PDA

View Full Version : The "Pendleton '8' K/3/5 - Hamdaniya" The Death of the Marine Corps?

Pages : [1] 2 3

fontman
07-26-06, 07:16 PM
The &quot;Pendleton '8' K/3/5 - Hamdaniya&quot; The Death of the Marine Corps? <br />
One Old Marine | 07/26/2006 | RaceBannon <br />
<br />
The Death of the Marine Corps. Is it the Old Corps anymore? Is our Corps dead now? <br />

fontman
07-26-06, 07:30 PM
Jerry, please make this topic a sticky, my brother.

;)

thedrifter
07-26-06, 07:46 PM
Done!

Through all Mark's research he can find articles that have a impact.

Ellie

marinegreen
07-26-06, 09:55 PM
I'M ON IT TOP !!! I know brothers /sisters have come and gone here on leatherneck but it would be OUTSTANDING if 30,000 members here on Leatherneck got off there duff's and put pen to paper, got on the horn to call there congressman. This is nothing more then a govt fiascal. SF

Zulu 36
07-27-06, 07:15 AM
Based on what I've read on this case, in civilian court the prosecution would be on serious thin ice right now. Of course in a civilian case the judge would have a lot more authority to do things...

fontman
07-29-06, 06:23 AM
More Marines may face charges in Hamdania slaying; number of defendants could rise to 12 <br />
By: MARK WALKER and TERI FIGUEROA - Staff Writers <br />
North County Times <br />
July 29, 2006 <br />
<br />
Four more Camp...

fontman
08-01-06, 06:10 AM
'It's all a lie': More families of accused Marines speak out <br />
July 31, 2006 <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE ---- The families of four Camp...

iamcloudlander
08-02-06, 01:59 AM
I fully understand what you are saying and feel deep sympathy for all the Marines involved in this travesty. <br />
What I don't think you understand is that I don't think you will get to much help from...

fontman
08-05-06, 12:34 PM
Still on lockdown <br />
Phil Hayworth <br />
Tracy Press <br />
<br />
Military officials Friday denied a request that U.S. Marine Lance Cpl. Tyler Jackson, 22, of Tracy be allowed to leave the brig at Camp Pendleton. <br />

thedrifter
08-08-06, 06:44 AM
Hearings set for accused Marines in Hamdania case <br />
<br />
By: MARK WALKER - Staff Writer <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON -- The first of three military court hearings to determine whether kidnapping, murder and...

sgtofrifleman
08-08-06, 06:51 AM
Well i hope that the CMC will step in and put a stop to this.

Semper Fi

Zulu 36
08-08-06, 07:03 AM

Semper Fi

Unfortunately, at this point, most of this case is out of any CMC's hands. The new CMC won't be in office until November and by that time there should be some resolution on the Article 32 hearings - good, bad, or indifferent.

The most any CMC could do in this case would be to suggest a very careful review of evidence and a careful review of necessity to keep the accused in custody. But the final decisions remain up to the legal convening authority, which isn't the CMC. It might be considered undue command influence to do more and even that little might be pushing it.

thedrifter
08-10-06, 07:30 AM
Posted on Thu, Aug. 10, 2006 <br />
<br />
Assault charges likely for platoon leader in Iraq slaying <br />
<br />
By Josh White and Sonya Geis <br />
WASHINGTON POST <br />
<br />
<br />
A Marine Corps platoon leader is expected to be...

falcon
08-10-06, 01:23 PM
I have written several letters to congress and also the state sentor's office. In my opoion this is severly wrong. These men have followed the orders of their higher ups, had faith in their leaders, their teams, and the Corps. And if we let them down in their time of need then who are we to say "we stand together" and we are a "band of Brothers". The "new" corps is falling apart. Pendleton is in shambles. Some of the leaders from 3/1 have suddenly transfered to other units within 3/1. We were sworn in to protect this graet nation of ours. To take the stand when put to the test. And it furies me to see what is happening. Honor,Courage,Comminent is what we stand for. NOT to have our brothers and sisters take the fall for someone else's mistakes.

thedrifter
08-10-06, 06:25 PM
9th Marine expects charge in Iraq killing <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif., Aug. 10 (UPI) -- An assault charge is expected for a U.S. Marine platoon leader at Camp Pendleton, Calif., for his alleged role in...

Ignition
08-11-06, 10:59 AM

Semper Fi

the problem is that it looks that the CMC and SgtMaj of Marine Corps have hung these Marines out to dry.

and thats what p!sses me off to no farking end.

no statements of innocent till proven guilty or any of that. and its wrong

redneck13
08-11-06, 11:21 AM
:mad: :flag: I was in hopes and I'm with you, that our New Commandant would've come to their aid. And it really makes me angry that they appear to be just lookin' the other way, and whatever happens,...

thedrifter
08-14-06, 05:46 AM
Marine from Meriden fights Iraq allegations <br />
Monday, August 14, 2006 <br />
<br />
BY ANDREW LARSON <br />
<br />
Copyright © 2006 Republican-American <br />
<br />
MERIDEN -- The Marine who led the squad accused of killing 24...

GunnyL
08-14-06, 06:22 AM
I am going to personally write both of my Senators and Congressman. The treatment these Marines have received makes a person seriously question whether it's a good decision to join the Corps anymore. I have two boys who aspire to be Marines but if this case goes the way it appears headed and these Devil Dogs are convicted, I will advise them both to seek other avenues because a Corps that treats its Marines this way is no place for my kids. Seems all of our Zero's from the Commandant down who are being churned out of these Liberal Indoctrination Institutions otherwise referred to as Colleges and Universities are destroying the basic infrastructure of the Corps that we all love so much.
My kudos to the reporter who wrote the original post in this thread.
I urge all members of Leatherneck to write your Senators and Congressmen/Women and voice your opinion on this case.

iamcloudlander
08-15-06, 01:34 PM
I wrote a reply earlier to this travesty being perpetrated against the Pendelton 8. These young men were sent into a situation very familiar to me as a Viet Nam vet. We also did not know the friendlies from the foes,and in the stress of combat everyone can and will make mistakes. I made the statement that by the time a Marine officer makes general he is no longer a Marine but a puesdo politician.
These general officers will not do anything that will cost them their cushy jobs same with the any elected official.
The powers to be needed a scape goat to show the world that we will send our own people to the gallows to retain our standing in the world so we can say that while we are forcing our ways of thinking in regards to government,religion, justice for all applies only to them not to United States citizens. Any person that could possibly help these men have retracted their b*lls and hid so as not to be hit with any reprecusions or fallout from this "hideous crime" against poor innocent people. I would like to see how they would react if they were made to go into a situation as these men were thrust and see what kind of decisions they would make.
GunnyL said it very eloquently-- as to why would anyone in their right mind after seeing how the Corps are treating these men and abandoning them-- would want to have their sons and daughters become a Marine or be in any other branch of the military and have to fight for another country then due to mitigating circumstances become another chapter in this countries book of atrocities blamed on them.
I realize that I sound bitter and I am as I have to listen to the politicians and even worse the Hollywood dissenters to tell how bad the military and the role in Iraq are. Most of them do nothing but talk never been in the military or much less combat. Don't expect any of these people to extend a hand of help.

thedrifter
08-16-06, 02:46 PM
Accused Hamdania Marine wants to head straight to trial <br />
<br />
BY TERI FIGUEROA - Staff Writer <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- Calling it a &quot;meaningless exercise,&quot; an attorney for one of the eight Camp Pendleton...

redneck13
08-16-06, 03:25 PM
mad: :!: :thumbdown This stinks to high heaven. The prosecution has no right to determine what goes to or not of evidence. They cannot claim irrelevant, as that is up to the Courts-Martial Judge, and if I were his defense lawyer I would ask for another Art 32, Evidentuary hearing. If I were his attorney's I'd file a motion of prosecutorial mis-conduct, and take it to the Supreme JAG official, as this isn't right. I do know a little about Military Law, since I worked in it. CID. The Naval Criminal Invest. Serv. NCIS, sucks. They couldn't investigate a hangnail. Just my experience talking, as, I had to deal with these bozo's, and believe me, they are a different bunch. I don't know why CID wasn't involved. They would've cleared this mess up a hell of a lot quicker. And I think based on what I've read, they the Prosecution is pulling at strings. If they won't give any and all evidence, which is required, they are afraid of making themselves look bad. And I think, feel, that this Marine is being set up. As do I think the 8 are also. Somebody is CYA'ing up the ying yang. They have left this Marine out to dry. Ellie? I tried to send an e-mail to the reporter, it's either incorrect, or my server doesn't recognize it. Thanks for the Update. Wind./COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Bige1371
08-16-06, 03:28 PM
Kinda off subject but glad to see you didn't take too much time off Wind.

Zulu 36
08-16-06, 05:20 PM
mad: :!: :thumbdown This stinks to high heaven. The prosecution has no right to determine what goes to or not of evidence. *Snipped* ]

I agree Bro. Wind. The prosecution can claim anything it wants, but the judge decides.

The more the prosecution drags their feet on discovery the more I'm convinced they have a crap case involving a "victim" more than deserving of being legitimately killed.

This whole things smells like rotten fish and that is the cop talking, not the Marine.

6yrforMar
08-17-06, 04:16 PM
It seems to me the way the Marine Corps. is behaving with these marines is they have no rights what so ever,I think they are being railroaded for the sake of the Far left military {kangaroo court} justice system.Where are all these civil rights & ACLU groups when we need them.

powermig
08-20-06, 03:16 PM
I finished reading Fontman's inspirational and very accurate messages.

Prior to the events leading up to and during the coverage of the Pendleton 8, I permitted others to do the grunt work. No longer.

I am one of the few people who shows up at the Pendleton 8 Rallies, held at Camp Pendleton very Saturday. We desperately need your support. Go to www.pendleton8.com (http://www.pendleton8.com). The word is given.

NO! We are not asking for money. There is strength in numbers. PARTICIPATE! :flag:

Miguel Hidalgo
Former Corpman, Proudly attached to USMC-Reserves
Always and forever!

thedrifter
08-23-06, 02:15 AM
8 Marines to have Article 32 hearing <br />
<br />
By THOMAS WATKINS, Associated Press Writer <br />
<br />
The Marine Corps has denied four Marines accused of killing an Iraqi civilian the option of going straight to...

powermig
08-23-06, 02:36 AM
The Drifter,

Thank you for providing me this information. We now have a Special Forces Unit committed to participating in a Rally held every Saturday at Camp Pendleton.

The one point to be made perfectly clear. All the media attention should focused on the Pendleton 8. That is why we are NOT a protest group or a bunch of wackos out there to draw attention to ourselves.

One more point. When we are out there, the Marines and their families know we are there to support them. And, they give us the biggest smiles and grateful looks of appreciation.

I am honored to be there. :iwo:

Doc Hidalgo

thedrifter
08-24-06, 07:17 AM
Posted on Thu, Aug. 24, 2006 <br />
<br />
AMERICA IN IRAQ <br />
Transcript backs Marines' report of civilian deaths <br />
AL-HADITHAH RESPONSE CALLED APPROPRIATE <br />
By Josh White <br />
Washington Post <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON - A...

powermig
08-24-06, 11:41 PM
Hello everyone.

First I apologize in advance if I am poking in and out of here. My time is tapped. The Drifter, I linked our website to this thread. I hope that is ok.

I was contacted today by the Rick Amato show. Rick Amato has extensive ties to all types of media coverage. For additional information, go to www.pendleton8.com (http://www.pendleton8.com).

Dr. Michael Savage (Savage Nation) and Rick Roberts KFMB, San Diego, have also be extremely supportive of our efforts.

I am extremely grateful to all the emails being received. I thought I was all alone. I want to stress that our group does not suck up to the media. It is not about us. We are not demonstrating or protesting against our Marines. NO! We are not like Sheeham, desperate for attention.

All the media coverage MUST go to the Pendleton 8. They are in serious trouble and it's our goal to set them FREE! :flag:

Doc Hidalgo

thedrifter
08-25-06, 06:28 AM
Fellow Marines defend actions of 2 accused in Hadithah case <br />
Statements given about the killings contend the men followed procedure on how to clear houses of suspected insurgents. <br />
<br />
By Mike Soraghan...

thedrifter
08-25-06, 07:29 AM
Hearings begin Monday for two Marines accused in Hamdania case <br />
<br />
By: TERI FIGUEROA - Staff Writer <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- Pretrial hearings for two of eight Camp Pendleton men accused of kidnapping...

thedrifter
08-25-06, 03:48 PM
August 25, 2006 <br />
Hearing for two charged in Iraqi’s death slated for Monday <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif. — The preliminary hearing for two Marines — who are among seven...

thedrifter
08-26-06, 09:53 PM
Hearings delayed for Marines in Calif. <br />
<br />
Pretrial hearings for two Marines accused of kidnapping and murder have been delayed, a military official said Saturday. <br />
<br />
Cpls. Marshall L. Magincalda and...

thedrifter
08-27-06, 08:22 AM
Curtain set to rise on Hamdania case <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY ---- The military justice spotlight will shine on Camp Pendleton on Wednesday when the first of several...

thedrifter
08-28-06, 01:31 PM
August 28, 2006 <br />
Pretrial hearing delayed <br />
<br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — Pretrial hearings for two Marines accused of kidnapping and murder have been delayed, a military official...

thedrifter
08-29-06, 10:46 AM
Marine's attorney asks for postponement <br />
By Phil Hayworth <br />
San Joaquin News Service <br />
<br />
Attorneys for U.S. Marine Cpl. Marshall Magincalda of Manteca, imprisoned at Camp Pendleton for allegedly...

thedrifter
08-30-06, 05:40 AM
Marines charged with Iraqi's murder face pretrial hearings <br />
Posted 8/30/2006 5:06 AM ET <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Hashim Ibrahim Awad was shot to death in a hole by a dusty road west of Baghdad. How the...

thedrifter
08-30-06, 06:36 AM
Hearings to Begin for Accused Marines <br />
<br />
By THOMAS WATKINS <br />
The Associated Press <br />
Wednesday, August 30, 2006; 4:36 AM <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO -- Hashim Ibrahim Awad was shot to death in a hole by a dusty road...

thedrifter
08-30-06, 06:12 PM
US Marines charged with Iraqi murder appear at military hearings <br />
<br />
Two US marines charged with murdering an Iraqi civilian appeared at preliminary hearings before a military tribunal at a Marines...

thedrifter
08-30-06, 06:18 PM
Lawyers cite concerns in Iraq murder case <br />
By Adam Tanner <br />
<br />
Lawyers for two U.S. Marines accused of murdering an Iraqi civilian expressed concern on Wednesday over their clients' ability to get a...

thedrifter
08-31-06, 06:27 AM
Government hints at case against Marines <br />
<br />
<br />
Alleged confessions appear to form the crux of the government's case against seven Marines and a Navy...

thedrifter
08-31-06, 07:47 AM
August 30, 2006 <br />
<br />
First two hearings in Hamdaniya case end quickly <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — The first two of eight hearings involving service members charged...

booksbenji
08-31-06, 01:45 PM
CAMP PENDLETON, California (CNN) -- The government will not seek the death penalty against one of eight servicemen charged with the shooting death of an Iraqi civilian in April, a military prosecutor...

thedrifter
09-01-06, 06:14 AM
Today's Hearings <br />
<br />
I just returned home from JJ's Article 32. It was a long day, but it was EPIC! It was &quot;beat up the prosecutor day&quot; at CP, and it started with Mr. Low judo flipping Magic's Article...

thedrifter
09-01-06, 06:14 AM
Marines signal end of pretrial hearings in two Hamdania cases <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- Marine Corps officials Thursday said that pretrial hearings...

thedrifter
09-02-06, 07:48 AM
Lawyers weigh importance of confessions, statements <br />
<br />
Hamdaniya defendants' words key for prosecutors <br />
<br />
By Rick Rogers <br />
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER <br />
September 2, 2006 <br />
<br />
Minutes into this week's...

lucien2
09-02-06, 09:42 AM
The military plays by different rules, they will need all the public exsposure and civilian attorneys they can get. The court of public opinion is powerful sometimes..........

dogtag72
09-03-06, 01:40 PM
I wanted to list below {and pass this information on to all} all of the Marines and one assigned Navy Corpsman who are in need of your strong support and help. Anything that you can do will be much...

MetalManiac
09-03-06, 06:52 PM
First I have heard of this and I am shocked. I am a Marine SSgt stationed in Slovenia as an MSG. This upsets me, this upsets me very much and it really looks like the USMC and the USA are going down the tubes. Brings me to tears. I am honored to know real heroes that served in Iraq bravely, I can never imagine what it must have been like. This story has...just killed any desire for me to reenlist or recommend anyone to join the Corps.

So fuc*$&^ sad

Will the Corps even be around in 20 years?

dogtag72
09-03-06, 08:01 PM
Don't give up hope on the Corps yet Metal...maybe the 'brass' will learn something over all of this yet. I think a lot of people are surprised over the support these MARINES &amp; NAVY Corpsman are...

Dave Coup
09-04-06, 10:39 AM
This thing makes me want to puke! How can we ask these young men to go there and fight and possibly die with thier hands tied? Go fight, do your jobs and kill the enemy but be aware that if you're not careful or are unlucky enough to be accused by the same enemy of some BS crime/murder we will kill you for your service. Never thought I'd say this, but at the moment I'm ashamed of my Marine Corp. It's not the same one I served in.
During the most unpopular war in our history (Viet Nam) I only ever heard of one 'Atrocity' that rec'd this much publicity ie My Lai, I don't recall any call for the death penalty in that case though there might have been.
In any case, these young Marines and Corpman seem to be sacri8ficial lambs for the bloodthirsty media and glory hungry attorneys.
I will start my own campaign to help thes men begginning today.

Semper Fidelis
Dave Coup

thedrifter
09-06-06, 07:20 AM
AN OPEN LETTER TO GENERAL MATTIS <br />
By: Phil Brennan <br />
<br />
Lt. General James Mattis, USMC, <br />
<br />
Commanding General, <br />
First Marine Expeditionary Force <br />
Camp Pendleton, CA 92055-5019 <br />
<br />
Dear General Mattis:

Dave Coup
09-06-06, 11:39 AM
Ellie
Thanks for posting this. Would that I could write as eloquently.
Never the less my campaign is started.Locked cocked ready to rock.
Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die but never will.

Semper Fidelis
Dave Coup
Sgt Of Marines:evilgrin:
1967-1971

thedrifter
09-07-06, 01:22 PM
Next Hamdania hearing set for Tuesday <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- A pretrial hearing starting Tuesday for one of eight Camp Pendleton troops charged with murdering an Iraqi...

LEADEROFMARINES
09-07-06, 01:27 PM
I'M ON IT TOP !!! I know brothers /sisters have come and gone here on leatherneck but it would be OUTSTANDING if 30,000 members here on Leatherneck got off there duff's and put pen to paper, got on the horn to call there congressman. This is nothing more then a govt fiascal. SF

OORAH Marine84! I totally agree with you. I've actually been to a couple of the rallies and it's some moto to see servicemembers of any branch and civilians show their support. I could be doing more now that I think about it. I bet these Marines feel all alone and might even have lost hope. We MARINES, if anybody should do something! Come on everyone. Semper Fidelis. :iwo:

fontman
09-08-06, 12:48 PM
Mom describes nightmare of Marine's incarceration <br />
<br />
Charges Navy with inhumane treatment of Pendleton 8 in Hamdania murder case <br />
<br />
Posted: September 8, 2006 <br />
By Joseph Farah <br />
WorldNetDaily.com <br />

Dave Coup
09-08-06, 02:35 PM
This is a travesty! I urge eveyone who is interested in justice for these men to band together to see if something can be done for these young men.
Letters to Congressmen/women,CMC,the President anyone who might be able to intervene and get some help.
P.S. Don't bother with John Fonda Murhta
Semper Fidelis
Dave Coup:usmc:

thedrifter
09-12-06, 07:09 AM
Marine faces hearing in Iraqi's slaying

By THOMAS WATKINS, Associated Press Writer

Eager to see the world and looking for adventure, Jerry E. Shumate Jr. joined the Marine Corps straight out of high school. Now the 21-year-old lance corporal is in the brig.

Shumate is accused, with eight others, of kidnapping and murdering an Iraqi man in Hamdania, west of Baghdad. His preliminary hearing was scheduled to begin Tuesday.

Shumate, along with six other Marines and a Navy Corpsman are accused of entering 52-year-old Hashim Ibrahim Awad's house on April 26, kidnapping him and taking him to a roadside hole. There, prosecutors say, several troops shot him.

Shumate fired his M-16 at Awad, then lied to investigators about what had happened, according to charging documents. Shumate also is one of several Marines accused of assaulting a different Iraqi man in a separate incident April 10.

"We're devastated, we're just taking it day by day," said father Jerry Shumate Sr. who drove 1,200 miles from Matlock, Wash., with mother Diann Shumate.

Family members have previously said their sons are innocent, and defense attorneys have questioned the credibility of the Iraqis who reported the murder to U.S. authorities.

The troops could face the death penalty if convicted, although, during an earlier hearing, prosecutors said they would not pursue a capital sentence against that defendant.

Shumate's civilian attorney, Steve Immel, declined to comment on the case, but said he hoped his client would be treated fairly.

"We would ask everybody to let the process work itself out and let Jerry have the full protections of the Constitution," Immel said. "Especially because he was over there defending the Constitution. We ask everyone not rush to judgment."

The preliminary hearings form part of a so-called Article 32 investigation, where an officer determines whether to recommend that defendants face courts martial. The final decision rests with a commanding general.

Two Article 32 hearings were held Aug. 30 for Pfc. John J. Jodka III and Cpl. Marshall L. Magincalda, both accused in the Awad case. More hearings for the other accused troops are expected in coming weeks.

The Shumates said joining the Marine Corps was their son's dream after he graduated Mary M. Knight High School at the southeastern edge of the Olympic peninsula, where he played on the football team.

"We are glad we're finally getting to the next step of this process," Shumate Sr. said. "All we can do is trust in our counsel and trust in our government."

Ellie

thedrifter
09-13-06, 01:30 PM
Posted on Wed, Sep. 13, 2006 <br />
<br />
Investigator recalls interview <br />
Death penalty not sought for Marine <br />
By LINDA DEUTSCH <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON - An investigator...

thedrifter
09-13-06, 01:42 PM
September 13, 2006 <br />
Death Penalty Not Sought for Marine in Killing of Iraqi <br />
By CAROLYN MARSHALL <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif., Sept 12 — Lance Cpl. Jerry E. Shumate Jr. sat quietly in a military...

thedrifter
09-15-06, 06:50 AM
Hearing officer recommends court-martial for Encinitas Marine <br />
<br />
<br />
A hearing officer is recommending that the Encinitas Marine accused of kidnapping and killing an...

thedrifter
09-17-06, 08:35 AM
Sunday, Sep. 17, 2006 <br />
Exclusive: The Soldier Who Led the Marine Squad in Haditha <br />
Frank Wuterich, the central suspect in the notorious massacre of 24 Iraqis, speaks out for the first time <br />
By SALLY...

GunnyL
09-17-06, 10:20 AM
Quote Taken from a Letter written by Chesty Puller to his friend Tom Pullen from Haiti:
" You may rest assured I was relieved when I found out that I had been ordered in to Port-au-Prince to be decorated for killing Cacos, and not to be court-martialed for the same. It's funny as hell to me; every once in a while some misguided fool up in the States, who knows nothing of the trouble here, sets up howl over a few black bandits being knocked off.
Well, someone has to be the goat, and it is generally a Gendarmerie officer...."
Taken from the book Marine! The life of Chesty Puller.
Point I'm making is that some things never change, politicians want to score some points with their Liberal Buddies, they just crucifiy some good Marines. Problem today is that a good amount of our Officer Corps is made up of bleeding heart Liberals and by these two cases, it appears that they've infiltrated the General Officer Corps as well. I find it truly disturbing that General Mattis is buying into this ****! I expected a lot better of him out of all the Generals out there.

redneck13
09-17-06, 05:13 PM
:mad: :evilgrin: :flag: As I hear bits and pieces on the news of this &quot;fiascal&quot;, to me?, it is a total embarrassment to not only the Marine's who are now charged, will be charged, but also to All of...

thedrifter
09-21-06, 06:56 AM
Midwest Marine one of several investigated in Haditha incident <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- One of the Camp Pendleton Marines under investigation for the shooting deaths...

thedrifter
09-24-06, 11:05 PM
Marines mulled bombing Haditha home: officer <br />
<br />
By Dan Whitcomb <br />
Fri Sep 22, 3:37 PM ET <br />
<br />
U.S. Marines were so locked in battle with Iraqi insurgents on the day 24 civilians were killed in Haditha...

thedrifter
09-25-06, 09:08 AM
Article 32 date set for accused Hamdaniya corpsman <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif. — A hospital corpsman charged along with seven Marines in the alleged shooting death of an...

booksbenji
09-25-06, 05:34 PM
Updated:2006-09-25 18:28:18 <br />
3 Marines Face Courts-Martial in Iraqi's Death <br />
By THOMAS WATKINS <br />
AP <br />
SAN DIEGO (Sept. 25) - Three Marines from Camp Pendleton will face courts-martial on murder...

thedrifter
09-27-06, 06:30 AM
Haditha case set to unfold <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY ---- As the prosecutions of seven Camp Pendleton Marines and a Navy corpsman for the alleged murder of an Iraqi in April...

thedrifter
09-27-06, 07:02 AM
September 26, 2006 <br />
Corpsman’s hearing postponed <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif. — The preliminary hearing for a Navy hospital corpsman charged with seven Marines in the...

NCPATRIOT
09-28-06, 06:19 PM
Greetings Marines of Leatherneck.com!

During a search I ran across your site and noticed your extensive coverage of the Pendleton 8. I am webmaster for the Jodka family on behalf of PFC John J. Jodka III, one of the Marines in the brig.

We have recently updated our site with some information you may find helpful. I invite you to visit at http://www.innocentmarine.com/2news.html

We're excited about our most recent addition, in that we have finally found a way to legally publish what actually happened that early morning in Hamdaniya.

The Prosecutor's story is bogus. Here's what really happened:

From their ambush position, THESE MARINES caught an insurgent digging a hole by the side of the road at 3 o'clock in the morning. Pretty clear what happened next -- 1 against 8.

As usual in Iraq, the alleged family somehow got their hands on the Marines' report from the incident, and created an accusation that fit the report in order to get money from the military – they had to find a way to explain why their alleged relative was out by the side of the road at 3 in the morning with a shovel and a rifle and spent shell casings in order to get the money – if he was an insurgent, they wouldn’t be paid anything.

There are extensive details and a link to a comprehensive timeline on the site -- of course you are welcome to cut and paste to get the word out.

These 8 warfighters are completely innocent, and there is no evidence against them. The alleged family eye-witnesses have disappeared (can we all sing, take the money and run?), including the translator who worked with the NCIS investigators to get their story on videotape.

The prosecution is going to trial based solely on alleged incriminating statements, statements most lawyers consider "icing on the cake." Our question is, since there is no evidence that a crime occurred, there is no cake -- and what are we doing here???

Dianne Thomas
diannethomasmin@aol.com

Semper fi

"Justice delayed is Justice denied." William Gladstone

outlaw3179
09-28-06, 06:23 PM
NCPatriot thanks for the link ...please know that there are still Marines who care about each other and will have a Marines back. Please relay to the family that there is nothing but support on Leatherneck for those Warriors . Semper Fi.

NCPATRIOT
09-28-06, 06:36 PM
NCPatriot thanks for the link ...please know that there are still Marines who care about each other and will have a Marines back. Please relay to the family that there is nothing but support on Leatherneck for those Warriors . Semper Fi.
I will certainly pass that along -- the guys know they will be exonerated, but they are at the mercy of the giant machine now and -- well -- being Marines -- you know how hard it is to not be able to get the job done yourself. But they are tough and treating this as an extension of the front lines -- they are still at the tip of the spear, and they know that there are many, many Marines, active and former, who are doing everything they know to do to rectify this situation.

Semper fi :flag:

Dianne

thedrifter
10-04-06, 07:53 AM
Wednesday, October 4, 2006 <br />
Two Marines to be arraigned <br />
<br />
Eight members of Kilo Company are being held at Camp Pendleton, accused of murdering an Iraqi civilian in April. <br />
By JOHN McDONALD <br />
The...

thedrifter
10-04-06, 08:40 AM
Plea deal said in the works for Hamdania defendant; Navy corpsman may be first to strike deal with prosecutors <br />
<br />
By: TERI FIGUEROA AND MARK WALKER - Staff Writers <br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY ---- A Navy...

thedrifter
10-04-06, 11:17 AM
October 04, 2006 <br />
Video clips detail jailed corpsman’s combat ordeals <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO — He’s spent four months held in confinement in the Camp Pendleton brig, facing...

thedrifter
10-06-06, 04:11 AM
Navy Corpsman to Testify Against Marines <br />
<br />
During two tours of duty in Iraq, Navy corpsman Melson J. Bacos said, he experienced fire fights with insurgents, soldiers dying in his arms, thoughts of...

thedrifter
10-06-06, 04:58 AM
Hamdania defendant expected to take plea deal today <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- Until today, they had stood together for five months, each denying through attorneys and...

thedrifter
10-06-06, 01:22 PM
Sailor Pleads Guilty in War Abuse Case <br />
Sailor Pleads Guilty, Agrees to Testify in Case of Marines Accused in Iraqi Civilian's Death <br />
By THOMAS WATKINS <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON,...

thedrifter
10-06-06, 01:30 PM
Pendleton Corpsman pleads guilty to kidnapping, conspiracy in Hamdania killing <br />
<br />
By: Mark Walker and Teri Figueroa <br />
Oct. 6, 2006 <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- A Navy corpsman pleaded...

6yrforMar
10-06-06, 02:42 PM
It looks like one of the Eight is making a deal,to give up the other seven.I hope the truth comes out and these marines don`t get railroaded.

thedrifter
10-07-06, 07:40 AM
Posted on Sat, Oct. 07, 2006 <br />
Sailor: 'I knew what we were doing was wrong' <br />
<br />
By LINDA DEUTSCH <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. -- It was some time after midnight...

hrscowboy
10-07-06, 09:14 AM
Well now i wonder what the parents of these young men that said our boys are not capable of doing such a thing are thinkin now when the Doc blows the case wide open.. another thing that blows me away someone asks the doc Why didnt you just walk away?? Hello where in a combat zone here, Like we just need to start walkin down an alley all by ourselves.

thedrifter
10-10-06, 06:56 AM
Sergeant said to be ready to rebut Bacos testimony <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- An attorney for the senior enlisted man alleged to have directed six other Camp Pendleton...

hrscowboy
10-10-06, 10:56 AM
Well attorney Richard Brannon I think you better be getting ready to pull a rabbit out of your hat because this sounds to me that someone is lieing out there face..

thedrifter
10-12-06, 08:15 AM
More deals may emerge in Hamdania case <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- More plea deals may soon emerge in the case of seven Marines facing murder and related charges in the...

thedrifter
10-13-06, 08:09 AM
Marine to be arraigned in shooting of Iraqi civilian <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. One of the seven Marines accused in the slaying of an Iraqi civilian in April is scheduled to be arraigned today in...

thedrifter
10-14-06, 09:34 AM
Details emerge in Iraqi murder case <br />
Thomas Watkins, The Associated Press <br />
San Bernardino County Sun <br />
Article Launched:10/14/2006 01:00:00 AM PDT <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON - A Marine...

thedrifter
10-16-06, 11:01 AM
October 16, 2006 <br />
<br />
Hearing for Hamdaniya squad leader set for today <br />
<br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — A preliminary hearing in the military’s case against a squad leader charged in...

bootlace15
10-16-06, 12:49 PM
I am sick and tired of guilty until proven innocent. These Marines are due justice as we all are. That is what the he** we fight for. I just got off the phone with Senator Rick Santorums office and have asked him for his help. I know that he is in a close election,but everything could help these Marines.They are are brothers and now it is time to talk the talk,not just walk the walk. Now get Moving God dam* it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on you bastar*s Do You Want To Live Forever

Bootlace15

thedrifter
10-16-06, 01:52 PM
Squad leader in military murder case appears in base court <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- The squad leader at the center of the case of seven Marines...

thedrifter
10-16-06, 07:36 PM
October 16, 2006 <br />
Attorney questions corpsman’s testimony in Hamdaniya case <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — A defense attorney for a Marine charged in an Iraqi’s...

bootlace15
10-16-06, 11:37 PM
there should be a posted phone number for Camp Pendelton,and everyone on this site including family members should be calling it. Post a number pick a day and lets stick it to the prosecusters in this case.

No Marine can take this sitting down any longer. Get busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thedrifter
10-17-06, 06:48 AM
THE CONFLICT IN IRAQ <br />
Keeping Marine in Brig Is Cruel, His Parents Say <br />
Their son, charged with murder in the death of an Iraqi, is suffering needlessly, they contend. <br />
By Tony Perry, Times Staff...

thedrifter
10-17-06, 07:09 AM
Hamdania defense attorney raises concerns about military justice <br />
<br />
By: WILLIAM FINN BENNETT - Staff Writer <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO -- An attorney representing one of eight men accused of kidnapping and...

thedrifter
10-17-06, 04:10 PM
Accused Plymouth Marine awaits ruling: Judge delays proceedings until he reviews evidence <br />
<br />
By The Patriot ledger staff and wire services <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO - A Marine from Plymouth suspected of...

thedrifter
10-18-06, 11:24 AM
Military Trial Prompts Trip To Iraq <br />
Defense Attorneys Expected To Examine Site, Interview Witnesses <br />
<br />
POSTED: 6:55 am PDT October 18, 2006 <br />
UPDATED: 7:15 am PDT October 18, 2006 <br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif....

thedrifter
10-19-06, 07:54 AM
3 Marines face courts-martial on charges <br />
<br />
Wed Oct 18, 9:51 PM ET <br />
<br />
Three Camp Pendleton Marines will face courts-martial on murder and kidnapping charges in the death of an Iraqi man in the town...

thedrifter
10-21-06, 07:08 AM
Marine To Plead Guilty In Iraq Killing <br />
Attorney: Marine Will Plead Guilty To Role In Killing Of Iraqi Man <br />
<br />
(AP) A U.S. Marine will plead guilty next week for his role in the killing of an Iraqi...

thedrifter
10-21-06, 07:08 AM
Marine To Plead Guilty In Iraq Killing <br />
Attorney: Marine Will Plead Guilty To Role In Killing Of Iraqi Man <br />
<br />
(AP) A U.S. Marine will plead guilty next week for his role in the killing of an Iraqi...

thedrifter
10-21-06, 08:08 AM
Encinitas Marine reported ready to plead guilty in Hamdania case <br />
<br />
By: TERI FIGUEROA and MARK WALKER - Staff Writers <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- An Encinitas Marine who until now has steadfastly...

thedrifter
10-22-06, 09:17 AM
US Marine agrees to lesser charges in Iraq murder <br />
<br />
Sat Oct 21, 4:27 PM ET <br />
<br />
One of seven U.S. Marines charged with murder in the death of an Iraqi grandfather will plead guilty next week to...

thedrifter
10-24-06, 06:08 AM
Attorneys, Marines still awaiting word on Haditha case; Camp Pendleton unit remains under scrutiny in deaths of 24 civilians last November <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY --...

thedrifter
10-24-06, 07:04 AM
Jodka's version of killing won't be heard until November <br />
<br />
By: MARK WALKER - Staff Writer' <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON -- Pfc. John &quot;JJ&quot; Jodka's version of what led to the kidnapping and killing of a...

LivinSoFree
10-24-06, 11:43 AM
Talk about a railroad... that damn corpsman was standing in ranks with those Marines until he decided to take a sweeter deal... Here's a politically motivated "cleanup" if I've ever seen one.

bootlace15
10-24-06, 01:00 PM
Just got an e-mail from Senator Satorums office. He states that he is in contact with the Department OF THE Navy. They have assured him that our Marines are being treated Humainly. However Senator Santorum assures me he will keepa very close on this topic. What a vote getter.......... I just hope Senator Santorum can do something.....

Bootlace15

thedrifter
10-26-06, 07:19 AM
Marine to plead in murder case <br />
<br />
Thu Oct 26, 4:49 AM ET <br />
<br />
The first combat tour of Pfc. John J. Jodka III ended just four months after it began, when he...

thedrifter
10-26-06, 10:07 PM
Jodka describes killing Iraqi citizen by Marines <br />
By David Hasemyer <br />
<br />
12:09 p.m. October 26, 2006 <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON – An Encinitas Marine testified Thursday that he...

thedrifter
10-27-06, 03:53 PM
Teachers say Jodka was kind, considerate

By: ADAM KAYE - Staff Writer

ENCINITAS ---- Hours after Marine Pfc. John "JJ" Jodka III pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and conspiracy to obstruct justice, two of his high school teachers Thursday defended him as kind and considerate.

Jodka attended San Dieguito Academy for four years and graduated in 2004. For all four of those years, Jodka attended the daily, 20-minute homeroom class of veteran teacher Blaze Newman.

When a reporter inquired about Jodka on Thursday, Newman became emotional, wept and cursed the military.

Composing herself, she said, "When I had him, he was a sweet, gentle, responsible, considerate human being."

Jodka also took care of his friends, she said.

"I would have trusted him with my life," Newman said.

Jodka turned 20 in April, about four months into his first deployment to Iraq as a member of 2nd Platoon, Kilo Company attached to Camp Pendleton's 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment.

On April 26, he was the youngest and least experienced of eight Camp Pendleton men accused of plotting to kidnap and kill an Iraqi man in Hamdania, Iraq.

He is scheduled for sentencing Nov. 15.

As a boy, Jodka attended St. James Academy, a Catholic school in Solana Beach.

He moved on to San Dieguito Academy, a public high school in Encinitas with a long history of military service. Nineteen former students died in World War II and the Korean and Vietnam wars. A memorial on the campus recognizes their sacrifices.

Also on campus, in a garden of native plants, a large rock is painted with the words "Make No War."

Next to the garden is the art room of teacher John Ratajkowski, where Jodka was a student.

"I actually liked him," Ratajkowski said. "I thought he was a pretty nice kid. He just sort of took care of business."

The 2004 yearbook shows Jodka smiling in his senior photograph. He had no apparent involvement with clubs or athletics.

After graduating from San Dieguito, the Encinitas native enrolled briefly at UC Riverside before joining the Marines.

Across town from the school, at the American Legion San Dieguito Post 416, a Vietnam veteran from Encinitas, Joseph Farrell, said higher-ranking Marines should take the heat for a crime that left a retired Iraqi policeman and father of 14 dead.

"I would think the worst thing he should have (happen to him) is to bust him back to private," Farrell said.

Contact staff writer Adam Kaye at (760) 943-2312 or akaye@nctimes.com.

thedrifter
10-28-06, 07:48 AM
Heat is on rest of Hamdania defendants to plead <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY ---- Pressure to resolve their cases without going to trial is mounting on the remaining six...

thedrifter
10-30-06, 07:13 PM
2nd Marine to plead in Iraq killing <br />
<br />
<br />
Another Marine charged with kidnapping and murdering an Iraqi man has agreed to plead guilty to lesser charges,...

thedrifter
10-31-06, 06:05 AM
3rd Marine to Plead Guilty in Iraq Killing <br />
<br />
By THOMAS WATKINS <br />
Associated Press Writer <br />
<br />
October 31, 2006, 5:08 AM EST <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO -- Another Marine charged with kidnapping and murdering...

thedrifter
10-31-06, 12:21 PM
November 06, 2006 <br />
Marine details run-up to Hamdaniya killing <br />
Plea deal compels leatherneck to testify in other 3/5 cases <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — The...

thedrifter
11-02-06, 07:36 AM
The Haditha Massacre, One Year Later <br />
Debate Over Whether Marines Engaged in Rules of Conduct or Committed Murder Continues One Year After Iraqi Family's Killing <br />
By CYNTHIA MCFADDEN <br />
<br />
Oct. 30,...

thedrifter
11-04-06, 05:53 AM
General to mom: Hamdania defendant will stay in brig <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- The general overseeing the prosecution of seven Marines and a Navy...

thedrifter
11-04-06, 06:23 AM
Marines' lawyers reportedly told to keep quiet <br />
by Ken Stanford <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego newspaper says defense attorneys - including one from Gainesville - representing Marines accused of...

thedrifter
11-06-06, 07:20 AM
November 06. 2006 4:39AM <br />
2nd Marine due in court in Iraqi murder case <br />
<br />
By THOMAS WATKINS <br />
<br />
When seven Camp Pendleton Marines and a Navy corpsman were charged in June...

fontman
11-06-06, 09:20 AM
Why our Marines are in the brig at Camp Pendleton <br />
By Terry Pennington via email <br />
11/4/2006 <br />
<br />
I have finally come to realize why our guys are in the brig. Here's how it goes: <br />
<br />
In late April or...

thedrifter
11-06-06, 07:58 PM
Marine pleads guilty to assault, conspiracy in Iraqi murder case <br />
<br />
Published: November 6, 2006 <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, California: A Marine pleaded guilty Monday to aggravated...

thedrifter
11-07-06, 06:47 AM
November 7, 2006 <br />
Third Guilty Plea in Killing of Iraqi by a Marine Patrol <br />
By CAROLYN MARSHALL <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif., Nov. 6 — A marine corporal pleaded guilty on Monday in the shooting death...

thedrifter
11-08-06, 06:17 AM
Marine called key in Iraqi man's murder <br />
<br />
Tue Nov 7, 7:04 PM ET <br />
<br />
The government on Tuesday described a Marine corporal as a &quot;key player&quot; in a plot to...

thedrifter
11-08-06, 07:18 AM
Defense Attorneys: Charges Against Marine Should Be Dismissed <br />
<br />
POSTED: 6:22 pm PST November 7, 2006 <br />
UPDATED: 6:37 pm PST November 7, 2006 <br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. -- Murder and other charges should...

thedrifter
11-09-06, 07:48 AM
Senators urge Bush to act on Haditha probe

By Sue Pleming and Vicki Allen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. senators demanded on Tuesday that the Bush administration swiftly establish what happened in Haditha where U.S. Marines are suspected of killing 24 unarmed Iraqis.

They said only swift action could salvage the image of the military and U.S. international relations.

The Senate Armed Services Committee plans hearings soon on last November’s incident in the western Iraqi town and to determine whether the military tried to cover it up.

One senator, from President George W. Bush’s own Republican party, insisted U.S. Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld should be brought to account.

The senator, Susan Collins from Maine, said the committee must "ask hard questions such as, ’When did Secretary Rumsfeld learn of the allegations?’ and ’What action did he take?’"

The senators spoke on the same day a senior U.S. State Department official brushed aside criticism from Iraq’s prime minister over the Haditha incident.

"It’s a defence mechanism ... I wouldn’t make too much out of it," James Jeffrey, the State Department’s Iraq coordinator, said of the criticism from Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.

He said he believed U.S. forces were well-respected in Iraq and Maliki’s outburst was to be expected.

"There is a constant buzz in Iraq of what our troops did or didn’t do," Jeffrey told a group of defence writers.

Last week, Maliki demanded the United States share files from the investigation of the Haditha killings, which he called a "terrible crime."

SENATORS VOICE CONCERN

Senators just back from a week-long recess blasted the Pentagon for taking months to start a probe of the incident first reported by Time magazine.

Armed Services Committee Chairman John Warner wrote to Rumsfeld worried about its impact on U.S. relations "around the world, ongoing military operations, diplomatic initiatives and the struggle of the new Iraqi government to assume full responsibilities of sovereignty."

The Virginia Republican asked Rumsfeld "the earliest possible date" the Pentagon could provide witnesses.

Warner said the first might be Army Maj. Gen. Eldon Bargewell, who is investigating whether Marines involved in the incident lied about it and whether Marine Corps officers sufficiently examined their accounts.

Carl Levin of Michigan, the committee’s top Democrat, said the delay in investigating Haditha "further embarrassed the military and put them in a very, very untenable position."

Bush has said he was troubled by news stories about the November 19 killings of men, women and children in Haditha, and a general at the Pentagon said the incident could complicate the job for the 130,000 U.S. troops in Iraq.

Senators said their constituents so far were lumping Haditha into Iraq’s daily violence and that it did not appear to be galvanizing opposition to the war, as the 1968 My Lai massacre did for the Vietnam war.

"Is this really crystallizing opposition? That’s not what I’m hearing from my constituents," said Rhode Island Republican Sen. Lincoln Chafee, who opposed the Iraq war.

But Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Inhofe, who has backed the war, said, "It gives some justification or some credibility to some of the lies that have been told by people who are just anti-war. I think they’re rejoicing in this."

The State Department’s Jeffrey said he did not believe the impact of the incident could be compared to the scandal over abuse at the Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad in which shocking pictures were published worldwide.

"I think this will not have the same impact in terms of insurgents turning the population against us or turning opinion in the Arab world against us. But that is something that has to be evaluated every day," he said.

Asked whether the Haditha incident could erode Iraqi confidence in U.S. troops, Jeffrey said he believed Iraqis trusted American forces who were often viewed as neutral.

Ellie

thedrifter
11-09-06, 04:19 PM
Marine denied release from brig <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON -- Saying &quot;a risk of flight is foreseeable,&quot; a military judge found Wednesday that a corporal who allegedly...

thedrifter
11-11-06, 04:48 PM
Marine charged with Iraq war crime called popular, loyal <br />
<br />
By Ken Maguire, Associated Press Writer | November 11, 2006 <br />
<br />
PLYMOUTH, Mass. --To those from Larry Hutchins' hometown, he's remembered as...

thedrifter
11-13-06, 04:07 PM
November 13, 2006 <br />
3rd Hamdaniya Marine strikes plea bargain <br />
Corpsman was first to reach agreement with prosecutors <br />
<br />
By Thomas Watkins <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO — Another Marine charged with...

hrscowboy
11-13-06, 04:16 PM
yep folding like a deck of cards...

thedrifter
11-14-06, 07:30 AM
State Marine agrees to plea deal in Iraqi's death <br />
<br />
By Seattle Times staff and wire services <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO — A 21-year-old Marine from Matlock, Mason County, has agreed to plead guilty to charges of...

thedrifter
11-14-06, 08:32 AM
No change in strategy for Marines, lawyers say <br />
<br />
By Rick Rogers <br />
<br />
November 14, 2006 <br />
<br />
The recent rush of plea agreements for Camp Pendleton troops accused of executing...

thedrifter
11-14-06, 01:10 PM
November 06, 2006 <br />
Marine details run-up to Hamdaniya killing <br />
Plea deal compels leatherneck to testify in other 3/5 cases <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — The...

hrscowboy
11-14-06, 11:49 PM
Yeah right judge walk away, not be a part of the team, I can see this judge has never been in Combat.. Wonder how many times this judge has refused orders from his senior officers??

thedrifter
11-15-06, 06:07 AM
Marine pleads not guilty to kidnapping, murder in Iraq <br />
By Associated Press <br />
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - Updated: 05:13 PM EST <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - A Marine charged with kidnapping and...

thedrifter
11-15-06, 06:32 AM
Marine faces trial in killing <br />
From a Times Staff Writer <br />
November 15, 2006 <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON — Marine Sgt. Lawrence G. Hutchins III was ordered Tuesday to face court-martial on charges of murder,...

thedrifter
11-15-06, 06:56 AM
Encinitas Marine Pfc. John Jodka faces sentencing today in Hamdania killing <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON -- He was the youngest and the least experienced Marine in the village...

OLE SARG
11-15-06, 08:56 AM
I'll bet all this is making fatass murtha happy as hell - the no-good MF idiot!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

thedrifter
11-15-06, 01:49 PM
Marine apologizes for Iraqi's slaying <br />
<br />
<br />
A Marine told a military court at his sentencing Wednesday that he was &quot;very truly sorry&quot; for his role in the...

thedrifter
11-16-06, 01:33 AM
Marine Gets 18 Months In Iraqi Death <br />
<br />
POSTED: 8:49 pm PST November 15, 2006 <br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. -- A Marine private who pleaded guilty to reduced charges in the killing of an innocent Iraqi...

thedrifter
11-16-06, 06:32 PM
November 16, 2006 <br />
Hamdaniya Marine expected to strike plea bargain <br />
<br />
By Thomas Watkins <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — Another Marine was in court Thursday to be sentenced for his...

thedrifter
11-17-06, 06:55 AM
Marine gets 21 months in slaying of Iraqi man <br />
'I wish I had the courage to prevent his death,' the lance corporal says. <br />
By Tony Perry, Times Staff Writer <br />
November 17, 2006 <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON —...

thedrifter
11-17-06, 08:11 AM
21 months for Tracy Marine <br />
Second to be sentenced in Iraqi slaying <br />
<br />
By Staff and wire reports <br />
November 17, 2006 <br />
<br />
TRACY - A Tracy Marine was sentenced Thursday to 21 months in prison for his...

thedrifter
11-18-06, 07:24 AM
Marine Corps Buys Testimony and Withholds Pay <br />
by Kit Jarrell <br />
16 Nov 2006 <br />
<br />
Shocking updates in the Pendleton 8 case are breaking tonight. If this doesn't show you the desperation in the...

thedrifter
11-18-06, 04:12 PM
Plea deals pile up for accused Marines <br />
<br />
By LINDA DEUTSCH and THOMAS WATKINS, Associated Press Writers <br />
<br />
<br />
In the beginning, there were eight. A squad of seven Marines and a Navy corpsman charged...

thedrifter
11-18-06, 04:13 PM
Iraq killing case at a glance <br />
<br />
By The Associated Press <br />
<br />
<br />
Seven Marines and a Navy corpsman in Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 5th Regiment of the 1st Marine Division were detained in May, accused...

hrscowboy
11-18-06, 05:17 PM
NOTICE::: There going after the NCOs I will bet my buttom dollar there will be no plea agreements with the NCOs..

thedrifter
11-19-06, 05:31 PM
Plea Deals For GIs In Death Of Iraqi Suprise Some <br />
<br />
(AP) CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. In the beginning, there were eight. A squad of seven Marines and a Navy corpsman charged with kidnapping and murdering...

thedrifter
11-20-06, 08:20 AM
Posted on Sun, Nov. 19, 2006 <br />
Plea deals, doubt mark murder case <br />
<br />
Death penalty off table for 4 of 8 Marines in Iraqi civilian's slaying <br />
<br />
BY LINDA DEUTSCH and THOMAS WATKINS...

thedrifter
11-20-06, 02:58 PM
November 20, 2006 <br />
Two more Hamdaniya cases in court this week <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif. — The third Marine in an infantry squad charged in the April murder of an Iraqi...

thedrifter
11-21-06, 07:44 AM
Marine charged in Iraqi death says he was denied an attorney <br />
KESQ - Nov 20 8:52 PM <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. One of the Camp Pendleton Marines charged with the kidnap and murder of an Iraqi civilian...

thedrifter
11-21-06, 07:48 AM
Marine charged in Iraqi death says he was denied an attorney <br />
<br />
By THOMAS WATKINS <br />
<br />
One of the Marines charged with the kidnap and murder of an Iraqi civilian said Monday...

thedrifter
11-21-06, 08:45 AM
November 21, 2006 <br />
<br />
Shumate expected to plead guilty to lesser charges <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — One of eight men charged in the death of an Iraqi man is expected to...

thedrifter
11-21-06, 03:19 PM
3rd Marine pleads guilty in Iraqi death <br />
<br />
1 hour, 18 minutes ago <br />
<br />
A third Marine pleaded guilty to lesser charges Tuesday in the killing of an unarmed...

thedrifter
11-21-06, 07:17 PM
Radio network reports Haditha charges expected <br />
<br />
By: WILLIAM FINN BENNETT - Staff writer <br />
<br />
Just three days after the one-year anniversary of the killing of 24 civilians in Haditha, Iraq, five...

thedrifter
11-22-06, 06:44 AM
21-Month Term For Marine in Death of Iraqi <br />
<br />
Associated Press <br />
Wednesday, November 22, 2006; A04 <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif., Nov. 21 -- A Marine was sentenced to 21 months in prison Tuesday after...

thedrifter
11-22-06, 06:57 AM
Family Stands By a Marine Under Investigation <br />
<br />
By Josh White <br />
Washington Post Staff Writer <br />
Wednesday, November 22, 2006; A03 <br />
<br />
Darryl Sharratt often breaks into tears when trying to start...

Impetus
12-01-06, 09:31 AM
What kind of back room political manuvering has to be taking place for a Marine Corps General to bow to pressure from certain congressmen and senators. Why pander to this pressure? I was under the...

thedrifter
12-03-06, 08:59 AM
Hutchins arraignment slated for Thursday <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY ---- He's at the center of one of the most notorious cases ever lodged against Camp Pendleton Marines, yet...

thedrifter
12-03-06, 10:02 AM
Local man under scrutiny in Haditha case <br />
<br />
The Edmond Sun <br />
<br />
EDMOND— Military authorities soon might charge five Marines, including a 25-year-old lance corporal from Edmond, in the deaths of 24...

thedrifter
12-05-06, 06:51 AM
Panel to hear update on Haditha report <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- The House Armed Services Committee is slated to hear from a former Camp Pendleton general Wednesday on...

thedrifter
12-05-06, 08:30 PM
December 05, 2006 <br />
Charges expected soon in Hadithah case <br />
Hill awaits briefings on investigations <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif. — The Corps is close to formally charging...

thedrifter
12-05-06, 08:44 PM
December 05, 2006 <br />
<br />
Alleged Hamdaniya plot leader to be arraigned <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif. — A sergeant from Camp Pendleton will be in court Thursday for arraignment...

thedrifter
12-06-06, 07:00 AM
Wednesday, December 6, 2006 <br />
Prosecutors finalize charges against Pendleton Marines <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO – Military prosecutors are finalizing charges against some of the Camp Pendleton Marines involved in...

thedrifter
12-06-06, 07:04 AM
December 6, 2006 <br />
At Least 5 Marines Are Expected to Be Charged in Haditha Deaths <br />
By PAUL von ZIELBAUER <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON, Dec. 5 — At least five marines are expected to be charged, possibly as early...

thedrifter
12-06-06, 11:15 AM
Military To Announce Charges Against Marines In Iraq Massacre <br />
<br />
POSTED: 8:18 am PST December 6, 2006 <br />
UPDATED: 8:34 am PST December 6, 2006 <br />
SAN DIEGO, Calif. -- The Marine Corps says military...

LIL JOE
12-06-06, 02:56 PM
Can someone tell me when WAR started having to be played out and rehearsed as thogh it's a play for the (POLICTIALY CORRECT) to entertain themselfs with? I am tired of the people who are our ENEMY...

LIL JOE
12-06-06, 02:56 PM
Can someone tell me when WAR started having to be played out and rehearsed as thogh it's a play for the (POLICTIALY CORRECT) to entertain themselfs with? I am tired of the people who are our ENEMY...

thedrifter
12-06-06, 03:14 PM
Wednesday, Dec. 06, 2006 <br />
Haditha Murder Charges? <br />
<br />
A senior Marine commander tells Congress that Haditha killings may constitute negligent homicide <br />
By SALLY B. DONNELLY/WASHINGTON <br />
<br />
A senior...

thedrifter
12-06-06, 07:11 PM
December 06, 2006 <br />
Marine families await Hadithah findings <br />
Key lawmakers briefed Wednesday on investigations <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif. — The word spread quickly this...

thedrifter
12-07-06, 06:40 AM
Marines likely to face charges in Haditha killings, congressman says <br />
Posted 12/6/2006 11:19 PM ET <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A congressman said Wednesday that about six Marines...

thedrifter
12-07-06, 06:53 AM
Squad leader to be arraigned in Hamdania case <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. The leader of a squad of Marines alleged to have kidnapped and killed an Iraqi civilian in April is due to be arraigned in a...

thedrifter
12-07-06, 08:01 AM
Mattis said to be free of political influence; Pendleton general at center of Haditha charging decision <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- People who know Lt. Gen. James N. Mattis...

thedrifter
12-07-06, 04:19 PM
Trial date for Marine charged in Iraq killing <br />
<br />
By Marty Graham <br />
<br />
A military court on Thursday set the court-martial of a U.S. Marine suspected of being the ringleader in the kidnap and murder of...

thedrifter
12-07-06, 08:50 PM
December 07, 2006 <br />
Sergeant arraigned in Hamdaniya case <br />
Trial set for April in Iraqi’s alleged murder <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif. — A squad leader at the center of...

thedrifter
12-09-06, 07:14 AM
Marine sergeant arraigned in Hamdania killing <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- The sergeant who led a Marine Corps squad charged in the April kidnapping and shooting death...

thedrifter
12-13-06, 06:12 PM
Haditha Massacre Charges Imminent <br />
ABC News Has Learned That U.S. Soldiers Allegedly Involved in Alleged Haditha Massacre Will Soon Be Charged <br />
By JONATHAN KARL <br />
<br />
Dec. 13, 2006 — - In an indication...

thedrifter
12-14-06, 06:50 AM
Appointments imply charges in Iraq case <br />
<br />
By Rick Rogers <br />
<br />
December 14, 2006 <br />
<br />
In a move virtually guaranteeing that some Camp Pendleton Marines will be charged in the...

thedrifter
12-14-06, 03:26 PM
Charges loom against Marines in alleged Iraqi civilian massacre <br />
<br />
A top general has approved the appointment of defence lawyers for Marines accused of killing 24 Iraqi civilians in a three-hour...

thedrifter
12-18-06, 07:01 PM
Marines To Be Charged For Haditha Civilian Killing <br />
<br />
(AP) CAMP PENDELTON, Calif. Military officials Monday say that the U-S Marine Corps plans to charge several Camp Pendleton Marines on Thursday in...

thedrifter
12-19-06, 07:42 AM
Marines' charges expected this week <br />
Servicemen accused of killing 24 Iraqis <br />
<br />
By Rick Rogers <br />
<br />
December 19, 2006 <br />
<br />
A group of Camp Pendleton Marines will be charged Thursday in the killings of 24...

thedrifter
12-19-06, 07:43 AM
Marines to unveil result of Haditha probe on Thursday <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON -- Authorities will announce on Thursday what actions prosecutors are taking against a...

thedrifter
12-19-06, 08:20 AM
Marine will be charged in killings <br />
By Thomas Watkins <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO - A Marine captain has been told that he will be criminally charged in connection with the killing of 24 civilians...

thedrifter
12-20-06, 06:10 AM
Captain to Face Charges in Marines' Killings of Iraqis, Lawyer Says <br />
<br />
By PAUL von ZIELBAUER <br />
The New York Times <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON, Dec. 19 - An officer responsible for the marines who killed two dozen...

thedrifter
12-20-06, 07:24 AM
Haditha decision may bring a sense of relief <br />
<br />
By: MARK WALKER and WILLIAM FINN BENNETT - Staff Writers <br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- The suspense ends this week for a group of Camp Pendleton Iraq war...

thedrifter
12-20-06, 10:07 AM
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 <br />
<br />
Haditha charges expected Thursday <br />
<br />
Staff and wire reports <br />
<br />
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 <br />
<br />
It appears charges are forthcoming against Marine Lance Cpl. Justin...

thedrifter
12-20-06, 03:16 PM
December 20, 2006 <br />
Corps to announce charges in Hadithah case <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif. — Marine Corps officials on Thursday will announce their findings from a lengthy...

thedrifter
12-21-06, 06:34 AM
Charges imminent for Pendleton Marines <br />
<br />
Thu Dec 21, 3:57 AM ET <br />
<br />
As many as eight Marines could be charged in the biggest U.S. criminal case to emerge...

thedrifter
12-21-06, 06:42 AM
Posted on Thu, Dec. 21, 2006 <br />
More Marines face charges in deaths <br />
Pendleton group involved in clash that killed 24 Iraqi civilians <br />
By THOMAS WATKINS <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO -...

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
12-21-06, 11:06 AM
To: The Honorable Robert C. Byrd, (D - WV), byrd.senate.gov/byrd_email.html <br />
The Honorable John D. Rockefeller, IV, (D - WV), <br />

thedrifter
12-21-06, 07:12 PM
Marines charged in Iraqi civilian deaths <br />
<br />
<br />
Eight Marines were charged Thursday in the killings of 24 Iraqi civilians last year during a bloody,...

thedrifter
12-21-06, 07:17 PM
8 Marines charged in massacre of 24 Iraqis at Haditha <br />
<br />
By Thomas Watkins <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. – Eight Marines were charged today in the massacre of 24 Iraqi civilians in...

thedrifter
12-21-06, 07:25 PM
December 21, 2006 <br />
<br />
8 Marines charged in Hadithah case <br />
4 face unpremeditated murder charges; 4 officers charged with dereliction of duty <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON,...

thedrifter
12-21-06, 07:50 PM
Marine's family comments on Haditha charges (3:46 p.m.) <br />
Article Launched:12/21/2006 03:22:55 PM MST <br />
The family of Marine Lance Cpl. Miguel Terrazas, whose death in Iraq may have set...

Arcade
12-21-06, 08:06 PM
There are all kinds of &quot;booby traps&quot; used in insurgent warfare. These guys were setup. The enemy goaded them into blind anger and set them up to be a vast propaganda tool. As such they will give vast...

thedrifter
12-21-06, 08:16 PM
electronicIraq.net <br />
News &amp; Analysis <br />
Who Will Pay For Haditha? <br />
<br />
Mark Weisenmiller, Electronic Iraq <br />
<br />
21 December 2006 <br />
<br />
TAMPA, Florida (IPS) - With charges expected to be filed Thursday against...

greensideout
12-21-06, 08:43 PM
These guys were setup, The enemy goaded them, set them up, they will give vast, They will be invaluble,
were the obvious, They fell for, They are all, Victims

I'm not sure where you came up with all that knowledge of what happened but you would be a good writer for CNN. :thumbdown

The Marines did their job. That's the bottom line! I hope that the judgement is in the reality of what was going on---War!

Arcade
12-21-06, 09:04 PM
I'm not sure where you came up with all that knowledge of what happened but you would be a good writer for CNN. :thumbdown

The Marines did their job. That's the bottom line! I hope that the judgement is in the reality of what was going on---War!
I said
"...There are all kinds of "booby traps" used in insurgent warfare. These guys were setup. The enemy goaded them into blind anger and set them up to be a vast propaganda tool. As such they will give vast aid and comfort to the enemy. They will be invaluable in enemy recruitment drives and thought control ops. We don't condone SS tactics in the Corps. 100 for one?
However, the Marines involved were the obvious victims of an intelligence operation. They fell for an old trap. They are alll casualties of war... Victims of a Booby trap.... Set by a ruthless enemy..."

They are as if they stepped on a mine.

How is it you do not understand my analysis? Any recurrance can be prevented by proper indoctrination in training. We are the good guys, Robin Hood, Hollywood, Knights of the round table, anti nazi films from the 40's. Restraint. But I am talking about Viet Nam era Marine Corps indoctrination. We are Loved in Vietnam till this very day. Our mission was to prevent mass slaughters by Communist insurgent forces. WE do not under any circumstance fire upon unarmed women and children. If you ordered me to do it, I would shoot you. You were either mad or had gone nazi in the brain. There were Marine officers that lacked proper indoctrination and motivation that got themselves fragged. This thing was caused by a breakdown in training.
The enemy will goad you into My Lai. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_massacre

As I said, these Marines were the victims of a Booby trap.
Training will prevent others from sharing their fate.

greensideout
12-21-06, 09:26 PM
This war is not a repeat of the war with "Communist insurgent forces". This war is about fighting Islam! The mindset of the followers is such that they would watch as an IED was being placed and never care to warn the US troops, in this case the Marines. It's not mama san trying to escape with her children, it's a follower of Islam with her children believing that the Marines should be killed.

It's a different time, a different war. Study!

Arcade
12-21-06, 10:05 PM
This war is not a repeat of the war with "Communist insurgent forces". This war is about fighting Islam! The mindset of the followers is such that they would watch as an IED was being placed and never care to warn the US troops, in this case the Marines. It's not mama san trying to escape with her children, it's a follower of Islam with her children believing that the Marines should be killed.

It's a different time, a different war. Study!
Nonsense. This war is about fighting evil and murderers. We are not at war with Islam, we are at war with Iblis and the ancient Assassin cult.
The sooner you submit to my Tao the better your grade. If you actually think you are at war to save Babylonian soil in a Holy war or Jihad remember the Christian world powers and that their God has sworn to destroy Babylon at the Millennium. Give thought that Europe is still ruled by Bishops and kings and etc.
We are not at war with Islam....
We are at war against Iblis the murderer...
The fight against the murderer has always been the mission of the Corps. this will never change. It is the same war always.

greensideout
12-21-06, 11:12 PM
Wake up and smell the coffee. We ARE fighting a war against Islam.

Arcade
12-22-06, 12:18 AM
Wake up and smell the coffee. We ARE fighting a war against Islam.
A war against Islam could never be won. A war against Buddha could never be won. Such a war is a fools errand. Vain. The Jitsu requires that we are the heroes. We are not at war with the apostles of God. We are at war with the apostates of God. With the heretics of Islam, the forces of the apostate Iblis cult. For by now even the most dunderheaded of men could see the dark cult that murdered the muslims of Iraq like a devouring satanic demon. Muslim murdering muslim. Such darkness and frenzy of murder has never been seen. Tactics that even the evil stupid Nazi would not use. Islam at it's core is a Jesus son of David cult. With Genies and girls. What you face is a dark demonic heretic cult. A murder cult. An assassin cult.

Datafeed on the ancient Assassin cult (http://www.cybotron.com/X14_ops/assassincult/Mosaic_Unit_9.htm)

thedrifter
12-22-06, 05:21 AM
Iraqis: Marines in Haditha case should be tried in Iraq <br />
Posted 12/21/2006 2:58 PM ET <br />
<br />
BAGHDAD (AP) — Some Iraqis said Thursday that U.S. military plans to charge Marines in the shooting...

thedrifter
12-22-06, 06:09 AM
Prosecutors file murder, dereliction of duty charges in Haditha case <br />
<br />
By: MARK WALKER, TERI FIGUEROA and WILLIAM FINN BENNETT - Staff Writers <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- Four enlisted Marines were...

Arcade
12-22-06, 06:17 AM
Exactly. And now that unit serves as a propaganda tool, giving perpetual on demand, aid and comfort to the enemy. <br />
<br />
An order to fire on unarmed people is an unlawful order. If it is obeyed the...

thedrifter
12-22-06, 06:58 AM
With charges in Haditha case, Marines hold officers accountable <br />
WCAX, VT <br />
<br />
CONCORD, N.H. The president of New Hampshire's Franklin Pierce Law Center says if it turns out that four Marine officers...

thedrifter
12-22-06, 07:10 AM
Marine commander is seen as tough but fair <br />
By Tony Perry, Times Staff Writer <br />
December 22, 2006 <br />
<br />
FALLOUJA, IRAQ — Lt. Gen. James N. Mattis, who brought the criminal charges in the Haditha case,...

thedrifter
12-22-06, 09:51 AM
Iraq town has little faith in U.S. trial of Marines <br />
<br />
By Majid Hameed <br />
<br />
<br />
Iraqis in Haditha, where 24 unarmed civilians were killed last year, said on Friday four U.S. Marines charged with their...

thedrifter
12-23-06, 06:55 AM
Posted on Sat, Dec. 23, 2006 <br />
<br />
Haditha Marines may not play plea bargain game <br />
San Diego: Still maintain no crime committed <br />
By THOMAS WATKINS <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO...

thedrifter
12-23-06, 08:08 AM
Haditha Investigation Finds Military Press Reports Inaccurate <br />
KPBS <br />
Dec 22, 2006 <br />
<br />
Eight Marines were charged Thursday in the killing of 24 Iraqis in Haditha last year. Four of the Marines are...

thedrifter
12-24-06, 06:29 AM
Little known about charged Marines <br />
John A, Williams <br />
The Edmond Sun <br />
<br />
EDMOND — Not much is known about the eight Marines recently charged in the deaths of 24 civilians in Haditha, Iraq, last...

thedrifter
12-24-06, 06:31 AM
December 22, 2006 <br />
Haditha Residents on Charged Marines: Let Us Have Them <br />
<br />
Here are excerpts from interviews with residents of Haditha, Iraq, and two adjacent towns about the announcement of...

thedrifter
12-28-06, 07:12 AM
Was it murder? <br />
<br />
Today’s editorial cartoon illustrates a tough question: When is it all right in wartime intentionally to kill civilians, and when is it murder? <br />
<br />
Eight Marines including four...

thedrifter
12-30-06, 08:03 AM
Charges against Marines detailed <br />
<br />
Documents released in Haditha slayings <br />
By Rick Rogers <br />
<br />
December 30, 2006 <br />
<br />
A unit of Camp Pendleton Marines used automatic weapons,...

thedrifter
12-30-06, 07:33 PM
Family Of Marine Killed In Haditha Slaying 'Outraged' <br />
<br />
UPDATED: 1:41 pm PST December 30, 2006 <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO -- Family members of the only U.S. Marine killed in the Haditha civilian slaying incident...

thedrifter
12-31-06, 10:07 AM
Can we judge actions of those under fire?

Ben Passen
Boca Raton
Posted December 31 2006

The young Marines who shot and killed so many Iraqi civilians committed an act of murder, but they are not murderers.

They themselves are the victims of a cruel and senseless war it was impossible for them to understand.

Sent to a foreign land to liberate its people from a brutal dictator and to bring them the blessings of democracy, only to find themselves being shot at from all sides, their buddies killed and decapitated when taken prisoner, and not knowing when the vehicles they were driving would be blasted to perdition by a roadside bomb, small wonder that a few of them found it too difficult to take, and had to lash out in fury at the enemy they saw around them, and that is the people they had come to liberate.

We sent these young men into this war. Who among us, back here in the States, is fit to judge them?

Ellie

thedrifter
01-01-07, 07:58 AM
Court papers released in Haditha case <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO, Dec. 31 (UPI) -- Court papers detailing the specific accusations against four Marines in the deaths of Iraqi civilians in Haditha have been...

thedrifter
01-01-07, 08:00 AM
2005 HADITHA KILLINGS <br />
Ohio Marine accused of botching probe saddened by charges <br />
Sunday, December 31, 2006 <br />
<br />
DAYTON (AP) — A Marine accused of failures in investigating and reporting details...

thedrifter
01-03-07, 09:53 AM
Haditha prosecutors may not need to name all dead Iraqis <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- The fact that four of the 24 Iraqi civilians allegedly killed by a group of Marines in...

thedrifter
01-05-07, 11:28 AM
Haditha case likely to have repercussions <br />
<br />
Experts say it could change the Marines <br />
By Rick Rogers <br />
<br />
January 5, 2007 <br />
<br />
The government hasn't even scheduled court...

thedrifter
01-06-07, 07:44 AM
Death in Haditha <br />
Eyewitness Accounts in Report Indicate Marines Gunned Down Unarmed Iraqis in the Aftermath of a Roadside Bombing in 2005 <br />
<br />
By Josh White <br />
Saturday,...

thedrifter
01-06-07, 07:56 AM
US marines killed Iraqis one by one in Haditha: report <br />
<br />
Time is GMT + 8 hours <br />
Posted: 6-Jan-2007 14:17 hrs <br />
<br />
Iraqi soldiers and US Marines conduct a foot patrol in Haditha, west of Baghdad....

thedrifter
01-06-07, 08:43 AM
Marine squad leader singled out by witnesses in Haditha incident <br />
<br />
<br />
WASHINGTON New details about the killings of 24 civilians over a year ago in Haditha (hah-DEE'-thuh), Iraq. <br />
<br />
A report from...

thedrifter
01-06-07, 09:07 AM
Hearing set for Marine officer charged in Hamdania assault <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- A Marine Corps officer charged with beating Iraqi civilians in the village of...

booksbenji
01-06-07, 03:55 PM
:( WASHINGTON - U.S. criminal investigators found no evidence to support the claim of Marines charged in the deaths of unarmed Iraqi civilians that five were shot after trying to flee the scene of a...

thedrifter
01-06-07, 04:28 PM
What it says on link.... <br />
<br />
<br />
Official: Evidence doesn't back Marines <br />
<br />
By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer <br />
<br />
U.S. criminal investigators found no evidence to support the claim of Marines charged...

OLE SARG
01-06-07, 05:03 PM
It seems with our driveby media and the acts of being "politically correct" have put a lot of good service men and women under the bus. It is BS but those in political positions aren't going to do "****e" for fear of, as stated in a previous post, losing their cushy arse jobs. WE NEED SOME PEOPLE WITH SOME BALLS TO GET THE JOB DONE - unfortunately I don't see any to fit that description in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially with the demos taking over the congress (apparently polosi is having a hard time finding politicians to serve on the "ETHICS" committees - HE HE !!!!!!!
SEMPER FI,

parson0311
01-06-07, 08:05 PM
I believe what was written about whatever happened to honor,corps and country. it is a shame that these 7 marines and corpsman are being ransacked and not being given a fair trial. I guess thats why I got out when my time was up. I served 3rd Battalion 3rd Marines India Co. when during the time me and buddies where in we heard it all don't do this don't do that. any how our Marine Corps has turned out to be spineless. please forgive me for saying this. but from what it looks like we are throwing our own to the dogs. I can only pray to God Almighty that this accusation will clear and they can carry on to complete the mission. one last thing that a mustang once said. and that was doing the right thing when nobody's looking. OORAH!!! Fellow Marines and Corpsman. Semper Fidelis!:flag:

parson0311
01-06-07, 08:05 PM
I believe what was written about whatever happened to honor,corps and country. it is a shame that these 7 marines and corpsman are being ransacked and not being given a fair trial. I guess thats why I got out when my time was up. I served 3rd Battalion 3rd Marines India Co. when during the time me and buddies where in we heard it all don't do this don't do that. any how our Marine Corps has turned out to be spineless. please forgive me for saying this. but from what it looks like we are throwing our own to the dogs. I can only pray to God Almighty that this accusation will clear and they can carry on to complete the mission. one last thing that a mustang once said. and that was doing the right thing when nobody's looking. OORAH!!! Fellow Marines and Corpsman. Semper Fidelis!:flag:

thedrifter
01-07-07, 08:34 AM
Marines' gruesome photos found in Haditha probe <br />
By JOSH WHITE <br />
The Washington Post <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON - Capturing images of war on their digital cameras, as many troops in Iraq have done, Marines took...

thedrifter
01-07-07, 08:46 AM
THE CONFLICT IN IRAQ: PREMIER'S PLAN FOR BAGHDAD; HADITHA SLAYINGS CASE <br />
Witness accounts of attack on civilians revealed <br />
From Times Wire Services <br />
January 7, 2007 <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON — A Marine squad...

thedrifter
01-07-07, 10:20 AM
Marines' Photos Provide Graphic Evidence in Haditha Probe <br />
<br />
By Josh White <br />
Sunday, January 7, 2007; A14 <br />
<br />
Capturing images of war on their digital cameras, as many...

thedrifter
01-11-07, 08:14 AM
Hamdania assault case reaches court today; more plea deals may be coming in killing of retired Iraqi policeman <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- A court hearing for a Marine...

thedrifter
01-12-07, 04:39 AM
Iraqi Civilians Could Testify Against Pendleton Marines <br />
<br />
<br />
UPDATED: 7:58 pm PST January 11, 2007 <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO -- Four Iraqi civilians could travel to Camp Pendleton to testify against U.S. Marines...

thedrifter
01-12-07, 04:49 AM
Iraqis to be brought to U.S. to testify in Hamdania assault case <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- The Marine Corps intends to bring four Iraqis to the U.S. later this month...

thedrifter
01-13-07, 08:06 AM
Hearing halted in Marine assault case <br />
<br />
Fri Jan 12, 9:29 PM ET <br />
<br />
A court hearing for a Marine officer charged with assaulting three Iraqi men was halted...

thedrifter
01-15-07, 06:49 PM
Attorneys for Marine ask for leak probe <br />
<br />
Mon Jan 15, 4:36 PM ET <br />
<br />
Attorneys for a Marine charged in the killing of Iraqi civilians in Haditha want the U.S. military to look into the leak of an...

thedrifter
01-15-07, 07:20 PM
Attorneys for Marine charged in Haditha killings of Iraqi civilians ask for leak probe <br />
<br />
Monday, January 15, 2007 <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON <br />
<br />
Attorneys for a Marine charged in the...

thedrifter
01-16-07, 06:35 AM
Haditha lawyers protest leak; claim news reports could taint jury pool <br />
<br />
By: WILLIAM FINN BENNETT - Staff Writer <br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- Attorneys representing two of four Marines accused of killing 24...

thedrifter
01-16-07, 06:52 AM
NCIS investigative methods come under fire over prosecution of Marine lieutenant <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- The investigative practices of the Naval Criminal Investigative...

Zulu 36
01-16-07, 07:31 AM
I've seen several questionable NIS/NCIS investigations over my years, including one I was dragged into in Vietnam.

I can't be certain, but it seems that NCIS investigators may be evaluated on the number of criminal cases they close by arrest. As a former cop and performance improvement specialist, I have my suspicions on this point. It is very dangerous to base a performance evaluation for beat cops on the number of tickets they write or detectives on the number of cases closed by arrest.

At my old department, cases closed were an important performance measure for detectives (and it should be), but "by arrest" was not the critical measure. A case closed as unfounded was equal to a case closed by arrest.

As a detective commander, I'd rather see a case carried as open forever than accuse an innocent person just to close it by arrest, and therein lies the danger when "closed by arrest" is a performance metric.

Note too, that cases are not "closed by conviction," so the investigator being evaluated on the basis of "closed by arrest" has the temptation of arresting on a weak case, or even fabricating evidence, just to make the arrest. Whether a conviction results doesn't matter to his performance evaluation.

I admit, in certain categories, such as homicides, "closed by arrest" IS an important measure of performance due to the severity of the crime. But it shouldn't be the only measure. However, careful and strict supervision by bosses and prosecutors is critical.

thedrifter
01-17-07, 07:45 AM
More plea agreements may be near in Iraqi civilian killing case <br />
<br />
<br />
NORTH COUNTY -- As reports continue to circulate that more plea agreements are near for some of...

thedrifter
01-17-07, 08:56 AM
Evidentiary hearings set for 2 Marines <br />
<br />
Corporals accused of killing former Iraqi police officer <br />
By Gidget Fuentes - Staff Writer <br />
Posted : Wednesday Jan 17, 2007 6:09:38 EST <br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif....

thedrifter
01-17-07, 02:46 PM
Haditha attorney accuses Pentagon of deception <br />
<br />
By Kristin Roberts <br />
Reuters <br />
Wednesday, January 17, 2007; 10:48 AM <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An attorney for the leader of a group of U.S. Marines...

thedrifter
01-17-07, 06:58 PM
REFILE-Haditha attorney accuses Pentagon of deception <br />
17 Jan 2007 15:36:26 GMT <br />
Source: Reuters <br />
<br />
(refiles to add dropped word &quot;about&quot; in first paragraph) <br />
<br />
By Kristin Roberts <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON, Jan...

thedrifter
01-17-07, 07:29 PM
US Marine to stand trial for Iraqi civilian death <br />
<br />
Wed Jan 17, 5:21 PM ET <br />
<br />
A United States Marine accused of murdering an Iraqi civilian pleaded not guilty here and will stand trial on April 18,...

thedrifter
01-17-07, 07:38 PM
January 17. 2007 6:23PM <br />
Marine pleads not guilty in Iraqi murder case <br />
<br />
<br />
A Camp Pendleton Marine charged in the kidnapping death of an Iraqi man pleaded not guilty to murder...

thedrifter
01-18-07, 08:29 AM
Report: Marine agrees to plead guilty <br />
<br />
Thu Jan 18, 6:05 AM ET <br />
<br />
A Marine corporal has agreed to plead guilty to unpremeditated murder in the death of an Iraqi man last year, a newspaper reported...

thedrifter
01-18-07, 09:46 AM
January 17, 2007
Haditha counsel accuses Pentagon of deceit
Thomas Lifson

Counsel for the Marines on trial for a supposed massacre in Haditha is charging that Pentagon officials intentionally misled or deceived the public about the case. The first report written about the case completely exonerated the troops. Reuters reports:
At first, the U.S. military said civilians were killed by a roadside bomb. Iraqi witnesses, however, said enraged Marines shot the civilians in their homes in retaliation for an attack that killed another U.S. serviceman.

Watt, the investigating officer, delivered a report in March 2006 that concluded there was no indication the Marines intentionally targeted and killed civilians. The Marines were taking small-arms fire and entered houses in the area as part of that fight, according to the report
Reuters said that it has a copy of the Watt Report.

But Defense Department (DoD) officials speaking anonymously last May about that first report from Col. Gregory Watt, as the case began to grab international attention, had said the investigation raised questions about the Marines' actions.

"I think the Watt report is proof of a concerted effort by certain DoD officials to either mislead or deceive the public on what occurred in Haditha," Zaid said.
Why would the military act this way toward our frontline troops?

[The Marines' attorney] Zaid said his client and the other Marines were victims of a U.S. government crackdown aimed at improving public perception of the American presence in Iraq after the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal and amid a series of cases in which service members were accused of killing civilians.

Ellie

OLE SARG
01-18-07, 10:03 AM
I am to the point where I say "**** uncle sam" and that includes ms murtha, and REMEMBER these Marines are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

thedrifter
01-18-07, 10:10 AM
Thomas to plead guilty in Hamdania killing <br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON ---- A 25-year-old Marine corporal is expected to plead guilty Thursday to a charge of murder in the...

thedrifter
01-18-07, 12:49 PM
Haditha: Newsmax’s Marine eyewitness fisks leaked NCIS report <br />
posted at 11:15 pm on January 17, 2007 <br />
<br />
As told to author Phil Brennan by “a veteran Marine intelligence officer, who was present ...