PDA

View Full Version : Height

usmcwanab
07-21-06, 11:45 PM
I am 5'10" tall and 105 pounds. Does anyone think that Iam going to have a hard time a boot camp? Are the instructors going to give me hell because of my height? How many people are there in the Corp. that are my size? I might not join because of how tall I am, is that good or bad? Please Respond....anyone. Thanks

usmcwanab
07-21-06, 11:54 PM
Sorry i ment my height is 5'3" not 5'10" My bad...But what do you think???

jackson07
07-21-06, 11:57 PM
If you want to be a Marine go for it. Don't let anyone stop you! You must do what is right for yourself, no one else matters. If you want to claim the title of United States Marine, GO FOR IT! :flag:

JWG
07-22-06, 12:15 AM
What Jackson said.. if you want it.. GO GET IT!

Only thing stopping you would be yourself.. and if that's the case, then that Title ain't for you.

What will it be? MOTO!!!

usmcwanab
07-22-06, 12:37 AM
Hell Yea!!

JWG
07-22-06, 12:53 AM
Hell Yea!!

Glad to see you got some determination and motivation in you.

Now.. please fill out your profile like you're supposed to so we know a little about who we're speaking to.

Good luck on your journey.. stay Motivated!

vickymarine11
07-22-06, 01:07 AM
You're height aint got nothing to do with it. If the drill intstructors are calling you out it cuz you aint putting out during PT, you ain't sounding off, youre moving online, youre bunkie always messing up, you can't drill worth anything, etc...If you're worried about being the only short person in your platoon trust me you won't be. If you want to be a Marine go after it there have been many individuals your size who have done it and there aint no reason that you can't. Also during bootcamp you'll see many tall recruits who can't get over obstacles, can't run, and ain't got no confidence so do not be discouraged. The guide of a platoon isn't the tallest recruit, but the best recruit. Good Luck and Semper Fi-Vicky

Accord
07-22-06, 01:43 AM
There was a recruit who just recently graduated and was 4'7", there was an article about him in one of the Marine Corps publications, I believe the article is somewhere on www.USMC.mil

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-22-06, 01:51 AM
My best friend in the Corps is 5'5- not much taller than you. One of my good friends from high school that enlisted is about the same height. It doesn't really matter how tall you are, as long as you have the heart to be a Marine.

kovanfleet
07-22-06, 11:15 AM

that was the second time in 5 mins you miss typed your height. if your height really is 5-3 dont worry there are plenty of short people in the Corps i would imagine.

Brooklyn
07-22-06, 03:15 PM
Forget the hieght, you'd better start eating some potatoes and bread and getting on a weight bench! You're right on the borderline of the minimum weight required to enlist.

Out of curiousity, how old are you? I'm thinking you aren't finished growing yet anyway...

Skyywalker
07-24-06, 01:18 PM
My recruiter is 5'3 and he is a pt stud. according to him, he graduated boot as squad leader, and got a 300 on the pft. he said the sdi told at the end of the crucible that he was the best recruit he had ever seen and the only reason he didnt get honor grad was because the guy who did was 6'2 260 pounds of pure muscle and he said he looked more like a marine. im 5'5 myself and the only thing im worried about that has to do with my height is whether or not there is a step up to the pull up bar. i can do 13 but getting up there is the hard part. just go with a big heart in place of your small body and im sure that you will come out fine.

yellowwing
07-24-06, 01:26 PM
You are gonna catch hell no matter how tall you are! Just make sure your PT and knowledge are up to snuff.

David Jameson
07-24-06, 01:42 PM
Brien, So your 5"3. Go for it Wildman.I've met some mean 5"3 people.I can't be alone on that.

Marine84
07-24-06, 03:42 PM
I'm one of them mean 5'3" people - DIs gave me more hell for my Southern accent than anything else.

Brooklyn
07-24-06, 03:46 PM
But is 5'3" considered short for a woman?

His_angel
07-24-06, 04:00 PM
But is 5'3" considered short for a woman?

Short is short man or woman. And yes. I was the shortest and was at the rear of the formation unless I was squad leader at the time. Though I was 5' 2" at the time of boot.

Angel

drillinstructor
07-24-06, 04:54 PM
5 3 105 lbs......you better be in shape.....pack half your weight 54 hours straight........hmmm yes you are gonna have problems but you can do it...