PDA

View Full Version : Leaving in 4 days

mincj
07-20-06, 03:08 PM
I don't think anyone is too familiar with me in here since I never really replied to any posts nor posted many posts but just wanted to inform everyone that I'm leaving to boot camp on the 24th...I'm so unbeliveably nervous and shaking with fear even as I type at this very moment. I'm just thinking of the absolute worst scenarios so when I get there, it wouldn't be as bad as I thought it would be. Through reading an endless amount of topics in here, thanks to all of you, all of the questions I've had were answered. This forum was truly a great help to me.

Well annnnnyways...Who else here is leaving this Monday?

JWG
07-20-06, 03:13 PM
First of all, good luck at bootcamp. Just remember, do exactly what the DI's tell you without question!

Think of it as vacation from your brain for 13 weeks.. only bad thing is that you have a 10 day leave afterwards where you have to ACTUALLY THINK FOR YOURSELF!! :banana:

Bring back that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor!

Stay Motivated. :flag:

thedrifter
07-20-06, 04:09 PM
Good Luck

Ellie

Camper51
07-20-06, 04:40 PM
Your worst fears will NOT be realized. However you will find out that bootcamp is VERY physically and mentally demanding and you will end up doing far more than you ever imagined possible for you. It is the Drill Instructors job to take a slimy puke civilian and turn him/her into a finely tuned Marine...

Good luck, and holler back after you graduate...

Stanley Hroszow
07-20-06, 04:57 PM
Good Luck and when you get back as a Women Marine start some chattering it keep me going.

jennifer
07-20-06, 10:55 PM
ORRRAAAH!!! Hey Devil PUP!! Keep your head up and make us Women Marines PROUD!! MY GySgt always tells me and reminds me that the males may be the few the proud but the WM's are the fewer the prouder We are only about 1,700 WM and there are about well, a whole crap load more MALE MARINES. But we are all brothers and sisters and we all love each other so. Semper Fidelis and don't forget to tell us you have returned and earned the title United States Marine!!!

AmyG
07-20-06, 11:49 PM
Good luck, girl! You must have been one of the lucky ones who didn't get their date shoved back. Ribbons 16, K8 Mac, and I were also supposed to go the 24th, but we were moved to Aug 7 and 28. Talk about a bummer! lol. I wish you all the best! Stay motivated, and know there are tons of people here rootin' for you all the way!

BTW, noticed you're originally from S Korea. Me too. I was born on an Army base in/near Seoul. My mom's Korean. I look more American, though, thanks to Daddy...lol.

mincj
07-21-06, 12:27 AM
Thank you all for the support. I really do hope that I return as a United States Marine. I'm going to die in boot camp, I just know it. It's going to be my punishment for not preparing and exercising a single muscle even though I knew my shipdate was approaching.

To Amy G - Why were you guys moved to Aug? I don't understand why that would happen. =(

JWG
07-21-06, 12:02 PM
Thank you all for the support. I really do hope that I return as a United States Marine. I'm going to die in boot camp, I just know it. It's going to be my punishment for not preparing and exercising a single muscle even though I knew my shipdate was approaching.

To Amy G - Why were you guys moved to Aug? I don't understand why that would happen. =(

WHAT?!?!?

Come on, you can't have a negative, un-sure attitude like that going into Boot!

Stay MOTIVATED.. do everything you're told without question, and DO YOUR BEST and WORK YOUR HARDEST on everything they tell you to do.

JUST DO YOUR BEST, AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU CAN POSSIBLY DO TO GET WHAT YOU NEED TO GET DONE... DONE!

You WILL come back with that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.. and it WILL be the best thing you've done in you're life. I want to see a Yellow and Red ensignia avatar on your profile after those 13 weeks are up!

GOOD LUCK, just.. STAY MOTIVATED and DO YOUR BEST!

Motivated,

-Jon :iwo:

jackson07
07-21-06, 12:53 PM
You WILL NOT quit, or give up, and you shall not DIE.

YOU WILL RETURN A UNITED STATES MARINE!!!!

Always remember this above all else.....

You shall come back to us as a Marine. Think positive. Put your mind to it and it shall happen.

David Jameson
07-21-06, 01:21 PM
You can only die on command.Good ,GOD love ya

marinepride
07-21-06, 01:24 PM
All you gotta do is live chow to chow and sunday to sunday. Your not gonna be the only one that feels they didn't prepare enough. You will make it and come home with the Proud Title of United States Marine.

His_angel
07-21-06, 01:47 PM
Boot camp is what it is. You can work out and study all you want before you get there. And that might make you feel like you're prepared. Fact is, NO ONE is fully prepared for boot. That's what boot is for. They'll start ya off slow and build ya up. They don't expect you to run 3 miles as soon as you step off the bus.

A larger part of it is mental. You have to go in with the right mentality and then keep it. The DI's are going to tell you that you can't cut it and you don't belong in their Marine Corps. Then it's up to you to prove them wrong. You won't be the only one. There will be another 59 women there with you. Sadly not everyone will make it. Though it is entirely up to you and you only if you make it or not. You have to be the one to believe in yourself and push yourself. Best of luck. Hopefully we won't see you for 13 weeks.

Angel

RAGINGRHINO
07-21-06, 02:10 PM
Good luck Pup

Osotogary
07-21-06, 02:36 PM
Best of luck, mincj. Before you know it you will be telling us all about it. May God bless you and keep you. Take care.

vickymarine11
07-21-06, 04:14 PM
Good Luck. I just graduated from recruit training and the first days are the worse, but afterwards you get into routine. During some parts of training you will be absolutely miserable, but you get use to it. So your shipping on the 24th I think you might be picking up with my drill instructors and my company. I graduated Oscar Company its the PT company and the toughest company for female recruits at Parris Island. We had pickups from November and Papa company and they couldn't drill and PT worth anything. Just remember move fast, sound off, and never look at a drill instructor in the eye. You will do fine, be CONFIDENT. In the end when you graduate with a first class PFT you'll apperciate all the yelling and the PT. In fact, you'll even be bragging about how many times you got sent to the pit in one day, longest time you spent on the querarterdeck and how tough your drill instructors are, etc.

JWG
07-21-06, 04:30 PM
Listen to this girl, she knows her stuff. Remember, she JUST GOT BACK from Bootcamp.

Make her proud by becoming not only a fellow Marine to her.. but a fellow Women Marine. They're growing in numbers.. and it's a GREAT thing.

--

P.S - Congratulations, PFC. Vicky! MOTO!

Good Luck. I just graduated from recruit training and the first days are the worse, but afterwards you get into routine. During some parts of training you will be absolutely miserable, but you get use to it. So your shipping on the 24th I think you might be picking up with my drill instructors and my company. I graduated Oscar Company its the PT company and the toughest company for female recruits at Parris Island. We had pickups from November and Papa company and they couldn't drill and PT worth anything. Just remember move fast, sound off, and never look at a drill instructor in the eye. You will do fine, be CONFIDENT. In the end when you graduate with a first class PFT you'll apperciate all the yelling and the PT. In fact, you'll even be bragging about how many times you got sent to the pit in one day, longest time you spent on the querarterdeck and how tough your drill instructors are, etc.

wsimkins
07-23-06, 08:20 AM
God Speed. My favorite saying:

"Don't sweat the small S**t! It's all small s**t!"

Check in when you get back.