PDA

View Full Version : Meps

KWJR
07-23-06, 06:31 PM
I am going to MEPS in Des Plains IL tomorro, what should I expect. I read the other thread about it, but I just wanted some clarity. Thanks!!!

wsimkins
07-23-06, 06:34 PM
A whole lot of waiting. Your still a civie, they have to be very polite to you. Don't sweat it.

Brooklyn
07-23-06, 06:44 PM
Don't go to sleep in the lobby. ;)

Seriously, I pretty much laid it out in that other thread, one of the first posts. Let me know which parts you need clarification on and I'll see if I can help ya out.

KWJR
07-23-06, 07:13 PM
Ill read it again. Thanks

Lithium
07-23-06, 07:29 PM
A whole lot of waiting. Your still a civie, they have to be very polite to you. Don't sweat it.

The navy people the run the MEPS in St. Louis are FAARRRR from nice/polite.

Marine84
07-23-06, 09:00 PM
Yeah, a whole lot of waiting. My MEPS station was Fort Jackson in Columbia SC - yeah, Army - HAHAHAHAHA! They were pretty nice to us but it was funny cause when it came time to seperate the females from the males - they put us behind a locked door - we could get out but couldn't get back in if we did (unless we agreed to have somebody there to open it when we got back). We were told to stay in that particular part of the building until wake up the next morning.

kovanfleet
07-23-06, 11:31 PM
no privacy and alot of waiting.

nostoppinme
07-26-06, 09:14 PM
i went in Montgomery,al to MEPS, not trying to contradict anyone but the man looking at my junk while i was ****ing was pretty rude but it was just an experience, i was told to get used to being in that situation. but still it was nothing to sweat. a lot of waiting though. you know there was only four wanna be Marines at MEPS when i went that says alot to me...The FEW and the PROUD buddy! i am shipping out in AUG! thats AWASOME, i can hardly wait.

kovanfleet
07-26-06, 09:47 PM
i went in Montgomery,al to MEPS, not trying to contradict anyone but the man looking at my junk while i was ****ing was pretty rude but it was just an experience, i was told to get used to being in that situation. but still it was nothing to sweat. a lot of waiting though. you know there was only four wanna be Marines at MEPS when i went that says alot to me...The FEW and the PROUD buddy! i am shipping out in AUG! thats AWASOME, i can hardly wait.

ya the whole watchen ya pee thing was kinda wierd but i understand why they do it. My friend who joined the army went with me there couldnt go so like the fith time they said if he couldnt go they were sending him home, finaly after that he filled his cup LOL. when i was at Tampa MEPS there were only 2 people includeing me Deping in the Marines.

nostoppinme, when do ship in Aug.? I am leaven 28th.

wsimkins
07-27-06, 08:04 AM

Grammar? Capitalization? Why would the SSGT post rules for Poolees to use if he didn't want you to follow them. If you can't follow simple rules on a message board, how are you going to follow orders in combat?

I hate to sound like an a**hole, but I'm a sweetheart compared to what you're going to find when to get off the bus onto the yellow footprints. If you want to be a Marine you have to learn to follow the orders of your Staff Non-Commissioned, Non-Commissioned and Commissioned Officers.

Thank you.