American? Why does it have to be Irish-American, Muslim-American, Japanese-American ... yadda yadda yadda. I'm American and danged proud of it. 1/4 Cherokee but that's secondary. I don't go around saying "I'm Cherokee-American." I'm American period.

Why is it there are laws against flying flags on vehicles because they are considered a "distraction." Yet the only ones I know of that have ever been pulled over are ones flying Old Glory, POW/MIA or a branch of service flag. Never hear of someone getting a ticket for flying their Mexican flag.

Why is it that American companies are hiring non-American workers when we have so many legal Americans out of a job? Then some American companies are closing all together here and opening locations overseas. Meanwhile Americans are buying other country products rather than American products to the point it's hard to find an "American Made" product on the shelves and on the lots.

Why do we have to have classes in schools that teach "English as a 2nd language"?!?! Other countries teach English as a 2nd language but not their own national language as a 2nd language.

And why are some places now entering those who cast a vote in an election into a lottery to win a million dollars?!?! Voting is one of our rights as an American. If someone is too lazy, ignorant or doesn't care enough to vote without being paid for it then they certainly don't deserve to win a million dollars just because it's an incentive. People fought and DIED for the right to vote. And then there are those who don't want to vote? Then don't vote. But don't give away a million dollars when that is tax payer money that can be better spent elsewhere. Besides, it's just beggin for voter fraud so someone can make some money that isn't even a legal voter or tries to vote more than once so they can get better their odds of winning.

When hundreds if not thousands come to the road side and bridge crossovers because a man kidnapped a woman in protest of how he's not being given a chance. A convicted felon who gained support from many for his crime because he felt he was still paying for a crime that happened a few years ago.

Laws are too lenient in most cases. Jail sentences are too short and with good behaviour one can get out even earlier. Prisoners live better than many of those in poverty who can't afford 3 meals a day, a roof over their head muchless cable tv and HBO. Everyone is too worried about offending someone else or being politically correct. Not only are we mollycoddling our children we're mollycoddling society as a whole. Rights of the many are being infringed on every day in the name of the "rights" of the few. We can blame the politicians all we want. They're out of touch with reality for the most part. But it's the votes that put them there. And there are more people not voting than there are people voting. Our history as a nation is being forgotten. Those who fought and died for our rights and freedoms. We're being divided left and right. When all along we were supposed to be united. Even recent history such as 9/11 is being forgotten. In some cases some are already trying to rewrite that history making it a government conspiracy to further their own agenda's.

I grew up in a simplier time. No doubt those older than myself remember a time even more simple. Simple doesn't mean better. But no doubt we were all raised with our own idea's of how we thought things should be or would turn out. And in my opinion is that for the most part things have gone to sh!t. The way I view it we're so busy trying to help the rest of the world create democratic societies that we've forgotten how to be one ourselves.

Angel

Marine84
07-30-06, 07:27 PM
Marines - 10

Poolees - ZIP

outlaw3179
07-30-06, 07:52 PM
Im pretty sure the question wasnt about keeping score.

His_angel
07-30-06, 11:49 PM
Im pretty sure the question wasnt about keeping score.

But once the question is asked the directions it takes is unlimited. Of course you can argue another position. I don't see many others replying to the post. Maybe you'd like to give input?

Angel

outlaw3179
07-31-06, 09:35 AM
I think the world is a perfect place filled with cuddly bunnys and cute teddy bears where everyone gets along and there is nothing but happiness and love. Oh yeah theres rainbows and unicorns also.

Marine84
07-31-06, 10:39 AM
OK I want some of what you're on Outlaw

wsimkins
07-31-06, 11:10 AM
I gotta go to the store for more popcorn and cold beer. Plenty of beer! :beer:

outlaw3179
07-31-06, 11:15 AM
This is from the motivated gillbilly.

Yes.. but don't forget about the U.S Marines who came, and trained the Unicorns to use their horns for batter rams and to stab all the cute pixie terrorist with their nuclear pixie dust that melts and decomposes flesh, causing guts to pore out of it's target.

Teddy Bears with little thermol nuclear bombs in their bellies so whenever the little kiddes squeeze them real tite, they begin to laugh and proceed to blow up.

Oh, don't forget the Rabbits that build booby trapped holes throughout the world, holding people hostage and chewing their necks off.

But, thank god their are U.S Marines there to stomp, crush, burn, kill, and eat all the evil bunnies and bears of the world.

What a perfect world!

Im on crack lots and lots of crack.

Marine84
07-31-06, 11:30 AM
I don't want to go THAT fast Outlaw - sounds like a Monty Python flick.

OneDayAMarine
07-31-06, 09:01 PM
the reason i ask is because i had an intresting conversation with an asian-american the other day.. and it got me a little fired up.. WARNING: Profanity

aH ThuH 415: dustin
UsMcMotorT61107: yea man?
aH ThuH 415: when u leavin 2 da army?
UsMcMotorT61107: who are you?
aH ThuH 415: ?
aH ThuH 415: imma slap u
aH ThuH 415: if u dont remember me
UsMcMotorT61107: i think i do
UsMcMotorT61107: who r u
UsMcMotorT61107: hold on
UsMcMotorT61107: umm
UsMcMotorT61107: MARIO?
aH ThuH 415: yea *****
UsMcMotorT61107: oh... whats up?
UsMcMotorT61107: i aint goin in no ****in army
aH ThuH 415: haha
aH ThuH 415: navy?
UsMcMotorT61107: its the Marines
UsMcMotorT61107: nope
UsMcMotorT61107: Marines leave ****in army boys and navy guys in the dirt :P
aH ThuH 415: hahah
aH ThuH 415: ok kid
UsMcMotorT61107: but anyways.... u wanna know why?
aH ThuH 415: how old are u now?
UsMcMotorT61107: 17
aH ThuH 415: i juss wanna know why u join?
UsMcMotorT61107: cause i care for my freedom
UsMcMotorT61107: be glad im going to be fighting for your family and friends!
aH ThuH 415: **** that iraq ****
UsMcMotorT61107: why?
aH ThuH 415: man
aH ThuH 415: this war thing is bs
UsMcMotorT61107:all u hear on the god damn news is how many people die each die... what u don't hear is how billy bob and johnny rescued joe from 3 terrorists that were shooting at him and how thankful "people" are of the military
aH ThuH 415: i got other stuff 2 worry about than the war
aH ThuH 415: i got a war of my own
UsMcMotorT61107: yea thats a pussy thing to say
aH ThuH 415: its not a pussy thing to say
UsMcMotorT61107: considering u live in America...
aH ThuH 415: **** the white man law
UsMcMotorT61107: nope...freedom isn't important right?
aH ThuH 415: they still after me
aH ThuH 415: hahah
UsMcMotorT61107: stupid
UsMcMotorT61107: why u live in the US for
aH ThuH 415: i was born her
aH ThuH 415: here
UsMcMotorT61107: cause ur poor ass immigrant incestors decided to come here and take all our ****in jobs and live rich off of an American life
aH ThuH 415: haha
aH ThuH 415: u keep talkin
aH ThuH 415: and i kill u
aH ThuH 415: now shut up
UsMcMotorT61107: **** you... u ****in chink .. u lve in ****in america and talk **** about it 24/7
aH ThuH 415: if bush want war
UsMcMotorT61107: you dont vote dont talk **** about the president
aH ThuH 415: let him handle it
aH ThuH 415: **** bush
aH ThuH 415: kiss my ass
aH ThuH 415: i fight for myself
UsMcMotorT61107: respect what the military does for you
UsMcMotorT61107: bro
UsMcMotorT61107: they keep u safe so u can go to bed peacefully without worrying about a damn thing!
aH ThuH 415: i dont respect nobody
UsMcMotorT61107: you need to
UsMcMotorT61107: why not
aH ThuH 415: cause i juss dont give a ****
aH ThuH 415: they have money for war
aH ThuH 415: but they cant feed the poor?
UsMcMotorT61107: u truly won't if u lived in a foreign country
aH ThuH 415: if i have 2 kill ppl for sumthin i need
aH ThuH 415: i will
UsMcMotorT61107: then join the military.. cause u damn sure need freedom
aH ThuH 415: im different
UsMcMotorT61107: man.. u know some country would hang u upside down and cut ur balls off and shove them in ur mouth if u talk **** about their country and ****
UsMcMotorT61107: its real
UsMcMotorT61107: its not no fake bull****
aH ThuH 415: i know
aH ThuH 415: im not young
UsMcMotorT61107: then u should understand
UsMcMotorT61107: i shouldnt have to tell u this **** mario
UsMcMotorT61107: nobody lieks war
UsMcMotorT61107: u gotta be dumb **** if u do
aH ThuH 415: hey sum ppl do
UsMcMotorT61107: but realize if we didnt have volunteers for the military... we wouldnt have ****
UsMcMotorT61107: we'd be like iraq or some ****
UsMcMotorT61107: Marines build machines and killers... cause they know when it comes to protecting America they wanna be the best and get the job done
UsMcMotorT61107: u dont want to send some nervous, shaking man out with a m16 in his hands cause u just wasted a life
aH ThuH 415: ok
aH ThuH 415: i got u
UsMcMotorT61107: u know
aH ThuH 415: now quit preachin 2 me
UsMcMotorT61107: well.. im just sayin... i get fired up n **** when it comes to me and what im doin
UsMcMotorT61107: but whatever... not everybody can do it.. there's life on a platter for ya...