PDA

View Full Version : Shoot Americans' Survey Results

10thzodiac
07-22-06, 07:44 AM
About one in four U.S. Marines would be willing to fire upon American citizens in a government gun confiscation program, according to the results of a survey undertaken nearly a year ago at a Marine Corps base in southern California.

http://www.ssrsi.org/os1/BBStext/shootus.htm

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="30%" align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/2002/05_02/images/heston7.jpg

</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#000000><TD>NRA president Charleston Heston raises an antique rifle into the air Saturday morning, proclaiing they'd have to take his gun "from his cold, dead hands."</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OLE SARG
07-22-06, 08:44 AM
That's scary BUT ain't nobody taking my guns!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Zulu 36
07-22-06, 11:08 AM
I might point out that survey and article were done in 1995. The data and conclusions may have little or no relevance to conditions in 2006.

OLE SARG
07-22-06, 01:14 PM
I would add that this situation is probably worst now - with all the leftwing *******s wanting to take firearms away from law-abiding citizens THEN of course the only ones with guns would be the crooks, thieves, rapists, murders, etc.

SEMPER FI,

HBD2ISDM
07-24-06, 02:16 PM
Since it seems that too many have forgotten, or never were taught, if it had not been for "right-wing, fundamentalist radicals" carrying their guns approximately 230 years ago, this country would not exsist.
I concur..."ain't nobody taking my guns!!!!!!!!!!!!"

outlaw3179
07-24-06, 02:25 PM
Id shoot also...aint nobody coming in to my house take my weapons away.

GunnyL
07-24-06, 05:49 PM
I pitty the SOB who tries to take my guns!!!!!!!!!

horselady
07-24-06, 06:47 PM
Wouldn't that require an amendment to the constitution?

onlyamarine
07-24-06, 06:59 PM
I think dumbasses forget the reason why we have the freedoms we have. In thought, what happens if a country launches an attack on our own land (United States). The first thought I have is that each household has guns, knifes, and many other fighting tools. This would make victory for our enemy more difficult.

rwillmarine
07-24-06, 07:15 PM
During hurricaine katrina aftermath national guard troops and new orleans police department confiscated a number of firearms from private citizens that had not broken the law. Later on the federal Government admitted that these americans right to bear arms had been violated.
the order to remove these fire arms came from the chief of police. not thr govenor, or any one such as the president.
upon admitting the wrong. firearms were not returned, they merely ceased the confiscation.
I saw a picture of a little old lady being stripped of her only defense a small revolver.
sad but true.

redneck13
07-24-06, 08:19 PM
Wouldn't that require an amendment to the constitution?
:mad: :evilgrin: willly billy and hillary dilary, already tried to remove all weapons from all American citizens, and failed miserably. Yes it would take a Monstrous piece of Legislation to even consider this being done. Get the facts first. First of all, the 2nd amendment is being challenged by several people, States, and so on. One view's it as, "America's right to bear arm's, personally." The second view is, "This amendment is viewed as so outdated, yet pertains to when it was established and established for "Militia" not each and ever single American." Don't get me wrong here. I think it's everyone's rights to have self protection, or be able to use a weapon, hand gun, rifle, shotgun, black powder, (no auto's) for sport, target shooting with clubs, or at the nearest dump or trash area, killing rats. Come to Texas and try to take away any personal weapons. In fact....According to several law enforcement official's in the state know that, in every vehicle there is a weapon. Not every I should say, but a majority. Loaded. The law is so ambiguous, about carrying a loaded weapon in a vehicle, not many officer's, except in large communities, i.e. Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, etc., will search, try to search, for any weapons, that live in rural area's, as most are rancher's and must be able to shoot a coyote immediately, for the sake of saving their bread and butter. In the larger cities well just use your head, put it in the trunk, as they will arrest you if seen, they say.
Nobody is going to come and take anybody's weapon away from then without just cause. More than likely the ones confiscated after Katrina, was because it was in a very bad location, high crime rate, and it was done so that "the Bad Guy's" who were looting, couldn't get them. My opinion. Now in Chicago, within the city limit's? You're not allowed to have a firearm, period. Many collector's had their firearm's taken, of high value priced. The law was passed, they decided not to obey it, so, it goes. They will not take my bow and arrow, I can guarantee you that. SF.

hrscowboy
07-24-06, 08:22 PM
This is what i would really like to see heres a platoon of Marines coming down a street and seeing another platoon of old Salt Marines standing in the streets with Marine Corps red hats. Now are you tellin me that these Marines are going to gun down there own Brothers and sisters because all the old salts are doing is protecting there right to bear arms.

redneck13
07-24-06, 08:28 PM
Ain't no way, Marine's are going to "kill" American's, period....not over this....this is B******S*****!!! in it's purist form.

About one in four U.S. Marines would be willing to fire upon American citizens in a government gun confiscation program, according to the results of a survey undertaken nearly a year ago at a Marine Corps base in southern California.

http://www.ssrsi.org/os1/BBStext/shootus.htm

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="30%" align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/2002/05_02/images/heston7.jpg

</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#000000><TD>NRA president Charleston Heston raises an antique rifle into the air Saturday morning, proclaiing they'd have to take his gun "from his cold, dead hands."</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Zulu 36
07-24-06, 08:31 PM
I think dumbasses forget the reason why we have the freedoms we have. In thought, what happens if a country launches an attack on our own land (United States). The first thought I have is that each household has guns, knifes, and many other fighting tools. This would make victory for our enemy more difficult.
Trust me, the liberals and communists have not forgotten. In fact, they know in order to take over, the populace needs to be unarmed because otherwise their "victory" would be very difficult indeed.

The scary part is so many Americans are blind to what is happening that their guns will be illegal before they know it. Instead of preventing a civil war through early action (in the voting booth), late action (in combat) will be needed.

hrscowboy
07-24-06, 10:56 PM
You wanna see a revolution try takin the guns away from the vietnam vets and see what happens.. You dont want an uprising you dont have enough service people to do anything against the Vietnam Vet. let me get to my 120 acres of woods and i will own your arses. let us get to the woods and we will own all there arses. We are the only ones that have the training in the jungle and the knowledge of bobbie traps. You cant Kill what you cant see..

RLeon
07-25-06, 12:15 AM
You wanna see a revolution try takin the guns away from the vietnam vets and see what happens.. You dont want an uprising you dont have enough service people to do anything against the Vietnam Vet. let me get to my 120 acres of woods and i will own your arses. let us get to the woods and we will own all there arses. We are the only ones that have the training in the jungle and the knowledge of bobbie traps. You cant Kill what you cant see..
You just gave me a Rambo: First Blood flash back.

Trautman: I don't think you understand. I didn't come to rescue Rambo from you. I came here to rescue you from him.

Teasle: Well, we all appreciate your concern Colonel, I will try to be extra careful!

Trautman: You picked the wrong man to push.

Teasle: No, Trautman, HE picked the wrong man.

Trautman: That boy's a heart attack! He may be the best the Special Forces ever produced. Whatever you're planning to throw at him here, he's been through a whole lot worse, in lot worse places than this. I'm just amazed he allowed any of your posse to live.

Teasle: Is that right?

Trautman: Strictly speaking, he slipped up. You're lucky to be breathing.

Teasle: That's just great. Colonel, you came out here to find out why one of your machines blew a gasket!

Trautman: You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best.

Teasle: Are you telling me that 200 of our men against your boy is a no-win situation for us?

Trautman: You send that many, don't forget one thing.

Teasle: What?

Trautman: A good supply of body bags.

hrscowboy
07-25-06, 12:29 PM
Hahahaha well i aint no rambo but its going to be one hell of a fight you can bet on that..

recon532002
07-25-06, 01:16 PM
Do you think they might have misunderstood the Question. I would like to reask this question again at this time. How many of you would be willing to fire opon US citizens not surrendering there weapons.:mad:

Camper51
07-25-06, 01:20 PM
They can have any and all of my weapons when thye can pry them out of my COLD>DEAD> HANDS....I refuse to give em up willingly to anyone...

Mike McIntyre
07-25-06, 01:45 PM
The post claims that 25% of the US Marine Corps would fire on American citizens who refused to give up their guns.

Please, note who posted this survey. This was intended to STIR the pot. I doubt Marines would confiscate weapons against the Second Amendment.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Just take your own survey. Of the Marines, who would challenge the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Amendment? <o:p></o:p>

If they were being shot at, they would just kill the SOB.

redneck13
07-25-06, 04:56 PM
:!: You know who wanted to stir up some crap. He has accomplished this. I am out of here.

hrscowboy
07-25-06, 09:47 PM
I would not fire on anyone unless they started pointing weapons at me and then the fight is on....

jennifer
07-26-06, 12:28 AM
If I were old and wise and had been through what most of you (SALTS) have been through I wouldn't give up **** either!! And I wouldn't want to be the one taking them away either.

M1A
08-22-06, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know why the "Japs" did not attack America during WWII? Or Germany for that matter?

Why are you a Marine? Or a Paratrooper? Or a Sailor?

Could this be the reason:

http://causapatet.blogspot.com/

It should be the only reason!