PDA

View Full Version : what to do

joeb33880
07-21-06, 07:25 AM
ok heres a new wrinkle.. my son got a rent-to-own tv prior to going into active service..the tv is soley in his name. Now the rent-to-own people are trying to repo his tv.. his recruiter told me that they can not do this since he falls under the sailor relief act .. is this true?

Marine84
07-21-06, 08:18 AM
I don't think so unless this is something new that they do these days - I still had to make my car payment. He should have made some sort of arrangement with them before he left.

GySgtRet
07-21-06, 08:25 AM
The Soliders and Sailor's Relief Act is only enacted when there is a hardship such as being in an overseas assingemnt, or when there is a hardship to respond to actions that the member needs to take action on. Your son signed a contract befor ehe joined. I would say or advise that he needs to seek legal counsel through LSS (Legal Support Services) at any Marine Corps installation and see if anything could be done.

joeb33880
07-21-06, 08:30 AM
The Soliders and Sailor's Relief Act is only enacted when there is a hardship such as being in an overseas assingemnt, or when there is a hardship to respond to actions that the member needs to take action on. Your son signed a contract befor ehe joined. I would say or advise that he needs to seek legal counsel through LSS (Legal Support Services) at any Marine Corps installation and see if anything could be done.

funny GySgt.. my son is at parris island.3rd bn I co..

outlaw3179
07-21-06, 10:38 AM
Let them take that p.o.s since its rent to own and the interest is probably high as hell anyway. Youll end up paying double what its worth.