PDA

View Full Version : You really should be sitting down when you read this one

fontman
07-26-06, 01:48 PM
Gold Star Mothers is an organization made up of women whose sons were killed in military combat during service in the United States armed forces. Recently a delegation of New York State Gold Star...

yellowwing
07-26-06, 03:08 PM
Debunked vicious rumor.

fontman
07-26-06, 03:26 PM
Source?

;)

yellowwing
07-26-06, 03:44 PM
Hillary and the Gold Star Mothers (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29666&highlight=Gold+Star+Mothers). Even the bit about the Secret Service was just conjured up.

The rumor was probably invented by the same smear team that attacked McCain's adopted Bangledesh daughter. They spun their BS in to "McCain fathered an illegitimate black child" for the South Carolina votes.

fontman
07-26-06, 03:48 PM
Well, we've laid the Gold Star Moms story to rest. What about the rest of it?? Are they billing the taxpayer for the lodging of those who have to protect their sorry asses?

yellowwing
07-26-06, 04:15 PM
I couldn't find a secondary conformation if they are actually waiving rental fees to the Secret Service.

I did find this official GSA press release that could be related or the original kernel of the rumor

GSA Awards Lease for Former Pres. Clinton's Harlem Office
GSA # 9815
viki.reath@gsa.gov

CORRECTED VERSION

Washington, D.C. -- The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) today awarded a 10-year lease for former President Bill Clinton at 55 West 125th Street in Harlem. The Office of President Clinton will occupy 8,300 square feet at the top of the 14-story building. GSA will pay $31.50 per square foot as base rent, plus $6.21 for improvements and $2.50 for electricity, for a total of $40.21 per square foot per year. The total rent is the same for the 308 square feet the Secret Service Space will occupy, which also is part of the lease.

Under the lease terms, GSA pays the landlord $346,127.68 per year. The Treasury Department reimburses GSA for the Secret Service Space. The Office of the Former President reimburses GSA for the Clinton space. (The cost of the Clinton space alone is $333,743; the cost of the Secret Service space alone is $12,385).

The Office of the Former President and the Secret Service pay a total of $366,895 to GSA, including management fees. Management fees cover lease negotiations and administration, along with property management.

The lease can be terminated at the end of the third, sixth, and eighth years. Occupancy is expected in July of this year. The landlord is Judy LLC., and the Managing Agent is Cogswell Realty Group LLC.

# # #

It looks the the Secret Service is paying the same square foot rate as the Clinton Office, but not the same overall dollar amount. And certainly not going into the Clinton pockets.

silentman972
07-26-06, 04:47 PM
screw that lady i got a fake hug from her when i got back from iraq

fontman
07-26-06, 06:36 PM
Thanks Yellowwing!

:thumbup:

Mike McIntyre
07-27-06, 08:24 AM
This may be a fabrication but there are numerous accounts of contempt shown by the Clinton White House toward our Military. If you need a source, start with Ollie North.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
A family member of mine is a Fed. He said there were Secret Service Agents who took early retirement because they knew they could not take a bullet for the First Lady or the President (Clinton).
<o:p></o:p>
I cannot see what the attraction would be for the Military to support her in “08”? But then I thought Carter was pro-military because of his background. There goes my credibility!!!!

yellowwing
07-27-06, 08:29 AM
This may be a fabrication but there are numerous accounts of contempt shown by the Clinton White House toward our Military.
Exactly! They both have enough dirty laundry that you don't need to make **** up. And its nowhere near all Monica related. :banana:

But I'd still like to remind folks like Ann Coulter, that they have not been President for 6 years.

OLE SARG
07-27-06, 08:29 AM
"massage parlor" bill and "lefty" hillary - what a pair - AND "NO" I could not take a bullet for either one of these *******s!!!!!!!!

hillary has a plan - I wish to hell she would tell someone so we could know what her PLAN is!!!

SEMPER FI,

Mike McIntyre
07-27-06, 08:42 AM
Agreed!!! You don’t have to stoop to their level to disagree but I hope ALL who do disagree WILL VOTE.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
We need politicians that have done something else in their lives (like paid Taxes not SPEND TAXES) and are not always looking to get re-elected.

redneck13
07-27-06, 04:23 PM
:!: :flag: :thumbdown I personally, think Hillary Dillary Dock, well, to me she sucks. Anyhow, she did meet with Gold Star Mother's, this is bogus info. SF CArry on Germs.