PDA

View Full Version : "Run Coward Run"

Accord
07-20-06, 12:07 AM
I just recently found out the father of someone I know was a Vietnam-era draft dodger. I'm shocked, appalled, and felt like throwing up when I heard this news.

Anyways, I found a great poem written by a Marine who served in Vietnam which I thought was absolutely fantastic and wanted to share it with everyone on here:

"RUN COWARD RUN"

Deep within this Marine, the hatred I have for you has no cure,
you ran and let My Country down, and that's for sure ....

I lived in the jungle where day after day it was death, blood, sweat and tears,
but you really didn't care about me in Vietnam, for you had no fears ....

By day and night you'd protest, party, laugh and play,
while back in Vietnam, "Tom's been killed" I'd hear them say ....

As a Marine I stand Proud and Tall, from My Country, I'd never run,
even though I know Vietnam is not a game, nor is it fun ....

I made alot of friends in Vietnam .... Tom, Bill, Gunner and Joe,
but to visit them now, to Arlington National Cemetary I must go ....

One day I stood in silence overlooking the graves of all who died,
they had served their country with Honor, Dignity and Pride ....

I cried tears one rainy day in Vietnam until I couldn't see,
trying to comfort my dying friend, he said to me, "bye Al, remember me" ....

My close friend had died for his country with Pride, and without shame,
while you went to Canada thinking this was all a game ....

Never shall I consider forgiving you for running away,
to me, your a coward and a disgrace to My Country is all I can say ....

The hatred embedded within me toward cowards like you,
will never be forgotten within me, no matter what you say or do ....

America is My Country, and it's the freedom that I enjoy and love,
and I will serve My Country again if push comes to shove ....

To avoid the draft, you deserted My Country to do nothing but hide,
while American Patriots fight in Vietnam, and many have died ....

You treated me with great dis-respect and dis-honor when I came back,
you smoked your weed, called me filthy names, and manners you did lack ....

War is hell, and we realize that many good men will die,
It breaks my heart to see parents of KIA's break down and cry ....

You don't deserve the freedom that I fought to preserve, you ran to hide,
so stay in Canada cowards, and permanently there reside ....

This Marine shall NEVER forgive you for running, or forget it,
without shame or guilt, upon your grave I shall spit ....

SEMPER FI

http://members.tripod.com/~vet2/ddodger.html

JWG
07-20-06, 12:21 AM
Draft dodgers.. buncha pussy-****s! Traitors...

God Bless all the honorable military servicemen and women and Marines who served in the Jungles of Nam. God Bless..

ivalis
07-20-06, 05:56 AM
it took more balls than you think to give up your country.

to paraphrase John Prine......

"i'd rather have names thrown at me than to fight for a thing that ain't right"

JWG
07-20-06, 10:52 AM
I know what you're saying, ivalis.

But, in my humble opinion, if they were 'giving up their country' because it wasn't right to fight for, and they left this country in the dust in a time of war when they're country needed them, then they should stay out and not come flocking back when the dust cleared and their freedom was secured again for them.

David Jameson
07-20-06, 11:11 AM
J --speaks for me. they should never be welcome back.

jackson07
07-20-06, 11:24 AM
I believe it does someone a great dishonor to run from the draft. If they wish to leave, so be it, but they should not be welcomed back. If one wishes to live in our country and take advantage of the freedoms offered to it's citizens I believe they should be willing to fight for them. That is just my two cents.

Camper51
07-20-06, 11:34 AM
Ivalis, only cowards dishonor their country by running. If you wish to support cowards then go to Canada or where ever and support them.

I enlisted to serve my country, wrong or right. No one or country is perfect, however this country is mine. I defended her honor, I did it honorably, and I will not molly coddle some coward who chose to turn his back on MY country and MY flag.

The honor of being called a MARINE stands tall with me, almost as tall as the HONOR of my country and flag and they fall 2nd and 3rd after my God.

Marine84
07-20-06, 11:34 AM
You got that right - I have an Uncle (that was only 18 at the time) that died in Vietnam. Even at 18 - he had more BALLS than this guy does AND he volunteered at 17 (he had to get my grandmother to sign for him). In some of his letters he wrote that he knew everybody over here wasn't crazy about the whole thing but he didn't care, he would do it all over again! AT 18! Now THAT'S a F'ING Marine for you!

You should tell your friend to look at this:
http://www.virtualwall.org/dm/McmakinWT01a.htm

Tell him THIS is what a lot of people like me have dealt with since then and HIM and HIS SORRY A$$ DADDY shouldn't be telling the world that he dodged. Unless he wants to make some folks mad!

And Ivalis - I can't BELIEVE that you're a Marine and saying something like that. Balls? To give up your country? My a$$! I don't even have a set and I would NEVER give up my country!

Covey_Rider
07-20-06, 12:05 PM
ivalis I'm confused on how you can say that. How does it take alot of balls to TURN YOUR BACK ON YOUR COUNTRY. No disrespect or anything but if you think that courage is to run away then you've gotta re-think everything a little bit. But yeah I agree with everyone else as far as keeping the door shut to draft dodgers...I say they should be able to earn back U.S. citizenship by serving as active duty for 2-4 years. That's about the only thing that would really pursuade me to let them all back in. If you don't like the country you live in then don't stay there. If you're not patriotic towards America then find a new place to go. I'm touchy about people constantly trash talking this country.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-20-06, 12:42 PM
ivalis, I would rather do anything that fight for something that isn't right. But, fighting for the US will never be the wrong thing to do. It angers me that there people were not forced to pay the price for their actions. In order for them to live in the society they were too weak to defend, they should have turned several million big rocks into little ones.

ggyoung
07-20-06, 12:44 PM
Camper51 you are so right. Nobody could have said it better. I stand by you and togetfer we stand in front of our flag. S/F

Mike McIntyre
07-20-06, 12:58 PM
I had more respect for the guy who sat in prison than the guy who ran to Canada. Most who post here are/were enlisted and not drafted. Ivalis, if that was your point I might understand somewhat?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I had 3 brother-in-laws who served in Nam. My sister was an Army nurse near “China Beach”. She was there because her unit saw a lot of Marines. Her fiancé was a Marine chopper pilot who was shot down and killed. She patched one soldier up twice. He later became her husband,
<o:p></o:p>
We all were affected. It was a bad political war that was not supported by our own government. It took Desert Storm (20 years later) to bring respect back to some of those brave men and women who served in that conflict.
I know what you were taught in school was, “It takes guts to stand up for what you believe in”. These Marines are not bashing you for that. What school did no tell you was, “It doesn’t take anything to cut and run. If you want change, Stay and fight for it!”
By giving this father, who ran to Canada, any credibility, you desiccate every name on that long black wall on Mall in D.C.

http://www.kurun.de/Images/2004/2004_01_washington/Vietnam_Veteran_Memorial_gross.jpg<o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>

<v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 198.75pt; HEIGHT: 110.25pt" o:button="t" target="_top" href="http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMilAwb9ESvQAi_OjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=1390qqqma/EXP=1153503936/**http%3a//www.kurun.de/Images/2004/2004_01_washington/Vietnam_Veteran_Memorial_gross.jpg" alt="Image Preview" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.kurun.de/Images/2004/2004_01_washington/Vietnam_Veteran_Memorial_gross.jpg" src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/MMCINT~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

Mike McIntyre
07-20-06, 01:02 PM
Major mistake! Ivalis, you were there. What gives?

David Jameson
07-20-06, 01:46 PM
Nothing on the profle,but your(his ) replies to some threads sound a little to the left of Mike Moore .Flag burning ok ,ect,ect. Now I know everyone is intitliled to thier oppinion (I"m Frigen sick of hearing that) But if you are going to throw out some thing so off the wall like --I respect Draft dodgers-into a forum like this I wish (Ivalis) you fill out your profile and tell us a little about yourself. Common buddy ,fill her up

ggyoung
07-20-06, 07:42 PM
How has ivalis got 558 posts and no one inclouding me has ever called him on that? HOW?

Brooklyn
07-20-06, 10:10 PM
Wait, so can draft dodgers actually return to the country without facing any consequences? I mean, doesn't that make them Article 85?

Phantom Blooper
07-20-06, 10:23 PM
Jimmy Carter..Amnesty

Just a day after Jimmy Carter's inaguration, he followed through on a contentious campaign promise, granting a presidential pardon to those who had avoided the draft during the Vietnam war by either not registering or traveling abroad.
The pardon meant the government was giving up forever the right to prosecute what the administration said were hundreds of thousands of draft-dodgers.

ivalis
07-20-06, 11:07 PM
Carter won, in no small part, due to the equally, if not more notorious, pardoning of Nixon by Ford.

AmyG
07-20-06, 11:59 PM
If you didn't want to be drafted, you shouldn't have been an American in the first place. Being an American means more than just being a citizen who lives and breathes American air. At least it should mean more. For me, the title "American" comes with a pride. And if my country called, I'd be way too proud of being an AMERICAN to refuse her. Too many people carry the title American without owning the pride that comes with it. Cowards, aka draft-dodgers, have none of this pride, and don't deserve to have it back, whether a president says so or not. Turn on your country once, and you're bound to do it again.

scbdo
07-21-06, 03:24 AM
Why does man condemn, man for makeing a choice?

Jsphsl4204
07-21-06, 03:51 AM
Why does man condemn, man for makeing a choice?

Pshychologically, and, this is obvoiusly an unproffesional, nontheless observational opinion, it is difficult to accept the fact that we as people are sometimes wrong.

We'd love to think we're always right, and we always have the correct opinions. Have you even been PROVEN wrong, when you just KNEW you were right? We play it off, as "Oh!", or "Wow, my idea makes more sense!", even AFTER we know within the depth of our hearts that we're incorrect.
Another example, I speak on politics very frequently and openly in public, as well as many political websites. I happen to be extremely liberal (do not use it against me being liberal at what is typically a conservative fanbase, i.e., a military website such as leatherneck.com) and I live in the red state of Georgia, furthermore, the red city of Columbus. I get a lot of **** from conservatives all the time about my political views, and, when I RARELY meet decent human beings who take the time to talk to people in a decent tone, without flying off the top because "I support gay marraige, etc.", or "I support abortion.", I occasionally pop off, even when not approached in a loathesome or disrespectful manner. I get so much **** and ignorant feedback, that I laugh it off without saying much, because it deserves no feedback, and when I receive an intelligent, tactful confrontation, I really, REALLY vent my anger and frustration toward the matter; so much so, a lot of time the people think I'm mad at THEM, when really my mind is taking over my mouth (okay, it's a lack of discipline on my part, but there are MILLIONS like me) and I'm incoherently portraying my putrid dissoproval of the matter. And, we ALL do it, or have done it, without thinking. It's an innate consequence of evolution, and modern society.

That ITSELF is an opinion. I have no scientific thesis to support my statement, but I'd like to think I'm right, because I know damn well I made a semi-intelligent statement, about a semi-intelligent issue, that took a degree of time to complete, and a bit of effort on my part to insure.

Covey_Rider
07-21-06, 08:23 AM
That was written very well. And I completely agree with everything that you said. So yes you do have something to be proud of...your vobabulary.

David Jameson
07-21-06, 08:41 AM
Out of the mouths of babes.Thats a very well written summary of thoughts for someone who's only been on the planet 15 years.I like to here other points of view as long as a person can make a case.Welcome NEW BE

yellowwing
07-21-06, 09:34 AM
Accord: ...I just recently found out the father of someone I know was a Vietnam-era draft dodger. I'm shocked, appalled, and felt like throwing up when I heard this news....
This is one extreme example, but are you beginning to see how extraordinary Marines are? Ooooh-rah!

ggyoung
07-21-06, 10:48 AM
scdbo There is no "Central High" in Utah. What gives?

scbdo
07-22-06, 12:05 AM
As for there being no Central High School in Utah, I have no idea what you are talking about. If indeed, it does not take residency in Utah... well then, I must have been having one wacked out dream for 3 years. If you have any further questions feel free to PM me.

Now, in other matters. I would agree, my post is somewhat unprofessional. Though, it is what I ment it to be. It is a poetic render of a thought...ment to provoke... well... thought.

I beleive in the freedom of choice. One of the few freedoms, in my opinion, that is actually free. Why would someone run from a draft? Maybe they are scared? Maybe not. We often times know little to nothing about a person. Yet, for some damning them, is as easy as counting to two.

Life is a precious thing, you only get one chance. Choose wisely...

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-22-06, 02:03 AM
It is easy to condemn a draft dodger, especially when you've worn the uniform. If someone isn't willing to give themselves to support this experiment in democracy, I have no use for them. This world is not a nice place. At times, men with guns must stand tall to defend freedom, there is no choice. Without the willingness of men to die so that others may live free, we would all be under strict rule from a small, elite, ruling class. Those that are not willing to do what is necessary to protect freedom do not deserve the freedom they have been given. When they violate the law because they don't have what it takes to pick up a rifle and stand a post their freedom should be taken away.

AmyG
07-22-06, 02:22 AM
The draft dodgers did have a choice. In fact, they had three. 1-Go fight. 2-Refuse and accept the punishment. 3-Run. They chose number 3. They ran. A coward doesn't need guts to run. He just needs two feet running away from the sound of the guns. Now, to choose option 2-refusing and facing the music? That would take a little more guts, and his stand would have a little more meaning. I would still dislike him, but at least he didn't turn away and flee.

Old Marine
07-22-06, 08:28 AM
Most of these posts keep mentioning a draft. There is no draft presently in the U.S. and if there was one there would be a mass exodus by many young men and women to places where they could hide.

I will probably get ran up the flag pole for saying this, but I believe that we got involved in places like Vietnam, and this present conflict and good young men are currently getting maimed and killed and for what. I know, because the president said we had to go and to protect our country. Sorry, Wrong Answer and I can't seem to come up with the right one.

These are my feelings on these subjects, like them or not.

JWG
07-22-06, 10:00 AM
I know why we're over there right now.. to eliminate (I'll stop being politcally correct.. to KILL) terrorists.

These people want everyone who doesn't bow down and believe what they preach, DEAD. We're 'Infidels.' Infidels my ass.. they can scream that they're going to kill me all you want.. but when you enter my country, and fly planes into my building.. and KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS.. I won't stand for it.

I'm in full support of what we're doing right now.. I just wish it was less political, and more WAR.

Either way, when my time comes, I will sign on the dotted line. The least I can do is to give myself to my country, and pray to God I can be of some lasting help to preserve freedom and the safety of America and it's occupants. I love this country..

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

-Jon :iwo:

hawks
07-22-06, 10:54 AM
What makes America, America? Freedom of choice. If they did not believe in the war, why should they fight in it? Would you rather be by someone that wants to be there and volunteered rather then someone that got drafted and did not want to be there? I'd rather be with the first one. I am not to knowledgable on the efficiency of draftees v volunteers in Vietnam, like how they fought, maybe some Vets could enlighten us.
Finally, the only people that should have an opinion on this is those that got drafted and did serve overseas. It is EASY to say that you would go straight to Vietnam if you were in the 60's or 70's. But would you really?

JWG
07-22-06, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure if you're familiar.. but it, as a citizen, is our duty to protect this country when it is needed. Meaning, being called to war, a Draft.

If you're not willing to fight when called upon, willingly or drafted, then get out of my country. (Not directed to you personally. General statement.)

It is our right as citizens, as well, to overthrow the government, establish a new one as well as a new military if/when the government becomes anything other than a democracy.. etc. Along those lines, I'd have to go into the Constitution, etc to find it, but it's there.

Yes, we have a freedoms.. but it's not FREE by ANY means. So, if you're not willing to PAY that FEE for FREEDOM.. than you don't deserve freedom. (Draft Dodgers, etc. Again.. not a personal statement.. a general one.)

What makes America, America? Freedom of choice. If they did not believe in the war, why should they fight in it? Would you rather be by someone that wants to be there and volunteered rather then someone that got drafted and did not want to be there? I'd rather be with the first one. I am not to knowledgable on the efficiency of draftees v volunteers in Vietnam, like how they fought, maybe some Vets could enlighten us.
Finally, the only people that should have an opinion on this is those that got drafted and did serve overseas. It is EASY to say that you would go straight to Vietnam if you were in the 60's or 70's. But would you really?

Jsphsl4204
07-22-06, 12:58 PM
I know why we're over there right now.. to eliminate (I'll stop being politcally correct.. to KILL) terrorists.

These people want everyone who doesn't bow down and believe what they preach, DEAD. We're 'Infidels.' Infidels my ass.. they can scream that they're going to kill me all you want.. but when you enter my country, and fly planes into my building.. and KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS.. I won't stand for it.

I'm in full support of what we're doing right now.. I just wish it was less political, and more WAR.

Either way, when my time comes, I will sign on the dotted line. The least I can do is to give myself to my country, and pray to God I can be of some lasting help to preserve freedom and the safety of America and it's occupants. I love this country..

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

-Jon :iwo:

Meh, I'd hate to say this, especially to the likes of YOU (and that's not sarcasm), but our current objective is liberating Iraq, not eliminating terrorists. Terrorist organizations are standing in our way.

It is impossible to eliminate global terror. Granted, we may give al-Queda the boot, but where there is one terrorist organization, there is one-hundred more.

And I can understand your anger on 9/11, but entering country based solely on the purpose of (as far as what's been previously released to the public) finding weapons of mass destruction, in an eleborate "lie" to the president (I blame the CIA, not President Bush for this; Bush received the intel. the CIA conducted) IS, politically and morally wrong. Granted, liberation of Iraq is a great thing, but can our government truly justify their actions? Can they?

And less politics, more WAR would help ensure getting the job done. It's Viet-raq, done right. Less talky, more fighty.

I admire your patriotism, it's nothing less than courageous. I will hopefully sign that dotted line one day as well, until then, and even after then, GOD BLESS AMERICA, even if from a political, moral, and social standpoint, we're wrong.

P.S. - It's obvious I'm against this war, which I am, but I hope nobody takes it the wrong way. My purpose was to inform, not scold, even if I'd hate to say it myself. It's just knowledge that I use to my advantage when speaking politically.

Covey_Rider
07-22-06, 02:17 PM
When you turn 18, you have to go to the city courthouse and sign a paper specifically for the draft. If you don't believe in America then by all means...there's the door. And in my mind every single one of us here would have no problem with the draft, hell the draft wouldn't even be an issue because we'd already be there fighting. You are correct about it being their choice, but to run and not stand up to the concequences of their actions is being cowardice. That's my piece.

JWG
07-22-06, 03:58 PM
We are in a GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR. Like it or not, possible or not.. we are.

Impossible? It's a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than sitting around and not KICKING THEM IN THE ASS.. and killing some terrorists. Sure.. maybe they'll always be a around, but they'll think twice before they attack America or bully us again. If we don't do anything.. then they'll just grow and grow. They're like a cancer.. you got to keep it down so it don't grow too big.

You can understand my anger of 9/11? I DAMN SURE HOPE that you felt just as much anger as me.. because.. you ARE a American citizen aren't you? Not just "understand" it.

Second of all.. there WERE WMD's... we gave them to them earlier on. Suddam sent them to Syria when U.S was scheduled to invade Iraq. I mean hell, he had a hell of enough time to get rid of them.. to much time.

"I admire your patriotism, it's nothing less than courageous. I will hopefully sign that dotted line one day as well, until then, and even after then, GOD BLESS AMERICA, even if from a political, moral, and social standpoint, we're wrong." -Jsphsl4204

I'm glad you admire my patriotism.. I sure hope you have some yourself. I admire you're opinions.. and you're fully entitled to them in AMERICA because of FREEDOM. That's why we're fighting this war.. Terrorism threatens that FREEDOM to speak your mind.. and for me to speak my mind right now.

I hope the deciding factor for you to 'join or not to join' is NOT based on whether there is a war or not.

If you aren't willing to fight a war you may or may not agree with.. don't join the Corps. Once you join, it's not up to you. You're political standpoints and opinions mean nothing anymore, and no one will care to listen, as it will not stop you from being shipped over to Iraq, Iran, or anywhere else we may be fighting by the time you can sign that dotted line.

No offense, Joseph.. not trying to 'scold' either. Don't take it too personal.

Meh, I'd hate to say this, especially to the likes of YOU (and that's not sarcasm), but our current objective is liberating Iraq, not eliminating terrorists. Terrorist organizations are standing in our way.

It is impossible to eliminate global terror. Granted, we may give al-Queda the boot, but where there is one terrorist organization, there is one-hundred more.

And I can understand your anger on 9/11, but entering country based solely on the purpose of (as far as what's been previously released to the public) finding weapons of mass destruction, in an eleborate "lie" to the president (I blame the CIA, not President Bush for this; Bush received the intel. the CIA conducted) IS, politically and morally wrong. Granted, liberation of Iraq is a great thing, but can our government truly justify their actions? Can they?

And less politics, more WAR would help ensure getting the job done. It's Viet-raq, done right. Less talky, more fighty.

I admire your patriotism, it's nothing less than courageous. I will hopefully sign that dotted line one day as well, until then, and even after then, GOD BLESS AMERICA, even if from a political, moral, and social standpoint, we're wrong.

P.S. - It's obvious I'm against this war, which I am, but I hope nobody takes it the wrong way. My purpose was to inform, not scold, even if I'd hate to say it myself. It's just knowledge that I use to my advantage when speaking politically.

Brooklyn
07-22-06, 05:15 PM
Soapbox anyone?

Jsphsl4204
07-22-06, 06:52 PM
We are in a GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR. Like it or not, possible or not.. we are.

Impossible? It's a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than sitting around and not KICKING THEM IN THE ASS.. and killing some terrorists. Sure.. maybe they'll always be a around, but they'll think twice before they attack America or bully us again. If we don't do anything.. then they'll just grow and grow. They're like a cancer.. you got to keep it down so it don't grow too big.

You can understand my anger of 9/11? I DAMN SURE HOPE that you felt just as much anger as me.. because.. you ARE a American citizen aren't you? Not just "understand" it.

Second of all.. there WERE WMD's... we gave them to them earlier on. Suddam sent them to Syria when U.S was scheduled to invade Iraq. I mean hell, he had a hell of enough time to get rid of them.. to much time.

"I admire your patriotism, it's nothing less than courageous. I will hopefully sign that dotted line one day as well, until then, and even after then, GOD BLESS AMERICA, even if from a political, moral, and social standpoint, we're wrong." -Jsphsl4204

I'm glad you admire my patriotism.. I sure hope you have some yourself. I admire you're opinions.. and you're fully entitled to them in AMERICA because of FREEDOM. That's why we're fighting this war.. Terrorism threatens that FREEDOM to speak your mind.. and for me to speak my mind right now.

I hope the deciding factor for you to 'join or not to join' is NOT based on whether there is a war or not.

If you aren't willing to fight a war you may or may not agree with.. don't join the Corps. Once you join, it's not up to you. You're political standpoints and opinions mean nothing anymore, and no one will care to listen, as it will not stop you from being shipped over to Iraq, Iran, or anywhere else we may be fighting by the time you can sign that dotted line.

No offense, Joseph.. not trying to 'scold' either. Don't take it too personal.

Okay, so we're in a GLOBAL war on terror, but our objective is not eliminating terror. Funny, isn't it? Our objective is liberating Iraq, not eliminating al-Queda or their top operatives. If we happen to do so in the process, I'll be damn proud, but that's not the point of this war.

BUT, the problem I see is we're not COMBATING terrorism! I mean, sure, we NEED to kick the terrorists ass, but we're not doing that! We're trying to liberate Iraq, and Muslim extremists who supported Hussein's regime, NOT terrorist groups, are standing in our way! HELL YEAH, I support fighting terrorism, but the basis of this war right now is not such methods; I've said it before, and it's a fact. I'll go find the source right after this.

And wow, Jon, I really don't beleive you said that to me. Really. HELL YEAH I understand your anger, not just from a political viewpoint, but I felt that putrid disgust inside myself as well. I want to kill everyone of those *******ed Extremist Muslim Iraqi bastards, terrorist or not, but doing it is NOT the right thing! It's a war on terror, yes, but we're not combating terrorism! We're NOT stopping the terrorists; we're liberating Iraq!

However, the weapons of mass destruction were not large enough to pose a threat to U.S. even WITH a surprise attack. We had countermeasures in place, furthermore, these weapons of mass destruction were not being used against us by al-Queda and other terrorist groups.

TERRORISM DOES THREATEN MY FREEDOM. SO LET'S FIGHT AL-QUEDA, NOT ALL TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE, AND STOP PLAYING IT OFF BY LIBERATING IRAQ, SHALL WE?! I'm not angry at you, that's just pent-up frustration at the fact you're missing my point; WE ARE NOT COMBATING TERRORISM, WE ARE LIBERATING A NATION OF WHICH CANNOT JUSTIFY OUR ACTIONS TOWARD THEIR LIBERATION. We're making a country free for basically no reason, other than speculation.

And I AM joining. I have respect for my country. My sig says "Patriotism is protecting one's country from one's government" and I beleive that to the fullest. Not only am I joining, I'd like to volunteer for combat, if at all possible. You don't have to worry about me giving my country the boot; it ****es me off when people say, "Well, if you don't agree with the war, you shouldn't fight in it!" I in no way share that opinion, as liberal as I may be. And I'm not going to discuss why; it's sheerly an ignorant thought to beleive such, and everyone here knows that.

And, while I flipped my lid in this passage, it is SHEERLY my political opinion... NOTHING personal at all, Jon, and none taken my way, either.. I admire you to the fullest, even if I don't always agree with you, for that matter, even if I hardly ever agree with you, haha.

JWG
07-22-06, 07:25 PM
As much as I wanna keep yelling back and forth.. I can't. Gotta love you bro.

Good luck, and hopefully I'll be able to fight by your side.

Opinions are like *******s.. we all have one. 'Nough said on that matter.

No more politics and getting roughed up for me.. ATLEAST FOR RIGHT NOW. ;) :thumbup:

Jsphsl4204
07-22-06, 07:54 PM
As much as I wanna keep yelling back and forth.. I can't. Gotta love you bro.

Good luck, and hopefully I'll be able to fight by your side.

Opinions are like *******s.. we all have one. 'Nough said on that matter.

No more politics and getting roughed up for me.. ATLEAST FOR RIGHT NOW. ;) :thumbup:

Lol, yeah, I hear ya', man.
And yeah, we'll continue our... er... I don't wanna call it a "dispute", because we get along fine. We'll talk about it another time. : )

Stanley Hroszow
07-22-06, 09:58 PM
you never truly understood what I said to you, and you never understand, many people with your type of knowledge, never will God said it well, when He said I will confound the wise men of this world, and because you do not understand, you probably end up going through the tribulation, if you do not understand what that is see if you can get some copies of Tim LaHayes' & Jerry b. Jenkins Videos The Left Behind Series, I know you do not belive in God. but also get a Holy Bible and read the book of Revelation Like I said before God is real and all this is about to come to pass.and I mean it wont go away. Gods Judgement is coming soon when I do not no one does only God. And because you do not believe, you have no fear of Him.