I acknowledge the protest,
The riots, the rage,
And the ones given their freedom
Without having to pay.

But let it be known,
Come rain, sleet or hail,
The Marines are on call,
To fight and die for your betrayal.

Dedicated to the Patriot, the soldier, and especially to those who have spit upon the graves of MY FRIENDS who have died in this war. May God have mercy on your souls.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5980/oegaqf2.gif
The emblem represents what we stand for, our past, and our future. There are three basic components of the Marine Corps emblem:
Anchor. The first part of the emblem is the anchor. It is not just a plain anchor but a "fouled" anchor. The anchor emphasizes the close ties of the Marine Corps with the U.S. Navy.
Globe. Emphasizing the close ties between the U.S. Marine Corps and the British Royal Marines, the idea of a globe as part of the emblem was borrowed from the emblem of the Royal Marines. However, the Royal Marines' emblem shows the Eastern Hemisphere, whereas the U.S. Marine Corps' emblem shows the Western Hemisphere. This was only natural since the United States is located in the Western Hemisphere and many of the early Marine combat operations and noncombatant duties were in the Western Hemisphere. Today, of course, the globe can also symbolize the "global" Marine Corps commitments and area responsibilities which have evolved in the 20th century.
Eagle. The third part of the emblem is the eagle. The eagle is the national symbol of the United States, and is the one part of the emblem which readily identifies the Marine Corps with the United States. The eagle proudly carries a streamer in its beak which bears the motto of the Corps, "Semper Fidelis."

"Civilians cannot and will not understand us because they are not one of us. The Corps - we love it, live it and shall die for it. If you have never been in it, you shall never understand it. Semper Fidelis!"

--GySgt Brad Lemke

rproctor922
07-27-06, 10:08 AM
I posted these 3 or 4 months ago. I thought that they would fit in well in this thread. <br />
<br />
<br />
WHAT IS A MARINE? <br />
The USMC: Over 225 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest...

jackson07
07-27-06, 12:47 PM
Thanks, some good reads. Keep up the good work.