PDA

View Full Version : Parental Form?

Barret
07-26-06, 05:40 PM
Well, I have finally made a decision: I will go to college, and pursue a career in the Marine Corps as an Officer. I hope every single Poolee in here has a long, fruitful career in the Corps. Maybe, some day, we may meet in real life.

But now for my question: Do I still need a parental form to join the Corps, even as an Officer? I am an only child, and I've heard that only children must wait until they are 25 until they do not need a parental signature to enlist. Is the same true for Officers?

Wyoming
07-26-06, 06:00 PM
Well, I have finally made a decision: I will go to college, and pursue a career in the Marine Corps as an Officer. I hope every single Poolee in here has a long, fruitful career in the Corps. Maybe, some day, we may meet in real life.

But now for my question: Do I still need a parental form to join the Corps, even as an Officer? I am an only child, and I've heard that only children must wait until they are 25 until they do not need a parental signature to enlist. Is the same true for Officers?

Barret, your 1st statement is excellent and well written for a 16 yo. You have made great decision and I, for one, look forward to hearing of your jouney.

Your 2nd - are you ****ting me or are you serious?

Barret
07-26-06, 06:06 PM
Hey, Hey, Gimme a Break!:bunny:

LDO Capt
07-26-06, 06:14 PM
If you want to become a Marine Officer, there will be no breaks!! Congratulations on your decision, hit the books and stay in shape. If I can make a suggestion, look for a school with a ROTC program, it will help alot.

Barret
07-26-06, 06:20 PM
I am EXTREMELY lucky to be in a position where my favorite college (University of Oklahoma) is the only one in the state that offers NROTC. If they didn't, I'd be packing my bags and heading to Texas.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-26-06, 08:37 PM
The Company Gunny at OU is a great person, you'll love it.

Nobody needs a parent to consent once they're 18 years old. I'm an only child, it wasn't a problem.

Now, when you're doing the NROTC program, don't get too into the Navy stuff, stay green. And, take advantage of your student football tickets, the rest of us pay dearly for our seats.

Barret
07-26-06, 08:55 PM
Thanks, Echo. That really got me in a good mood about doing NROTC, some say NROTC takes too much time, and it's better to just go to PLC/OCC. I have only been to one OU Football game, when my hometown football team got to play there, and win the State Championship game last year.