PDA

View Full Version : "Happy New Year From Leatherneck"

thedrifter
12-31-02, 11:29 AM
The Staff of Leatherneck wants to wish All Its Members a Safe, Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Let's Pray that this may be the last year our missing will have to spend on foreign soil and our Men and Women in Uniform who are in and will be going in Harms Way make it Home Safely to their Loved Ones.

We Wish to Thank All the Members....because without You there would not be a Leatherneck.com...............

Semper Fi and Happy New Year!!!!!!

Shaffer, thedrifter, Sparrowhawk, wrbones, Cas3, 3BadgeMarine, Gary, Sixguns, JAMarine and FREEBIRD

http://www.alighthouse.com/nyring.htm

thedrifter
12-31-02, 07:24 PM
New Year Prayer

God grant us this year a wider view,
So we see others' faults through the eyes of You.
Teach us to judge not with hasty tongue,
Neither the adult ... nor the young.

Give us patience and grace to endure
And a stronger faith so we feel secure.
Instead of remembering, help us forget
The irritations that caused us to fret.

Freely forgiving for some offense
And finding each day a rich recompense.
In offering a friendly, helping hand
And trying in all ways to understand;

That all of us whoever we are ...
Are trying to reach an unreachable star.
For the great and small ... the good and bad,
The young and old ... the sad and glad

Are asking today; Is life worth living?
The answer is only in, loving and giving.
For only Love can make man kind
And Kindness of Heart brings Peace of Mind.

By giving love, we can start this year
To lift the clouds of hate and fear.
author- Helen Steiner Rice

Sempers,

Roger and Ellie

thedrifter
12-31-02, 11:04 PM
Since it is already just past midnight on the east coast...........I want to be the first to wish everybody "A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR".

Sempers,

Roger

thedrifter
01-01-03, 12:16 AM
Recipe for a Happy New Year. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Anonymous

Take twelve fine, full-grown months; see that these are thoroughly free from old memories of bitterness, rancor and hate, cleanse them completely from every clinging spite; pick off all specks of pettiness and littleness; in short, see that these months are freed from all the past—have them fresh and clean as when they first came from the great storehouse of Time. Cut these months into thirty or thirty-one equal parts. Do not attempt to make up the whole batch at one time (so many persons spoil the entire lot this way) but prepare one day at a time.

Into each day put equal parts of faith, patience, courage, work (some people omit this ingredient and so spoil the flavor of the rest), hope, fidelity, liberality, kindness, rest (leaving this out is like leaving the oil out of the salad dressing— don’t do it), prayer, meditation, and one well-selected resolution. Put in about one teaspoonful of good spirits, a dash of fun, a pinch of folly, a sprinkling of play, and a heaping cupful of good humor.

wrbones
01-01-03, 01:35 AM
Happy New Years, folks!

Earle Comstock
01-01-03, 02:03 AM
Harley New year , Marines

firstsgtmike
01-01-03, 08:10 AM
Got a problem.

Check the threads here. Drifter posted "just past midnight" at 03:04 pm, January 1, 2003.

I'm supposed to be 12-13 hours ahead of you guys on the east coast, depending on daylight savings time.

Ten minutes after midnight last night, I wanted to be the first one to post a Happy New Years. I read the posts, and timewise, I was fourth in line, and YOUR New Year wishes were not presented until this evening.

Right now, MY clock reads January 1, 2003 2114 (9:14 pm).
The time at Leatherneck reads Jan. 1, 2003 2314 (11:14 p.m.)

But if I telephoned (real time) the states, the response would be "Good Morning .........". at 0x.14 A.M. On Jan 1st.

Seems like I should be able to have footall results, race results, and basketball results BEFORE the game is played.

That's the story of my life. ("Charlie, I could've been a contenda")

I'm the guy who discovered one-play, two-play, three-play, and ------then gave up. The guy who came after me, made history.

I'm the guy who suggested "build it and they will come". A major company stole my idea and made vibrators.

A movie about a baseball field also quoted it.

I think the vibrator company created an industry. (Inflatable dolls, flavored lubricants, crotchless panties, etc.)

A friend complained when we gave him an inflatable doll for his birthday. He woke up in the middle of the night, satiated and satisfied. He gave her a love bite, she farted and flew out the window.

What time is it, your time?