PDA

View Full Version : Reflections ~ 35 years ago today ~ RVN

Sparrowhawk
12-30-02, 06:57 AM
I don't have the command chronologies for this date, but I remember being hungry and tired, we have been roaming around the area almost without a purpose. The lieutenant, a new lieutenant seemed to be lost at times.

We were a platoon wondering all over the place with no particular goal in mind it seemed. When we came upon Cac unit, I was surprised where we were.

While I don't have a command chronology report of these days, I can only go with what I remember or recall as to where we were and what I wrote in my diary.

I do recall that these two days were full of heavy movement. We were always on the move, never resting, or setting in anywhere in particular, we set up ambushes, but I felt uneasy, as we were stretched out too thin.

It seemed as if we were running back and forth without any real goal in sight, the lieutenant was always checking his map.

When we came upon the Cac unit (also know as Tiger CAC #1), it was a surprise to us, as we weren't expecting to find ourselves near them or route 14.