PDA

View Full Version : Just Checking In

LivinSoFree
07-23-06, 09:06 AM
'Morning Marines.

Meyer here, just checking in from down the street in Q-Town (great little barbershop with a row of Dells for free internet access. 7 weeks down, next week is the widowmaker (Squad in the O, LRC II, 9mi night hump ,SULE II, Night IMC),back to back to back to back, with some other fun stuff thrown in there for fun. Training is progressing well, my platoon is down to 41 candidates (we started around 57 or 60), the company is down to 220, with a few more probably yet to get dropped. PFT is up thirty-something points as of the mid-cycle PFT at week 5, and it's some seriously good training.

Rumor has it that due to some connections that one of the candidates has up here from a publishing company he worked at that Nate Fick will be coming down to speak to the company next week! I'll keep y'all posted.

Hope all's well, and I'll check in as able and be back on board fulltime after the 11th of August. If anyone's in the area of Quantico and wants to come to graduation, feel free- it should be fun.

Until then...

-Meyer

CAS3
07-23-06, 09:23 AM
Meyer,
Glad to hear you are still hanging in there.

I would love to visit Stafford again.. LOL No, No I wouldn't.

As for Q town....it is approxiamately the size of a football field. You don't get out much do you, son!

Visit Fredricksburg if you can...there is alot of history in that entire area. I am sure the classes you are taking are buffing you up in civil war tactics!

Best Wishes.
Don't break anything.
Colleen

thedrifter
07-23-06, 10:14 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated....

Take Care and Enjoy the sites..

Ellie

Stanley Hroszow
07-23-06, 12:19 PM
Keep on keeping on, JC is with you hanging in, and finishing what you started is very important, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. the spirit is watching you with JC they help give it all to them then it gets better and your burden light remember Matthew 11-28 to 30

yellowwing
07-23-06, 03:54 PM
Good to hear from you Meyer. So have you figured out what the real obstacle is?

Marine84
07-23-06, 04:02 PM
You go BOY!

LivinSoFree
08-13-06, 10:39 AM
And he's back. Graduated off Brown Field on Friday (August 11th). Finished up pretty well, ended up in the Battalion Staff for the grad parade, which ended up being a veritable constellation of stars, since LtGen Osmond decided to retire AT our graduation. The Assistant Commandant was there, along with 3 or 4 3-Stars, a whole mess of 1 and 2 stars, and Colonels like they were having a sale on silver eagles. You know something's up when Captains and Majors are directing VIP traffic. It was a pretty cool deal.

Personally, I finished pretty well, my PFT made it up to a 273- a testament to the OCS PT program considering I checked in with a personally sub-par 236, and my overall average came out pretty well also. Just gotta finish school, then it's commissioning day. In the meantime, it's back to the real world! Good to be home, hope all's well.

Haha- CAS- Q-Town was just my stop on the way out to DC (and the place to go when you're stuck on base 'cause you're duty platoon). Actually I was able to get out a good bit, thanks in part to some extremely good friends who were willing to help me out. I got out to DC as much as I could when I was up there.

jinelson
08-13-06, 11:10 AM
Outstanding Meyer congratulations I cant wait for the biggie next summer that will make you a gentleman lol.

Semper Fi

Jim

yellowwing
08-13-06, 11:29 AM
Good to hear from you Meyer. Now you got a few months to add 27 points to that PFT score! ;)

Ignition
08-13-06, 01:18 PM
but technically anything over 280 is personal self-gratification

but keep pushing on congrats on graduating