PDA

View Full Version : Vacationing in Beirut

fontman
07-20-06, 05:03 PM
Vacationing in Beirut <br />
July 20, 2006 <br />
The Washington Times <br />
<br />
From the U.S. media's recent coverage, you might think that the Bush administration intentionally stranded Americans in the middle of a...

OLE SARG
07-20-06, 07:28 PM
Towelheads with passports!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

ringoffire
07-22-06, 06:12 PM
We (me & The Husband) were sitting in Miamis' airport, dreading the 4hr layover. The evacuation of Americans and other countries was all over CNN, unfortunatly they don't provide remote controlls for thier TVs. All I kept hearing from the talking head on CNN was how bad and how slow our Marines were in thier evacuation effort. It was very frustrating for me to sit there and all I wondered was how can the news media be so critical (I'm a realist, so I know this will never change). Do they know what goes into coordinating an emergency evacuation?...no answer needed, it's rhetorical.

As far as the people being in the middle east "vacationing", they can't complain...they were warned and knew the risks....DUH!!

Didn't mean to get on a soapbox here, but the media frustrates me to no end.

OLE SARG
07-22-06, 07:14 PM
The drive-by media in the United States is a JOKE!!!!!! They don't worry about facts and the truth in their reporting. AND it bothers me that it continues to get worse - look at the new yorks times - talk about a RAG!!!! AND the editor is an idiot!!!!
'nuff said!!!

SEMPER FI,

keiths mom
07-22-06, 11:57 PM
I know what you mean if they only knew , my son is one of the Marines aboard the USS Nashville that has been helping with the evacuation. If the Americans would take in the warnings and keep there butts in America then our troops would not have to be in such a dangerous area and be able to stay on there original mission:marine: