PDA

View Full Version : 08XX MOS (Field Artillery)

JWG
07-24-06, 11:50 PM
Can any Marine who's served in and is familiar with the 08XX (Field Artillery) MOS give me a general run-down on what it's like or more information on it, first hand?

Anything is appreciated, thank you!

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-26-06, 01:33 PM
You ride rather than walk. Carry heavy things and shove them into the gun. Lose some hearing. Oh, and you rule the battlefield.

And you can't leave out the best part, you go to MOS school in God's favorite place... Oklahoma!

JWG
07-26-06, 02:52 PM
You ride rather than walk. Carry heavy things and shove them into the gun. Lose some hearing. Oh, and you rule the battlefield.

And you can't leave out the best part, you go to MOS school in God's favorite place... Oklahoma!'

Sounds all good to me.. ;)

Only thing that caught my attention was that it's at Ft. Sill, mainly an Army base. Do they generally keep the Marines seperated?

(Echo Four Bravo - Just a question, were you in the 08XX MOS, or just know the general run-down?)

Thanks..

-Jon :iwo:

ggyoung
07-26-06, 05:21 PM
JWD all I had for mos training as a 0811 was OJT. As for my 2nd mos in arty as a 0812 was at North Island. I went to Ft. Sill OK for arty searchlight school. All I ever got out of that school was a wife from Duncon. I wish I had niver heard of OK. There is a lot of different mos in arty that are a good for rank advancement. The 0812 mos requars a top secert clearance. But I don't think there is a 0812 mos now. It was one mos that I am happy to have niver used. Neqular projo asembley man.

JWG
07-27-06, 08:52 AM
JWD all I had for mos training as a 0811 was OJT. As for my 2nd mos in arty as a 0812 was at North Island. I went to Ft. Sill OK for arty searchlight school. All I ever got out of that school was a wife from Duncon. I wish I had niver heard of OK. There is a lot of different mos in arty that are a good for rank advancement. The 0812 mos requars a top secert clearance. But I don't think there is a 0812 mos now. It was one mos that I am happy to have niver used. Neqular projo asembley man.

Thank you.