PDA

View Full Version : Motivational - 6/28/06

JWG
07-28-06, 09:20 AM
True Brotherhood:

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/3026/894489098lsg8.jpg

<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","\n

\nCorps\n Values:*\n (excerpt from Warrior\n Culture of the U.S. Marines (http://Warrior\nCulture of the U.S. Marines), copyright 2001 Marion F. Sturkey)\n
\n **\n Why are U.S. Marines considered the world\'s premier warriors?*\n Why?* What puts the\n Marine Corps above the rest?* Other\n military services have rigorous training and weapons of equal or\n greater lethality.* So,\n why do U.S. Marines stand head and shoulders above the crowd?\n \n
\n **\n The truth lies in the individual Marine.*\n He (or she) did not join\n the Marines.* Roughly\n 40,000 try each year.* Those\n who survive the crucible of Marine basic training have been sculpted\n in mind and body.* They\n have become Marines.\n \n
\n **\n Once he has earned the\n title and entered the Brotherhood of Marines, a new warrior must\n draw upon the legacy of his Corps.",1]);//--></SCRIPT>

Corps Values: (excerpt from Warrior Culture of the U.S. Marines (http://www.usmcpress.com/warriorculture.htm), copyright 2001 Marion F. Sturkey)

Why are U.S. Marines considered the world's premier warriors? Why? What puts the Marine Corps above the rest? Other military services have rigorous training and weapons of equal or greater lethality. So, why do U.S. Marines stand head and shoulders above the crowd?

The truth lies in the individual Marine. He (or she) did not join the Marines. Roughly 40,000 try each year. Those who survive the crucible of Marine basic training have been sculpted in mind and body. They have become Marines.

Once he has earned the title and entered the Brotherhood of Marines, a new warrior must draw upon the legacy of his Corps.<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","*\n Therein lies his strength.*\n In return, the strength of the Corps lies in the individual\n Marine.* The character\n (often defined as &quot;what you are in the dark&quot;) of these\n warriors is defined by the three constant Corps Values: honor,\n courage, and commitment.

\nHonor:*\n Honor requires each Marine to exemplify the ultimate\n standard in ethical and moral conduct.*\n Honor is many things; honor requires many things.*\n A U.S. Marine must never lie, never cheat, never steal,\n but that is not enough.* Much\n more is required.* Each\n Marine must cling to an uncompromising code of personal\n integrity, accountable for his actions and holding others\n accountable for theirs.* And,\n above all, honor mandates that a Marine never sully the\n reputation of his Corps.\n \n \n \n
\n Courage\n:*\n Simply stated, courage is honor in action -- and more.*\n Courage is moral strength, the will to heed the inner\n voice of conscience, the will to do what is right regardless of\n the conduct of others.* It\n is mental discipline, an adherence to a higher standard.",1]);//--></SCRIPT> Therein lies his strength. In return, the strength of the Corps lies in the individual Marine. The character (often defined as "what you are in the dark") of these warriors is defined by the three constant Corps Values: honor, courage, and commitment.

Honor: Honor requires each Marine to exemplify the ultimate standard in ethical and moral conduct. Honor is many things; honor requires many things. A U.S. Marine must never lie, never cheat, never steal, but that is not enough. Much more is required. Each Marine must cling to an uncompromising code of personal integrity, accountable for his actions and holding others accountable for theirs. And, above all, honor mandates that a Marine never sully the reputation of his Corps.

Courage : Simply stated, courage is honor in action -- and more. Courage is moral strength, the will to heed the inner voice of conscience, the will to do what is right regardless of the conduct of others. It is mental discipline, an adherence to a higher standard.<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","*\n Courage means willingness to take a stand for what is\n right in spite of adverse consequences.*\n This courage, throughout the history of the Corps, has\n sustained Marines during the chaos, perils, and hardships of\n combat.* And each\n day, it enables each Marine to look in the mirror -- and smile.\n \n \n \n
\n Commitment\n:*\n Total dedication to Corps and Country.*\n Gung-ho Marine teamwork.*\n All for one, one for all. *By\n whatever name or cliche, commitment is a combination of (1)\n selfless determination and (2) a relentless dedication to\n excellence.* Marines\n never give up, never give in, never willingly accept second\n best.* Excellence is\n always the goal.* And,\n when their active duty days are over, Marines remain reserve\n Marines, retired Marines, or Marine veterans.*\n There is no such thing as an ex-Marine or former-Marine.*\n Once a Marine, always a Marine.*\n Commitment never dies.
\n \n \n \n \n \n **\n The three Corps Values: honor, courage, commitment.*\n They make up the bedrock of the character of each individual\n Marine.* They are the\n foundation of his Corps.* ",1]);//--></SCRIPT> Courage means willingness to take a stand for what is right in spite of adverse consequences. This courage, throughout the history of the Corps, has sustained Marines during the chaos, perils, and hardships of combat. And each day, it enables each Marine to look in the mirror -- and smile.

Commitment : Total dedication to Corps and Country. Gung-ho Marine teamwork. All for one, one for all. By whatever name or cliche, commitment is a combination of (1) selfless determination and (2) a relentless dedication to excellence. Marines never give up, never give in, never willingly accept second best. Excellence is always the goal. And, when their active duty days are over, Marines remain reserve Marines, retired Marines, or Marine veterans. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine or former-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Commitment never dies.

The three Corps Values: honor, courage, commitment. They make up the bedrock of the character of each individual Marine. They are the foundation of his Corps.<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","These\n three values, handed down from generation to generation, have made\n U.S. Marines the Warrior Elite.* The\n U.S. Marine Corps: the most respected and revered fighting force on\n earth.

http://www<WBR>.usmcpress.com/heritage/corp<WBR>_values.htm

\n\n</div>",0]);D(["ce"]);//--></SCRIPT> These three values, handed down from generation to generation, have made U.S. Marines the Warrior Elite. The U.S. Marine Corps: the most respected and revered fighting force on earth.</B>

http://www<WBR>.usmcpress.com/heritage/corp<WBR>_values.htm

rproctor922
07-28-06, 09:36 AM
THE MARINE
By: Sergeant Aaron M. Gilbert

We all came together,
Both young and old.
To fight for our freedom,
To stand and be bold.

In the midst of all evil,
We stand our ground,
And we protect our country
From all terror around.

Peace and not war,
Is what some people say.
But I'll give my life,
So you can live the American way

I give you the right,
To talk of your peace,
To stand in your groups,
And protest in our streets.

But still I fight on.
I don't ***** I don't whine.
I'm just one of the men,
Who is doing your time.

I'm harder than nails,
Stronger than any machine,
I'm the immortal soldier,
I'm a U.S. MARINE!

So stand in my shoes,
And leave from your home.
Fight for people who hate you,
With the protests they've shown.

Fight for the stranger,
Fight for the young,
So they all may have,
The great freedom you've won.

Fight for the sick,
Fight for the poor.
Fight for the cripple,
Who lives just next door.

But when your time comes,
Do what I've done.
For if you stand up for freedom
You'll stand when the fights done.

Semper Fidelis - Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow
by David Bounds

From battlefields of the past
To those currently in the news
Marines have fought to defend our land
And to protect our Liberties
Uncommon Valor is that common thread
That runs throughout The Corps
Binding each generation of new Marines
With those who have gone before
Where do they come from
And why do they fight
always willing to pay the price
For freedom isn't free my friend
It often requires the ultimate sacrifice

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the Shores of Tripoli
And on to the beaches of World War II
Marines have fought for me
They overcame the frozen hell
Of the Chosin Reservoir
Marines battled and bled in the jungles
Of a distant land called Vietnam
In Lebanon they came in peace
But terrorists would not reason
And the bombing of the Beirut barracks
Placed more Marines on Guard Duty in Heaven

Today's Marines continue the fight
And pay the price for Freedom
Many have bled and many have died
In the current War on Terror
Though some have questioned the job they do
And may even view them with hate
These brave Marines continue to serve
And courageously fight our battles
They are warriors who aren't appreciated
Yet they realize their mission is vital
These Marines are now and always will be
Deserving of America's honor

:evilgrin: :usmc: :evilgrin:

JWG
07-28-06, 11:06 AM
Thank you for the addition, Richard.

I'm going to TRY my best to get something, however small, out to motivate all of us here everday.. but things MAY come up somedays. I appreciate the addition, again.

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

jackson07
07-28-06, 01:08 PM
but things MAY come up somedays. I appreciate the addition, again.

Things will NOT come up. I repeat... things will NOT come up! :mad:

Just kidding man. Thanks a lot for the daily motivation. You are doing a great thing for those of us here. Keep up the good work. :thumbup: :thumbup: Two thumbs up.

JWG
07-28-06, 02:27 PM
Things will NOT come up. I repeat... things will NOT come up! :mad:

Just kidding man. Thanks a lot for the daily motivation. You are doing a great thing for those of us here. Keep up the good work. :thumbup: :thumbup: Two thumbs up.

Thanks! Glad to know it's helping ya'll! That's why I do it.

WannabeDevildog
07-28-06, 11:51 PM
Very motivating JWG, thanks.

Here's my little addition:

NIGHT WATCH~~

A nurse took the tired, anxious serviceman to the bedside. "Your son
is here," she said to the old man. She had to repeat the words several
times before the patient's eyes opened.

Heavily sedated because of the pain of his heart attack, he dimly saw
the young uniformed Marine standing outside the oxygen tent. He
reached out his hand.

The Marine wrapped his toughened fingers around the old man's limp
ones, squeezing a message of love and encouragement.

The nurse brought a chair so that the Marine could sit beside the bed.
All through the night the young Marine sat there in the poorly lighted
ward, holding the old man's hand and offering him words of love and
strength. Occasionally, the nurse suggested that the Marine move
away and rest awhile.

He refused. Whenever the nurse came into the ward, the Marine was
oblivious of her and of the night noises of the hospital - the clanking of
the oxygen tank, the laughter of the night staff members exchanging
greetings, the cries and moans of the other patients.

Now and then she heard him say a few gentle words. The dying man
said nothing, only held tightly to his son all through the night.

Along towards dawn, the old man died. The Marine released the now
lifeless hand he had been holding and went to tell the nurse. While
she did what she had to do, he waited. Finally, she returned. She
started to offer words of sympathy, but the Marine interrupted her.

"Who was that man?" he asked.

The nurse was startled, "He was your father" she answered.

"No, he wasn't," the Marine replied. "I never saw him before in my life."

"Then why didn't you say something when I took you to him?"

"I knew right away there had been a mistake, but I also knew he needed his son, and his son just wasn't here. When I realized that he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, knowing how much he needed me. I stayed."

As always, this Marine fulfilled a duty.

God bless our troops.

JWG
07-29-06, 11:22 AM
Zack,

..AND a AWESOME addition as well. Thank you! MOTO!!

-Jon :iwo:

jennifer
07-29-06, 08:35 PM
WannabeDevildog... WOW!! That was really touching. I've heard this before but now I know that I can come in here and search for it if need be. :D